+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on A few things

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hello all,

So my wife finally got the E-copr about 2.5 weeks ago. Inland app, july 2020.

Her photo was rejected for the PR card first time 1 day after we submitted it and we resent a new one the next day, but there has not been any update since then, it has been 2.5 weeks now, it still says in review. Does anyone have this same issue? Also is there an office I can call to find out what is going on?

Also Is it a bad idea for her to leave the country and come back without receiving the PR card? We are planning to go in Dec/Jan, but I fear the PR card will still not have arrive. She also has an OWP if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any advice~

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

Her photo was rejected for the PR card first time 1 day after we submitted it and we resent a new one the next day, but there has not been any update since then, it has been 2.5 weeks now, it still says in review. Does anyone have this same issue? Also is there an office I can call to find out what is going on?

Also Is it a bad idea for her to leave the country and come back without receiving the PR card? We are planning to go in Dec/Jan, but I fear the PR card will still not have arrive. She also has an OWP if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any advice~
She will need either a PR card or PR Travel Document to return to Canada. Any temporary visas (like the OWP) are canceled as part of the landing process (plus the OWP is not a travel document).

If she doesn't have her PR card by then, she would need to apply for a PRTD once outside of Canada (unless she can return via the US and re-enter Canada through a land border).

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
She will need either a PR card or PR Travel Document to return to Canada. Any temporary visas (like the OWP) are canceled as part of the landing process (plus the OWP is not a travel document).

If she doesn't have her PR card by then, she would need to apply for a PRTD once outside of Canada (unless she can return via the US and re-enter Canada through a land border).
I see I see.

Would she be able to come in with just her korean passport like she did before we applied for sponsorship? we are legally married in canada since feb 2020. That was the reason they let her leave and comeback in june 2020, would the same apply even now?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see I see.

Would she be able to come in with just her korean passport like she did before we applied for sponsorship? we are legally married in canada since feb 2020. That was the reason they let her leave and comeback in june 2020, would the same apply even now?
Once she is a PR, she needs either a valid PR card or a valid PR Travel Document to board a plane and travel to Canada. So no, she won't be able to travel on just her Korean passport. When she did this previously, she had to obtain an eTA (she didn't actually travel on her passport alone). She no longer qualifies for an eTA as a PR.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hello all,

My first photo was rejected after 3 weeks and haven't heard yet about the new photo after a few days. Basically I wouldn't worry about the delay. Seems like they either do stuff on that portal right away or in 3-4 weeks

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Once she is a PR, she needs either a valid PR card or a valid PR Travel Document to board a plane and travel to Canada. So no, she won't be able to travel on just her Korean passport. When she did this previously, she had to obtain an eTA (she didn't actually travel on her passport alone). She no longer qualifies for an eTA as a PR.
I see that now, just checked her eTA and it is cancelled already. Any info on where I can contact for asking about the PR card process, and see if her application is stuck or glitched?

So the only way if we don't have PRcard or PRTD is to land in US and drive across.

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
My first photo was rejected after 3 weeks and haven't heard yet about the new photo after a few days. Basically I wouldn't worry about the delay. Seems like they either do stuff on that portal right away or in 3-4 weeks
Ok, good to know. Maybe they only work on this for like 2 or 3 days each month, sounds unbelievable but seems that way.