+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on study while doing full time job

neverletmego

Oct 31, 2015
I did full time study (m tech in india) and full time employment ( as software engineer ) in an Indian MNC in the same period. Does CIC consider both of them? Can I claim points for both of them?

Thanks in advance.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
neverletmego said:
I did full time study (m tech in india) and full time employment ( as software engineer ) in an Indian MNC in the same period. Does CIC consider both of them? Can I claim points for both of them?

Thanks in advance.
That doesn't make sense, full time means : 30 hours/week.
I don't think CIC will consider that you work and study full time in same period : means 60 hours/week.

In short, you can claim anyone of them.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or both of them. But not both as full-time because that just defeats the purpose of calling anything full-time.

neverletmego

Oct 31, 2015
Thanks. So you want me to mention my job experience as part time during my study. Will cic give points for part time job same as full time job?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neverletmego said:
Thanks. So you want me to mention my job experience as part time during my study. Will cic give points for part time job same as full time job?
Part-time job is calculated at anything less than 30 hours/week. If it was 15 hours/week you'll get 50% credit for that experience, if it was 24 hours/week you'll get 80% credit and so on. If you have 2 years (104 weeks) of part-time work experience at 15 hours/week, that is equivalent to 1 year (52 weeks) of full-time experience.

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Hm, I'm in the same boat, are you guys sure that having 2 full-time occupations is impossible? I mean, I have a verified diploma and payslips from my job and everything. My job work hours are pretty flexible (working after studies and at weekends for 40 hour/week total), that's what allowed me to work full-time while studying. Is that really unacceptable for CIC?