+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice: spouse sponsorship under live-in caregiver?

flordz

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I need your advice. I want to know what is better to do. I applied PR application single applicant under the live-in caregiver. Just wanna know if it is better to get married and include your spouse to your application or just wait till you get your PR status and then sponsor a spouse? Please let me know. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

flordz said:
Hi,

I need your advice. I want to know what is better to do. I applied PR application single applicant under the live-in caregiver. Just wanna know if it is better to get married and include your spouse to your application or just wait till you get your PR status and then sponsor a spouse? Please let me know. Thank you.
1. If you are married, your spouse must be included in the application. It does add some time.
2. If you marry after your "landed" then the processing time is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

flordz

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for ur immediate response. I'm not married though, just thinking about getting married. I was just torn if it is wise to get married now and include him as "add on" on my PR application or sponsor him when my PR comes. Is it true that single applicant is quicker than married applicant to be processed.?