App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Dear members greetings, I apologize in advance for the big topic. I will outline my case and I would appreciate your advise.

I owned a small business in my home country that was a small workshop and our produce was traditional sweets and also had a selling point for the years 2009-2013. My partner-at that time girlfriend- had just graduated from her school of management and economy and agreed to help me with the management of the business. I hired her as assistant manager full time. I feel that the NOC that better describes her duties is NOC 0631 Assistant Manager in Food Services. The economy was getting worse year to year and we considered immigration as an option. We got accepted via IEC so I terminated my business and we both went to Canada to gain experience in skilled occupations with the goal to immigrate.

The first year in Canada we both had open work permits (working holiday), we stayed at a small city in Ontario 10000 of people population. We both had arranged jobs. I found work at a temporary worker agency and my partner had arranged work at her aunt's restaurant as an assistant manager. She never signed a contract because it wasn't mandatory and she was paid weekly. She was in the books and everything. A few months later, I got hired at a factory in manufacturing field as a welder permanent job full-time and my partner continued her job at her aunt's restaurant where she occasionally performed duties as a waitress too (when sb was sick or on leave). I got accepted for second time via IEC (young professionals 2014) and my partner received open work permit as spouce of a work permit holder. I reached a year of continuous paid work in skilled occupation and decided to apply through Canadian experience class in November 2014 but got declined because they reached their cap and immigration advised me to apply through Express Entry. My EE profile had 290 points. It was very low. My partner on the other hand owns a bachelor degree and has better skills in English than me so we decided to change route and apply to Express Entry with her as the principal applicant. She received 453 points and waited.

I should mention that my work opened new plant in Europe and offered me a permanent full time job there. My partner and I are both European Union citizens and decided to go with it because we had no news from EE and our work permits would expire at the end of September 2015 plus we experienced culture shock and missed our families. It would be easier to travel back and forth to our home country. Anyway, I started work mid September in my new job in a European Union Country but it was nothing like they told me and I want to go back to my old job in Canada. My company told me they wouldn't pursuit an LMIA approval so the only chance for me to return is if we get accepted in EE and take permanent residency.

Three days ago my partner received a letter that informed her that she is eligible to apply for the human capital stream in OINP.
My questions are the following:

A)Do you think there is a problem proving my partner's work experience? Working in my company and later on working at her aunt's restaurant? Does it mind that she worked with family? I will write reference letter and her aunt offered to write one and will be accompanied with T4s

B)Should she pursuit a provincial acceptance from Ontario or just stay in EE pool and wait?

C) She wants to continue her studies in Ontario. Should she apply for study permit before any results of the EE?

D) Is it true that Trudeau government will change immigration law and will recognize time as student in application for citinzenship?

Dimitris

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Any advice guys it is going to be very helpful.

JJ777

Nov 13, 2015
Dimitris said:
Any advice guys it is going to be very helpful.
I was self employed for a number of years and wrote a reference letter for myself which was accepted. So I don't see the issue of her aunt writing a reference letter, as long as it is honest (in a reference letter you don't write down any type of relationship).

Currently looking at the scores of recent draws, they are staying in the high 400s with a lot of PNPs being given out. So not sure how long it will be for score to drop mid 450s. Personally I would the the PNP offer and get on with the process of moving instead of waiting around.

Hope that has helped a little.

Dimitris

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate that as I try to contact immigration office via phone and I just can't catch a break so I didn't know what to do. Could you please tell me your opinion on the following too... In order to show tights with Ontario we will use my partners' family relationship with her aunt and we will provide her passport and proof of her relationship with her. Does that contradict with the reference letter? Do you think it might be a problem that she was paid minimum wage for her duties?

JJ777

Nov 13, 2015
Dimitris said:
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate that as I try to contact immigration office via phone and I just can't catch a break so I didn't know what to do. Could you please tell me your opinion on the following too... In order to show tights with Ontario we will use my partners' family relationship with her aunt and we will provide her passport and proof of her relationship with her. Does that contradict with the reference letter? Do you think it might be a problem that she was paid minimum wage for her duties?
Providing the bio page of her aunts passport should be sufficient.
I am not an expert in the matter, but I can not see it being an issue that your wife has been working in a family business as that occurs quite a lot.The main is not to make false statements to "look better on paper".
As for the minimum wage, it is something I have no knowledge of. Hopefully another member may be able to provide some answers.