+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice: Which route to take?. Express entry or Student visa for PR?.

Akash Mehta

Oct 12, 2015
I have done BE Mech from India with 8.4 CGPA and having work experience of 8+ years in Automotive OEM.

I have taken IELTS general (Without much preparation) and scored 6.5 (3yrs back).

Later I did my MBA in part time. Now I want to immigrate to Canada.

Which is the best route to get PR easily in Canada?. Or is there any other way I can get job directly for my profile without PR?. Pls advice.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
If we were in 2018 or 2019 , I would definitely advise you for EE, however now in 2021 ...

The situation is so uncertain, we are surrounded by uncertainty, I applied for EE in December 2019, got invited to submit application in Jan 2020, submitted my application in April 2020 , since then it have been one year and a half almost and I did receive nothing, thankfully I did know after six months that nothing will come out of it due to pandemic.

What I did is I applied for immigration to other UE countries and I took that route, now I am living abroad since 6 months.. if I have waited for PR through EE i would still be in my home country waiting for something that will never come.

As an outlander I advise you to try the student visa first, it is your best bet as only international students are currently permitted entry in Canada, if you face a refusal, you could always apply for EE if things are back to normal..

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have done BE Mech from India with 8.4 CGPA and having work experience of 8+ years in Automotive OEM.

I have taken IELTS general (Without much preparation) and scored 6.5 (3yrs back).

Later I did my MBA in part time. Now I want to immigrate to Canada.

Which is the best route to get PR easily in Canada?. Or is there any other way I can get job directly for my profile without PR?. Pls advice.
You should assume that it will not be possible to get a job directly. You should assume that your options are to either focus on immigrating or take further studies in Canada.

If you want to take further studies, another master's or a PhD would be best. If that doesn't work for you, make sure it is a post graduate diploma and that you study at least two years (to qualify for a 3 year post graduate work permit and give yourself the highest chance of getting PR).

If you want to try the immigration route, you will need to retake IELTS since yours have expired. You'll also want to focus on achieving a much higher score. 6.5 is low and won't score very many points. Even with a higher IELTS score, you probably won't have enough points to get ITA through EE directly and you'll need to look at other ways to boost your score (e.g. learning French, PhD) or see if you can secure a PNP nomination.

As the poster said above, it's more difficult now. There is no easy path to PR. I agree that the student path may be your best option if you are able to make that investment.

Akash Mehta

Oct 12, 2015
If we were in 2018 or 2019 , I would definitely advise you for EE, however now in 2021 ...

The situation is so uncertain, we are surrounded by uncertainty, I applied for EE in December 2019, got invited to submit application in Jan 2020, submitted my application in April 2020 , since then it have been one year and a half almost and I did receive nothing, thankfully I did know after six months that nothing will come out of it due to pandemic.

What I did is I applied for immigration to other UE countries and I took that route, now I am living abroad since 6 months.. if I have waited for PR through EE i would still be in my home country waiting for something that will never come.

As an outlander I advise you to try the student visa first, it is your best bet as only international students are currently permitted entry in Canada, if you face a refusal, you could always apply for EE if things are back to normal..

Thanks for the reply. Since I have already completed MBA, If I have to choose the study in Canada for making an entry, I have to go for Graduate Diploma kind of program. But most of the programs are one yr course. After completing, they are providing one year post graduation work permit. Is that enough to boost my score later to achieve PR?. Pls advice!!

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Since I have already completed MBA, If I have to choose the study in Canada for making an entry, I have to go for Graduate Diploma kind of program. But most of the programs are one yr course. After completing, they are providing one year post graduation work permit. Is that enough to boost my score later to achieve PR?. Pls advice!!
Yep, I guess it is enough to qualify for CEC stream if you get a one year full time professional experience through your pgwp. You need to look in details for CEC requirements, even though with your experience and home country diplomas with one additional Canadian diploma, you would qualify with a high score also under FSW.

But as of now the FSW stream is under high uncertainty, we do not know when IRCC will resume it.

Study permit one year PGWP then CEC stream is a more safe bet than FSW for sure if you can afford it.

Akash Mehta

Oct 12, 2015
Thanks for the insights and feedback.
I have another query that I have around 8+ years of work experience and MBA degree from BITS. Throughout my career and academics, medium of instruction was English. Also, I have certificate from university to prove that my medium of instruction was English. Is it sufficient to enroll in Graduate certificate program in Canada or do I need to take IELTS again to prove my English proficiency.?

If so, Which are the universities or colleges accept medium of instruction certificate for graduate studies?.