+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need a return flight ticket for super visa in Canada

ajhong2

Feb 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am trying to apply my mom's super visa in Canada(visa extension with super visa application with document to AB). She is already here with visitor visa.

I have some question for super visa.

1. It is multiple entry visa, so it means my mom can go and back to her residence country or another country freely within the expire date of super visa.
Is it right?

2. If the question is possible, do she has to have or show return flight ticket when she comes back to Canada? it is little bit complicated to explain.
For example, if she wants to go to her country for 1 or 2 months, she will buy 2 way flight ticket. Thus, when she comes back to Canada, she does not have any return flight ticket bucause she already used her flight ticket for both way.
I am wondering if the officer in airport usually ask the return flight ticket or not?

I really want to get any response from you guys.
Thank you so much in advance.

emdeliops

Jun 28, 2016
1. yes, its a multiple entry visa
2. i just talked to an officer in cic call center and was told that they do not require a return ticket as they expect a person with super visa would stay long in canada and a lot can happen

my brief history why i am in your thread
my mom jut got her super visa and was trying to purchase a one way ticket to canada but they were saying as visitor we needed to purchase return ticket