+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on purpose of visit for spouse open work permit.

Oct 16, 2019
Hi, All

I need advice on my narrative for the "purpose of visit", Ive been reading threads on this forum for a while.
found out most of the rejections are because of the improper documentaion, dishonest narrative of purpose of visit.
Here is my situation.

This year I got enrolled in a PhD program in China on chinese government scholarship with a monthly stipend.
My wife is French and Im an Indian and we will be visiting France where she will make an application for the study permit. Apparently for her the document checklist is as short as it could get, she just needs to provide proof of funds, since Quebec and France have special bilateral ties and agreements her social insurance will be transfered to quebec as well. this doesnt help my case though because of my citizenship , I have my family living in India and I've been living abroad since I was 18, never really lived in India for more than a month during the last 13 years. Ive strong ties with china since I was working and studying in china for the past 14 years.
Here are my questions.

1. We dont own any proporties in France or India, we have adequate funds to support our stay in canada. Do you think this will have any affect on our application?

2. I've a Valid multiple entry long stay visa with authorization to work in France. Do you think i should emphasize this point since it makes my ties with France stronger than my ties to India?

3. Should I mention my family living in India for eg. my parents and my siblings ? (since spouse is considered to be the strongest tie).

4. Is it a good idea to mention my scholarship and stipend and my intention of shuttling between canada and china to continue with my PhD( I also have a valid chinese student visa ) ask for a visitor visa? I have documents to prove i.e.: admission letter, student enrollment status : student card etc.

4. Should I ask for an open work permit instead of a visitor visa and explain to the Visa officer that i will be shuttling between china and canada and I'd like to work in canada during summer and live with my wife during her summer vacations?

5. should i just request for an open work permit and explain my purpose of visit is to support my wife during her stay and I can improve my French since Montreal is bilingual and multi-cultural city this experience can enhance my career as clinical researcher and i can also contribute towards the workforce in health care industry in canada? forget about my Phd and living in china.

6. Do you guys think the above reason will be compelling enough to convince the VOA that ill leave canada once my wife finishes her studies?

Initially I wanted apply for a visitor visa and then leave back to china to continue my work on my thesis since china is affordable and i can make better money in china. But my wife wants me to accompany her and forget about the PhD.

Then I was told my application may get rejected because of my poor home ties to India as Im applying for it from a Third country.

To be honest I'd prefer to live in France than canada, better opportunities in health care in Europe and the weather is amazing .:)

Thank you.

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
Hi Shahbaaz,

Go for SOWP that would be the best for your profile . Secondly doesn’t matter where you live temporarily but you are citizen of Indian so everything has to be mentioned by you should be accurate and authentic .
For more clarity and assistance message me bro .

Thanks,
Sujeet

Oct 16, 2019
Hi Shahbaaz,

Go for SOWP that would be the best for your profile . Secondly doesn’t matter where you live temporarily but you are citizen of Indian so everything has to be mentioned by you should be accurate and authentic .
For more clarity and assistance message me bro .

Thanks,
Sujeet
Hi Sujeet,
Thank you for your reply! yes i was thinking about SOWP. do you mind if i ask a question? are you a immigration consultant or just an individual who applied for the visa?