25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
Hello everybody,

I would need your advice, although my request might sound weird since I'm only on the step of having just received the AOR. My wife and I want to have baby number 2. If everything goes fine we may get meds request within 2015 and visa in the early 2016. As we are aware that it'll be difficult to settle down the first couple of years in Canada, and that may demotivate us, we're thinking that maybe it's a better idea to plan a baby before landing to Canada.

What do you suggest, as per your experience and knowledge. Is it advisable that we plan the pregnancy of my wife after the medicals or just after receiving the visa?

We desperately need to have another baby and no matter if the child is born in our country or in Canada..

What do you guys suggest? When is it best to plan having a child?
We have just received the AOR.

Thank you in advance

optimistic candi

Jun 17, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17/2016
AOR Received.
June 07/2016
File Transfer...
Aug 2/2016
Med's Done....
sent along
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
BGC in progress on 15 December
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 25 December
albabeu said:
Hello everybody,

I would need your advice, although my request might sound weird since I'm only on the step of having just received the AOR. My wife and I want to have baby number 2. If everything goes fine we may get meds request within 2015 and visa in the early 2016. As we are aware that it'll be difficult to settle down the first couple of years in Canada, and that may demotivate us, we're thinking that maybe it's a better idea to plan a baby before landing to Canada.

What do you suggest, as per your experience and knowledge. Is it advisable that we plan the pregnancy of my wife after the medicals or just after receiving the visa?

We desperately need to have another baby and no matter if the child is born in our country or in Canada..

Thank you in advance
be informed that raising a baby as a new born in Canada can be very difficult unless the father has a good job as mother cant work as we think of.
Your medical request can't be extended because of the pregnancy.
it's totally your choice to have baby now or later. Do what your heart says.
if there is a will there is a way.

optimistic candi

Jun 17, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17/2016
AOR Received.
June 07/2016
File Transfer...
Aug 2/2016
Med's Done....
sent along
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
BGC in progress on 15 December
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 25 December
albabeu said:
Hello everybody,

Thank you in advance
also if you have your baby borne before getting PR you will have to inform the visa office and your process can be delayed

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
App Rcvd:May 8 '14
Nomination.....
DD:Jul 17 '14
AOR Received.
Line 1:Aug 10 '14
IELTS Request
PER:Aug 18 '14
File Transfer...
Line 2:Oct 16 '14
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
RPRF:Dec 2 '14
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
its ur personal decision but as u have asked to put in opinions, so here is my personal opinion. it might not be applicable to you and don't take anything personal. its just suggestion. may be something be of help to u.

if u plan ur baby b4 departure the following things can happen and effect ur application..any one, multiple or all of the following.

1. if ur wife crosses 2nd month of pregnancy b4 u receive medicals or enters into 2nd month of pregnancy then ur medicals will get delayed until ur wife completes delivery cos during pregnancy they wont do chest xrays of ur wife, other tests will be done but xrays will be delayed until she is done with delivery.

2. once delivered the vo will ask u to do the medicals of wife and new child.

3. u will have to make all the documentation of new born and pay the immigration fees.

4. it is not advised to travel with a new born to a country which is seriously cold mostly 8 months a year.....so u just cant take ur new born there at once........at least the child must be 6 months old to avoid any inconveniences.

5. ur whole application process might get delayed up to 8 months. after delivery VO will take around 2 months to send u medicals, it will take 2 months more to get done with medicals and get ppr. 1 month to prepare documents for baby like BC, passport and others, 1 month more to get pp back after submission. so this makes 6 months. but on avg minimum it becomes 8 months.

6. VO might ask u to submit updated bank statement cos with addition of new member, the limit of proof of funds will be increased and you have to show additional funds. like for 3 the funds should be 18260 cad$....for 4 it should be 22170 cad$ ....so may be you will have to increase the funds and show updated statement.

else I haven't heard anyone complaining that raising a new born in Canada is a problem.

my personal advise is.....plan ur family in Canada. not here. yes it looks hard and unrealistic but so does immigration was when u 1st planned it. so think about it, give it a thought. good luck.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
canadamylove said:
its ur personal decision but as u have asked to put in opinions, so here is my personal opinion. it might not be applicable to you and don't take anything personal. its just suggestion. may be something be of help to u.

if u plan ur baby b4 departure the following things can happen and effect ur application..any one, multiple or all of the following.

1. if ur wife crosses 2nd month of pregnancy b4 u receive medicals or enters into 2nd month of pregnancy then ur medicals will get delayed until ur wife completes delivery cos during pregnancy they wont do chest xrays of ur wife, other tests will be done but xrays will be delayed until she is done with delivery.

3. u will have to make all the documentation of new born and pay the immigration fees.

4. it is not advised to travel with a new born to a country which is seriously cold mostly 8 months a year.....so u just cant take ur new born there at once........at least the child must be 6 months old to avoid any inconveniences.

