+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice: Filipino RN to take assessment in BC

mark021202

Nov 12, 2009
Hi! Im new to this forum and I can see that people here provide great advice to us who need help with regards to visiting/working in Canada. I would love to hear your advice on my case.

Im a Filipino, currently working as an endoscopy/GI nurse here in the Philippines. My father pushed me to apply for registration to both Saskatchewan and British Columbia. I already passed everything for assessment, and Im now waiting for SaskatchewanRNA to finish the assessment and give me both a permission to take the CRNE and a graduate nurse license. BC, on the other hand, requires me to complete the Substantially Equivalent Competenct (SEC) assessment for General/Medical Nursing. I plan on scheduling it on February so Im currently in the process of getting all my documents ready and applying for a TRV, which CRNBC requested the Visa Office to approve/provide me with.

My question is, do I have a good chance of getting employment in Canada as a Graduate Nurse, or even as an RN "if" I pass the exam, given that I have no PR/Work permit for Canada? I have good scores in IELTS, and a job offer will land me 76 points for immigration. I think my anxiety lies in the fact that I'm not so sure if there are a number of hospitals/medical institutions there who offer sponsorship...

Any help/information regarding the employment opportunities there as an IEN without PR/Work permit will be so highly appreciated.

Oh, and thanks for reading my long post! Have a nice day!