+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need advice

lovecanadaaa

Feb 15, 2008
Hi,

I've just received my canadian PR, and I'm currently residing in US(green card holder). I'm getting married this summer and plan to apply for his canadian PR since its a lot faster than US. I'm a student in US and wont be able to stay in canada. I know that PR should reside in canada at the time they apply for their spouses but I was wondering if immigration would check on that. Because I can easily cross the border between US and canada. Enter canada by my PR and leave it using my US green card so there wont be any record of me leaving the countary. Would that work? please help me.

Or what should I do????

lovecanadaaa

Feb 15, 2008
I forgot to mention, that I have a permanent mailing address, bank account, driver's license etc to show that I'm leaving in canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lovecanadaaa said:
could you at least say why?? or where I"m going to get cought??
When you try and get an option C from CRA Taxation for your sponsorship, and when you try and extend your PR card.

PMM

lovecanadaaa

Feb 15, 2008
Hey PMM, thanks for the reply, eventhough I didnt underestand what is option C from CRA taxation? And what do you mean by extending my PR card???

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
An "Option C" is a summary of your annual taxes from income. You have to provide immigration an Option C for the previous tax year in order to qualify to be a sponsor. As far as the "PR card," that is the Permanent Resident Card.

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
The question is why you want to maintain two residency status? just figure out where you want to live and drop the other, you have time to sort things out and make the decision. It's just counter-intutive that you want to reside in two places at the same time