+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice: Add My Just Married Spouse to Application or Wait

logitechcam

Feb 22, 2011
Hi there,

I sumbmited my PNP application in June 2010, and got Provincial approval in August 2010. Currently, my application is at Buffalo and waitting for the next move. The thing is, I got married last month, if i want to add my spouse to the the application, is this going to slow my processing time? Should i wait to get my PR done first?

Thanks

Log

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
logitechcam said:
Hi there,

I sumbmited my PNP application in June 2010, and got Provincial approval in August 2010. Currently, my application is at Buffalo and waitting for the next move. The thing is, I got married last month, if i want to add my spouse to the the application, is this going to slow my processing time? Should i wait to get my PR done first?

Thanks

Log
It may slow your processing by a couple of months but you MUST add her before you become a PR. I'm assuming she is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident already. If she is, you don't have to do anything but send copies of the marriage certificate and PR card or Canadian passport. If she is not, you must revise your application for PR and additional family information form and she must complete the Schedule 1, Additional Family Information form, provide copy of your marriage certificate (in English or French), copy of her passport ID page, copy of her birth certificate and an original police certificate as well as the additional $550 PR application fee. If you don't do this and land as a PR, you will be misrepresenting yourself because they will ASK if there has been any change to your status and you will never be able to sponsor her.

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
Hi:
If marital status gets changed during the processing of PNP PR application after medical is done.
Is this better to add spouse in the application as accompanying or non-accompanying? How long PR application will be delayed due to this?

Thank You

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DesiMike said:
Hi:
If marital status gets changed during the processing of PNP PR application after medical is done.
Is this better to add spouse in the application as accompanying or non-accompanying? How long PR application will be delayed due to this?

Thank You
You MUST add your spouse. There is no choice in the matter. And processing time won't change whether they are accompanying or not. Delay would probably be a couple of months.

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
Hello rjessome,
Thank you for prompt reply.
I have one more question. Do we need to submit following form in order to add spouse to the PR application?
-IMM 5490 (Sponsored Spouse Partner Questionnaire): Spouse/Common-law Questionnaire

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DesiMike said:
Hello rjessome,
Thank you for prompt reply.
I have one more question. Do we need to submit following form in order to add spouse to the PR application?
-IMM 5490 (Sponsored Spouse Partner Questionnaire): Spouse/Common-law Questionnaire
No. This is the economic class, not family class. You do a revised IMM 0008 and IMM 5406E. She does a IMM 5669 and IMM 5406E. You also submit a copy of the marriage certificate and your wife's police certificates. Submit them together as soon as possible if medical has already been done. Make sure you include a cover letter explaining that you are married and would like to add your wife you to application.

janwar

Jan 26, 2012
Background:
I am currently working in Nova Scotia and Nominated by the province for the immigration under International Graduate Provincial Nominee stream. I completed my medical in August 2011. I got married the same year, added my wife to my application in December 2011 waiting for her medical now. My wife is currently here on a visitor visa. My PGWP expires in few months and I am currently in process of renewing my work permit with a letter of support from the province. I am also planning on doing application for my wife's open work permit with my renewal application.

questions:
1) How long does it general take them to request wife's medical? Is it possible for me to get her medical done before Buffalo requests, If yes what forms I would need?
2) Is it a good idea for me to apply for my wife's work permit at the same time? Share any experiences.

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.

Arora17

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
Med's Request
21-09-2011
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
rjessome said:
No. This is the economic class, not family class. You do a revised IMM 0008 and IMM 5406E. She does a IMM 5669 and IMM 5406E. You also submit a copy of the marriage certificate and your wife's police certificates. Submit them together as soon as possible if medical has already been done. Make sure you include a cover letter explaining that you are married and would like to add your wife you to application.
Hey Just wondering if your file is finalized already?
When did u get a medical request for ur spouse and what office is/was ur file in?
Thanks

gp11

Apr 2, 2013
I want to apply for a Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee Program.I was nominated by the Saskatchewan(SINP) in January.But i did not send my file to CIC office at Sydney, Nova Scotia. Then i went to India for my marriage.Now I am back to Canada and wants to apply for my Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee Program. What to do in this situation? Do i have to add my wife's name in it as a dependent? Do i have to fill seperate forms of her with separate file or put all the forms & documents of both together? What kind of forms do i have to fill? Please guide me in this matter.
Thank You.

Jayweng

Jul 23, 2014
Re: Need Advice: Imigration overlooked my application for HUSBAND on my PR app

I have to re send my PR application to verify that I included my husband when I applied last 2012. Doe it will delayed my on current PR application processing?

Sonia@93

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hi
I am April 2018 pnp nominee . My medical was done this April 2019 . After that I added my spouse. Everything is done. But my file status is not going further.

Manjotsingh6943

Feb 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Interview........
waiver
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2016
LANDED..........
soon :)
Hi
I am April 2018 pnp nominee . My medical was done this April 2019 . After that I added my spouse. Everything is done. But my file status is not going further.
I think they transferred your file to your local visa office in your province because of added dependent afterwords. Please call cic that where they are processing your file. If they transfer to your local office then wait time is longer.