+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on which path to take,

Jmercieca26

Jan 15, 2019
I am Canadian born with a girlfriend from the United states. Shes currently stay with me until January which will be her 2nd trip here . ( 2 trips 4 months each).

We are looking for the best route to help her immigrate so she can stay with me full-time.
She has no post-secondary education and is looking to continuing her studies in Canada when she settles here. Is going through spousal sponsorship the easiest/fastest way?
Would it be possible to secure a job offer and apply for a work permit?

Were both 22 if

Jmercieca26

Jan 15, 2019
You mentioned in January you were going to get married, did you get married or not ?
No unfortunately we weren't able to with the time we had left, regardless of which path we take with immigration we will be having a civil ceremony before she leaves in January.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am Canadian born with a girlfriend from the United states. Shes currently stay with me until January which will be her 2nd trip here . ( 2 trips 4 months each).

We are looking for the best route to help her immigrate so she can stay with me full-time.
She has no post-secondary education and is looking to continuing her studies in Canada when she settles here. Is going through spousal sponsorship the easiest/fastest way?
Would it be possible to secure a job offer and apply for a work permit?

Were both 22 if
Once married, you can sponsor her.

In order to apply for a work permit, she needs a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA. Given her age and lack of education, chances are next to nil.