+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice!!!!!!!!!

Ezio07

Jul 29, 2021
Hi, i want to discuss my profile with you guys.
I'm in dilemma whether I go further for canada study visa or not. Here is my profile:-

I've done my 10th in 2013 with 6 CGPA
12th in 2015 with 80%
Bsc in hotel management in 2018 with 65%

After that I'm preparing for the government jobs exam till November 2019 and I've all the proofs like admit cards. Then I joined Starbucks in November 2019 till January 2021, I lost my job because of covid and I'm currently unemployed.

Now, I'm planning to do PG diploma in hotel or hospitality management from canada and wants to build my career in the same industry. I've registered my ielts exam and it's on 4th September.

How's my profile? Is the gap between jan 2021 and till now will become problem for me as i didn't do anything productive after leaving my job or can i justify this gap with covid issue? Is my gap is more and i can't get visa? I need advice.

Note- I'm going to apply for the May/September 2022 intake

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have a BSc in hotel management, why are you taking a diploma in hotel management - same courses/program. How would it even build on your career.

Ezio07

Jul 29, 2021
If you have a BSc in hotel management, why are you taking a diploma in hotel management - same courses/program. How would it even build on your career.
I'm going to do PG diploma in something which related to my field like global tourism management, etc

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
You should expect similar questions from a visa officer when he will be reviewing your application. He will not take interview from you but will try to get the answers from your previous academic, work experience and statement of purpose (a mandatory document you will submit to explain your purpose of taking this particular course, particular institutute and reason of choosing canada for this course).

If visa officers are unable to get the answers, they usually take very short time to reject the application

Reactions: RumezaJ

Ezio07

Jul 29, 2021
You've not answered the question @Naturgrl asked you - why are you taking a diploma in hotel management - same courses/program? How would it even build on your career?
I've checked some programs related to my field in colleges from canada. The program contents are relevant to my bsc in hotel management but not the same, there are many new things/skills (i.e finance, management skills) which i acquire while doing PG diploma. Which help me to fetch a management level job in a 5 star hotel.

Ezio07

Jul 29, 2021
Why can't you do it in your home country, and why do you need to go all the way to Canada for that?
In india there are some colleges who are offering the PG diploma in hotel management and that diplomas have generalized contents. I've already learned that in my graduation but the programs offered by the Canadian colleges are specialized in finance, tourism entrepreneur and management skills, etc. I'll learn something new in canada that will boost up my career and help me fetch a good management level job in a 5 star hotel or hotel/tourism industy and the scope of the Canadian diploma are more in the wolrd and I'll be coming back after my studies as I'm the only one child of my parents, I've to look after my mom as she's physically abled. My only motive to do the PG diploma or masters in canada to acquire management level jobs in india.

Ezio07

Jul 29, 2021
You should expect similar questions from a visa officer when he will be reviewing your application. He will not take interview from you but will try to get the answers from your previous academic, work experience and statement of purpose (a mandatory document you will submit to explain your purpose of taking this particular course, particular institutute and reason of choosing canada for this course).

If visa officers are unable to get the answers, they usually take very short time to reject the application
Yes, I'm aware of that. How's my profile. Some said you have gap of more than 3 years your chances of getting the study visa is bleak

Last edited:

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
In india there are some colleges who are offering the PG diploma in hotel management and that diplomas have generalized contents. I've already learned that in my graduation but the programs offered by the Canadian colleges are specialized in finance, tourism entrepreneur and management skills, etc. I'll learn something new in canada that will boost up my career and help me fetch a good management level job in a 5 star hotel or hotel/tourism industy and the scope of the Canadian diploma are more in the wolrd and I'll be coming back after my studies as I'm the only one child of my parents, I've to look after my mom as she's physically abled. My only motive to do the PG diploma or masters in canada to acquire management level jobs in india.
there's no logical reason why you need to do a diploma a Canada. It's not designed to train you to work in India. If you want that, you could just do a diploma in India. The VO will question why you did not apply for a diploma course in your home country and have to travel to Canada for that.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
I've checked some programs related to my field in colleges from canada. The program contents are relevant to my bsc in hotel management but not the same, there are many new things/skills (i.e finance, management skills) which i acquire while doing PG diploma. Which help me to fetch a management level job in a 5 star hotel.
It’s unlikely a postgraduate diploma in itself would qualify you for a management-level job at a 5 star hotel
In fact, with your BSc and some years of work experience you stand a better chance

In other words, the diploma will only be marginally relevant to your stated career goals and would perhaps not justify the cost of studying in Canada ( is what I imagine the visa officer would think )

Ezio07

Jul 29, 2021
It’s unlikely a postgraduate diploma in itself would qualify you for a management-level job at a 5 star hotel
In fact, with your BSc and some years of work experience you stand a better chance

In other words, the diploma will only be marginally relevant to your stated career goals and would perhaps not justify the cost of studying in Canada ( is what I imagine the visa officer would think )
Please give me some suggestions how can i convince visa officer?

Ezio07

Jul 29, 2021
there's no logical reason why you need to do a diploma a Canada. It's not designed to train you to work in India. If you want that, you could just do a diploma in India. The VO will question why you did not apply for a diploma course in your home country and have to travel to Canada for that.
How can i convince VO?