+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on dependent visa and visitor visa.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Need advice guys,

My situation:
I am going to get married in Jan 2017 and I am on PGWP valid till March 2018. Also looking to get in EE with CRS 442 will be 467 in Jan 2017 (has 2 yrs of work exp).
Also waiting for OINP to reopen, if OINP reopen in this month, I am going to try to apply for that before EE.
Basically, I am open for both OINP and EE, whichever send me ITA first.

Questions:
I want to bring my wife in Jan or at most in Feb, 2017. So, should I apply of visitor visa for her and after she came here I will apply for dependent visa, does that misrepresentation?
I want to bring here ASAP, and applying for dependent visa from outside takes 12-18 months.
If we go by visitor visa, should I say that she is visiting to me? Or simply not?

If I am in OINP or EE process before marriage and bring my wife on visitor visa will be a wrong?
I am confused in all this parts, please provide some guidance.

Thanks!

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
If you wife comes on a TRV, it’s on her own merit. If/when you have PR status, you can file a Spousal application, which is independent of her being here or not on a TRV.

However, depending on where you are TRV might be denied based on the obvious incentive to overstay.

It's your duty to update your application if/when you get married.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Nick~Nick said:
I want to bring my wife in Jan or at most in Feb, 2017. So, should I apply of visitor visa for her and after she came here I will apply for dependent visa, does that misrepresentation?
What do you mean by "dependent visa"?

Anyway, using a TRV as a "bridge" visa is not advised, as it is clear enough that your wife is not coming to "visit" you but to start "living" with you. This is an offense and could result in refusal of TRV, refusal f entry or extension.

Nick~Nick said:
I want to bring here ASAP, and applying for dependent visa from outside takes 12-18 months.
Again what is this "dependant visa" and what takes 12-18 months? Usually TRVs take between 1 to 3 months, with an average of 6 weeks.

Nick~Nick said:
If we go by visitor visa, should I say that she is visiting to me? Or simply not?
Consciously lying to CIC will never be recommended.

Nick~Nick said:
If I am in OINP or EE process before marriage and bring my wife on visitor visa will be a wrong?
If you are not married she is not your wife. If you enter the process without being married and then get married during the process then you will have to update your PR application.

Nick~Nick said:
I am confused in all this parts, please provide some guidance.

IMO what you would want to do is:

1. Request a SOWP, this should be simple enough to get as you are under PGWP; or
2. Get married and submit the PR application together. Attach an SOWP to the PR application; or
3. Your girlfriend should get a TRV on her own and join you in Canada.

Please get your terms right on what you want first (e.g. no such thing as visitor or dependant visa). This will clarify some of your questions.
If specific questions remain please post this in the proper subforum:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitors-b8.0/

Good luck.