5. ur whole application process might get delayed up to 8 months. after delivery VO will take around 2 months to send u medicals, it will take 2 months more to get done with medicals and get ppr. 1 month to prepare documents for baby like BC, passport and others, 1 month more to get pp back after submission. so this makes 6 months. but on avg minimum it becomes 8 months.

6. VO might ask u to submit updated bank statement cos with addition of new member, the limit of proof of funds will be increased and you have to show additional funds. like for 3 the funds should be 18260 cad$....for 4 it should be 22170 cad$ ....so may be you will have to increase the funds and show updated statement.

else I haven't heard anyone complaining that raising a new born in Canada is a problem.

my personal advise is.....plan ur family in Canada. not here. yes it looks hard and unrealistic but so does immigration was when u 1st planned it. so think about it, give it a thought. good luck.
I second that. Very good answer. +1 and that a century for you.

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
canadamylove,
great advise. Agree with you in everything.

Albabeu, it would be wise to make life changing decisions after you're in Canada

magicaldream

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/9/14
Nomination.....
per 17th dec
File Transfer...
27th feb
Med's Request
not yet .... 2nd line was on 2nd march
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
may b waived
Passport Req..
god knows
VISA ISSUED...
god knows
LANDED..........
god knows
Listen dear b practical... Even we all want to have kids.. But this is nt da right tym... We even have lot of family pressure... But jus imagine hw will u deal with the stress.., It's good to b emotional but u also need to b rational... Rest decision is solely yrs..

NEWIN

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 June 2014
AOR Received.
29 Sept 2014
Med's Request
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
21 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
02 Feb 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
albabeu said:
Hello everybody,

Thank you in advance
Dear,

I had the same situation.

My advise is that,

If you can delay or postponed your new baby plan, it is better.

Most probably, if your medical condition is fit and if god wish you can have a baby anywhere. ( that is totally in you hand )

But we don't know when CIC change the rules . So don't miss the chance.

albabeu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
Thank you so much everybody for the advices.

Indeed, since I am aware of all the delays and headaches that might rise from the family changes, we are thinking to plan the pregnancy of my wife after we get the visa.

Of course we can just think about having a baby after landing in Canada, but I think that with all the pressure and difficulties that we're gonna face until we settle down (for at least 2-3 years) we gonna postpone it every time, so it may be very late then...

So, what we're thinking is that we can think of a baby after getting the visa, and then we'll have to face all the difficulties,, no matter how hard the time will be.

Another thing I am not clear about, and can't really find a clear information, is the financial support for the kids...

Is there any support for a new born, and also for little kids (we already have a 3 yo girl).

Thank you guys and good luck everybody

mea.hassi

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th may 2014
AOR Received.
12 sep 2014
Med's Request
13 dec 2014
Med's Done....
23 dec 2014
Passport Req..
2nd feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for passports
canadamylove said:

i agree plan ur baby there...

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
Goku said:
I second that. Very good answer. +1 and that a century for you.
sir thanks a lot for the appreciation and for completing my century :D

here +1 from my side.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
arika said:
canadamylove,
great advise. Agree with you in everything.

Albabeu, it would be wise to make life changing decisions after you're in Canada
thanks a lot dear.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
NEWIN said:
Dear,

I had the same situation.

My advise is that,

If you can delay or postponed your new baby plan, it is better.

Most probably, if your medical condition is fit and if god wish you can have a baby anywhere. ( that is totally in you hand )

But we don't know when CIC change the rules . So don't miss the chance.
yes absolutely...I second that on probability of changing CIC rules......since last 3 years they are really uncertain on changing rules.....in fact they are tightening their rules so its a good advice not to miss this chance or even don't delay for any reasons.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
albabeu said:

Indeed, since I am aware of all the delays and headaches that might rise from the family changes, we are thinking to plan the pregnancy of my wife after we get the visa.

Of course we can just think about having a baby after landing in Canada, but I think that with all the pressure and difficulties that we're gonna face until we settle down (for at least 2-3 years) we gonna postpone it every time, so it may be very late then...

So, what we're thinking is that we can think of a baby after getting the visa, and then we'll have to face all the difficulties,, no matter how hard the time will be.

Another thing I am not clear about, and can't really find a clear information, is the financial support for the kids...

Is there any support for a new born, and also for little kids (we already have a 3 yo girl).

that's great...good luck with your plans and wish u all the best for the baby.

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
albabeu said:

Look at everything closely and weigh your options. Some very good advice have been given by forumites. You are not the only family in this situation. My advice: get your PRV first ( start putting plans in place to land almost immediately after receiving your PRV). Once in Canada, it is really advisable for your wife to work for at least 3 months before she gets pregnant so that she would have worked for a year before the baby comes thereby she would be entitled to a particular amount of money ( I have forgotten the name it's been called) while on maternity leave. I wish you the best!