+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on departing and returning to Canada as a student

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
I'm planning on going back to my home country in December 2023 and return to Canada in January 2024. My study permit, TRV, and passport expires in May 2024. However, my graduation date is April 2025. My plan is to renew my passport and study permit inside Canada in January 2024 when I return. I was just wondering if the immigration officer in the airport will make any problems out of this considering that I'm gonna be returning back to Canada with less than 6 months expiry in my passport and study permit?

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
I'm planning on going back to my home country in December 2023 and return to Canada in January 2024. My study permit, TRV, and passport expires in May 2024. However, my graduation date is April 2025. My plan is to renew my passport and study permit inside Canada in January 2024 when I return. I was just wondering if the immigration officer in the airport will make any problems out of this considering that I'm gonna be returning back to Canada with less than 6 months expiry in my passport and study permit?
As long you have a valid TRV, you will be fine.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
I entered the country in 2022 with a valid TRV and work permit with about 4 months of passport validity. Shouldn't be an issue. Carry your original study permit with you, just in case.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
If the TRV is valid you are good to go. No problem at all.

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
As long you have a valid TRV, you will be fine.
Hello Bro,
I need your help as it's an emergency I applied for study Permit and during application I used my passport that was valid for 7 months but I renewed it one month before getting ppr and send it through web form to IRCC...After getting PPR I sent my New passport for Stamping and today I got my passport but the issue is that my study permit expires after 1 month becuase of my previous passport expiry date and I am travelling on 11 January so will it create any issue?Really worried

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Bro,
I need your help as it's an emergency I applied for study Permit and during application I used my passport that was valid for 7 months but I renewed it one month before getting ppr and send it through web form to IRCC...After getting PPR I sent my New passport for Stamping and today I got my passport but the issue is that my study permit expires after 1 month becuase of my previous passport expiry date and I am travelling on 11 January so will it create any issue?Really worried
Already answered.