+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advices- Please Reply :Leon and all Seniors

HopeVisa

Sep 18, 2010
Hi,

I am a Quebec applicant who just got PPR and I am getting ready to move to Montreal by the end of September. I am presently in US.
I have contacted several moving companies and U-haul seems to be the best option for me so far. I am planning to fly to Montreal and sent my stuff by U-haul at the same time. My questions are:

1-What I am supposed to do when I stuff reach the customs. I am planning to take the option where the can deliver my stuff at my uncle house in Montreal where I will be living for few months. Do I have to be at the customs to clear my stuff??? Should I provide the U-haul driver with copies of my PPR docs?

I am assuming I should tell and show my goods to follow list to the Immigration Officer at the Montreal airport during my landing process. Is it enough to get my stuff cleared at the customs without my presence?

2- Also, I am planning to stay in Montreal for 2 months and go to my home country for 2 months and come back in Montreal in January. I know for sure I will have some stuff to take with me in Canada, but I do not know what for now( thinking of some traditional clothes, jewelry). Do I have to have a 2nd goods to follow list ? How to you think I should do it?
Thanks a lot for your precious help.
HopeVisa

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

HopeVisa said:
Hi,

I am a Quebec applicant who just got PPR and I am getting ready to move to Montreal by the end of September. I am presently in US.
I have contacted several moving companies and U-haul seems to be the best option for me so far. I am planning to fly to Montreal and sent my stuff by U-haul at the same time. My questions are:

1-What I am supposed to do when I stuff reach the customs. I am planning to take the option where the can deliver my stuff at my uncle house in Montreal where I will be living for few months. Do I have to be at the customs to clear my stuff??? Should I provide the U-haul driver with copies of my PPR docs?

I am assuming I should tell and show my goods to follow list to the Immigration Officer at the Montreal airport during my landing process. Is it enough to get my stuff cleared at the customs without my presence?

2- Also, I am planning to stay in Montreal for 2 months and go to my home country for 2 months and come back in Montreal in January. I know for sure I will have some stuff to take with me in Canada, but I do not know what for now( thinking of some traditional clothes, jewelry). Do I have to have a 2nd goods to follow list ? How to you think I should do it?
Thanks a lot for your precious help.
HopeVisa
1. A copy of the goods to follow list for shipper. You may have to attend the bondage wharehouse in Montreal to clear it. All goods to be imported at a later date, must be owned and used and should be shown on the B4. You can have 1 GTF list.

HopeVisa

Sep 18, 2010
Thanks a lot PMM for your valuable reply. I really appreciate it and it helps a lot.
So, from what I understand, the shipper cannot take my goods directly to my home address right? Now what should I ask the shipping company to do? should I ask them to leave my stuff at the warehouse?? Do you know how long the goods can stay at the bondage warehouse? Do I have to pay som fees?
Sorry for all those questions, I am so confused and need help.
Thanks for your time
HopeVisa

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HopeVisa said:
Thanks a lot PMM for your valuable reply. I really appreciate it and it helps a lot.
So, from what I understand, the shipper cannot take my goods directly to my home address right? Now what should I ask the shipping company to do? should I ask them to leave my stuff at the warehouse?? Do you know how long the goods can stay at the bondage warehouse? Do I have to pay som fees?
Sorry for all those questions, I am so confused and need help.
Thanks for your time
HopeVisa
Yes, after your shipper inform you that your goods had arrived Canada, you need to make an appointment with CBSA and attend a clearance with them before the goods can be arrive at your home address. The shipping company will provide you some document (such as bill of laden) for you to bring to the appointment. Shipping companies will know what to do. CBSA conducts random inspection and if your goods had been selected for inspection, you might be charged for those inspection. Normally the goods can be stored in the bondage warehouse for 5 days free of charge.

HopeVisa

Sep 18, 2010
Thank you so much Steaky for your very useful reply. I am learning a lot and things are more clear in my mind now.

One more question. I have another option and I need your advice on that.
One of my friend has a truck and he wants to take me with all my stuff in Montreal by road. He will charge me for sure, but I do no know if it is a good thing to do. As a Quebec Immigrant, is it possible for me to have my landing process at any POE or do I have to land in Quebec only. Also, do you know if my stuff will get cleared immediatly at the POE if I choose my friend option or do we still have to go to the bondage warehouse?