+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice with the further action to take regarding my PR card application

HocheolSeo

Apr 24, 2018
Hello,

I got my virtual CoPR through into my CIC account on May 27, 2020.

Stupidly, I've sent it along with my photo through unregistered mail via CanadaPost, which means no tracking #.

I live in Calgary, and the IRCC address instructed to send a pacakge to was in Calgary too so I thought it wouldn't have been a big deal to just use an unregistered mail.

Since I dispatched my package, I haven't heard anything back so far, and I saw the anticipated new PR card processing time is roughly 2-3 months, (at that time.) so I thought it was fine.

However I had one friend who lived few hours away from Calgary, and he sent his package to Calgary IRCC office through Canadapost, and got his new PR card approved and mailed in within 2 - 3 weeks.

At this point I started having a doubt that my package might have got lost or being sent to somewhere else, or whatever the reason, but I have no way to figure it out as

I did not use the traceable mail, which is totally my stupidity.

I've called IRCC several times, the last time was just the last week, they told me they have not got any updates at all, and just told me to keep waiting until October.

At this time, I'm thinking of sending off the package once again to my local IRCC office, which is in Calgary, and to make sure I use the traceable mailing service.

Any advice on my current situation? Should I just wait?

Does anyone know what would happen if my package has been received twice? Will they just simply ignore the first package? or will there be complicated consequences?