+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED ADVICE: Reapplying for B2 UD VISA after 1st rejection

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask about US Visit Visa again. I'm landed PR.

I applied last November for a visit visa and was denied due to 214b. I'm a Canadian PR (5 months landed immigrant at that time) It was my 1st month at my job as a dayhome director and I had a bf in Orlando back then which I am visiting.

Last january, my personal circumstances has changed significantly. I now work in the IT Department of an oil and gas company, earning twice as much as I used to earn in the dayhome. I wish to reapply again on June (hitting my 1st year mark in Canada on June) and it's like 7 months after my initial application. Do you think I should wait a little longer? I'm still together with my boyfriend, and my purpose of visiting this time is I'll be in Ohio for 4 days to be a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding. Do I stand a chance even tho i had a refusal?

Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakeyy said:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask about US Visit Visa again. I'm landed PR.

I applied last November for a visit visa and was denied due to 214b. I'm a Canadian PR (5 months landed immigrant at that time) It was my 1st month at my job as a dayhome director and I had a bf in Orlando back then which I am visiting.

Last january, my personal circumstances has changed significantly. I now work in the IT Department of an oil and gas company, earning twice as much as I used to earn in the dayhome. I wish to reapply again on June (hitting my 1st year mark in Canada on June) and it's like 7 months after my initial application. Do you think I should wait a little longer? I'm still together with my boyfriend, and my purpose of visiting this time is I'll be in Ohio for 4 days to be a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding. Do I stand a chance even tho i had a refusal?

Thanks
Your circumstances have changed with the higher income but that on its own is not the only thing the conoff (consular officer) will consider. He/she wants to see that you have strong ties to Canada compelling you to return home after your visit. The b/f situation is a red flag...what's to stop you marrying him if he is a US Citizen and remaining in the US? Now if you own a home in Canada that would be a strong tie. You won't know till you apply but without knowing your other ties to Canada no one will give a x % chance its just that you have a better chance now you have been in Canada longer with an increased income.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Your circumstances have changed with the higher income but that on its own is not the only thing the conoff (consular officer) will consider. He/she wants to see that you have strong ties to Canada compelling you to return home after your visit. The b/f situation is a red flag...what's to stop you marrying him if he is a US Citizen and remaining in the US? Now if you own a home in Canada that would be a strong tie. You won't know till you apply but without knowing your other ties to Canada no one will give a x % chance its just that you have a better chance now you have been in Canada longer with an increased income.
Hi Msafiri,

I only rent a basement and I do have a car. Does a car help?... With complete honesty, I just only wish to have the chance to see my boyfriend as often as we could. He frequently visits me but I also wish we could hang out together in the US to for long weekends. I just started my career, and marriage is still far from our priority since, I'm still starting with my career here in Canada, I don't see the point of moving to uncertainty where I have a bright future here in Calgary as of now. I just started. T.T

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.