+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice about getting my visa to canada

Jan 11, 2013
hey,

i need help in understanding the process to go to Canada.
my grandad (my dads, dad) is born Canadian was raised in England once he was a little boy. i have also got distant family members living in Canada (my grandad side of the family)
would this information help with getting a residence visa as i would love to live over there.

any help would be much appreciated :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Hi
It all depends on where you are from. I am not too sure if you are able to be sponsored by one of your grandparents, but the possibility is definitely there. it may take a very long time however, so I would e-mail CIC or call them to verify if it is true. I know it will though, as my partners grandparent is from Scotland and he's entitled to a UK passport and one of my friends obtained an Italian passport because her grandparent were from Italy.. but I would call CIC if I were you.

saqi244

Dec 16, 2011
Hi,

can Pakistani student holding student visitor visa file his visa application for study permit from uk during his stay in the uk? Or he has to come back to his home country to apply for Canada? Kindly let me know. He had been also living in the uk on tier4 for 18 months.

Thanks in advance for your swift reply.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ImagineEdwards said:
hey,

i need help in understanding the process to go to Canada.
my grandad (my dads, dad) is born Canadian was raised in England once he was a little boy. i have also got distant family members living in Canada (my grandad side of the family)
would this information help with getting a residence visa as i would love to live over there.

any help would be much appreciated :)
If they live in SK or MB, they can help you get residence through the PNP program, but you'll need a job offer first. Other than that "distant" family cannot sponsor a relative under any circumstance.

You can also check to see if you can apply for citizenship, although depending on your year of birth, it would be dubious at best. There's a little self quiz on this page near the bottom. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/index.asp

Depending on your country of origin, you could also look at the IEC/Working Holiday Visa program.