+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice : Re-Applying for USA visitor visa B2

sj1990

Dec 3, 2013
Hi
Guys i need advice as this time i want to apply without any mistakes and errors
I became PR of canada in August and land at pearson airport on 22nd of august 2014
originally i am from pakistan
I applied for usa B2 visa in oct interview was scheduled on 19 oct and got rejected under 214 (B) reason not strong ties with Canada
I want to apply again but any advice when should i apply

my situation is little different:
my husband is working in USA he is working voluntarily on B1 visa so he cant sponsor me
now as i already mention in my initial application that my husband is in states what can i do to make my case strong

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sj1990 said:
Hi
Guys i need advice as this time i want to apply without any mistakes and errors
I became PR of canada in August and land at pearson airport on 22nd of august 2014
originally i am from pakistan
I applied for usa B2 visa in oct interview was scheduled on 19 oct and got rejected under 214 (B) reason not strong ties with Canada
I want to apply again but any advice when should i apply

my situation is little different:
my husband is working in USA he is working voluntarily on B1 visa so he cant sponsor me
now as i already mention in my initial application that my husband is in states what can i do to make my case strong
You have to overcome the denial reason. Otherwise, there is no point of re-applying especially when your husband is working in US.

Things that you should consider in order to strengthen your ties with Canada:
- Full-time job in Canada
- Full-time enrollment in Canadian school
- Renting/owning an apartment/house in Canada
- Canadian bank statements for several months
- 6~12 months living in Canada before applying (the more you live, the more ties you grow)

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
CanV said:
One year from the time you became PR.
Incorrect. I got a US visit visa within just 2-3 months of being a PR.

The only thing you need to prove ties to Canada is you have to show that you have something in Canada which guarantees your return to the country. This is called ties to Canada, and are generally things like a job to come back to or school/university/college to resume and family and / or property in Canada. It doesn't matter how long you've stayed in Canada to the US visa issuers.

There is literally no point in re-applying if you haven't overcome your first denial reason, ie, ties to Canada.

Your husband being in the USA is actually detrimental to your visit visa application. All the Americans need to see is assure themselves that you aren't an intending immigrant to the USA to grant you the visa.