+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need a Detailed process and requirement to get PR

Oficky

Nov 22, 2017
Hello people.
Please I need a detailed requirement and process of getting Express entry/permanent residency into Canada. I am new in this group since i just begun my exploit into moving to Canada for greener pasture. I have 7 years working experiences in different fields but have chosen a career in Oil and gas as a gas compression plant operator with a little more than two years experience. I have a wife who is a first grader teacher with a nine months old daughter.

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
to answer you - we need more info:
are you already in Canada?
how old are you?
what is your english level?
what province are you in or planning to get in?

I would suggest you to start from Express entry calculator and find out if you eligible for EE

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just so you know teacher's at Canadian public schools usually have to attend a Canadian teacher's college in order to teach. You may be able to teach at a private school but they prefer that teacher's attend teacher's college which is a master's program in Canada. I would do further research. It may also be quite difficult to find a job in the oil and gas field. There has been major layoffs in the industry for the past 5 years. If you qualify for PR please do some research to make sure you'll be able to find the career opportunities you are looking for.

Oficky

Nov 22, 2017
to answer you - we need more info:
are you already in Canada?
how old are you?
what is your english level?
what province are you in or planning to get in?

I would suggest you to start from Express entry calculator and find out if you eligible for EE
Thank you for your response.
I am not in Canada. I am in Nigeria. I am 34 years old. My English level can be said to be good(I once wrote IELTS and scored 6, though that was like 3 years ago). I dont have any preferred province for now. I would need more information.

Reactions: AlexandraO

Oficky

Nov 22, 2017
Just so you know teacher's at Canadian public schools usually have to attend a Canadian teacher's college in order to teach. You may be able to teach at a private school but they prefer that teacher's attend teacher's college which is a master's program in Canada. I would do further research. It may also be quite difficult to find a job in the oil and gas field. There has been major layoffs in the industry for the past 5 years. If you qualify for PR please do some research to make sure you'll be able to find the career opportunities you are looking for.
Thanks for the advice/information.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Thank you for your response.
I am not in Canada. I am in Nigeria. I am 34 years old. My English level can be said to be good(I once wrote IELTS and scored 6, though that was like 3 years ago). I dont have any preferred province for now. I would need more information.
we were almost at the same boat - it looks like you will not have enough points for express entry because of the age - after 30 years old they start decrease points for every year and because of not very high english, so two other options:
1. find the job in Canada and ask them to make you work permit - not sure how realistic it is
2. one of you come as student another will receive open work permit - very realistic as soon as you have enough money at least for first semester before you find the job

still just in case check out your case through calculator
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

whether you have chances for Express entry PR - if your score at least a little bit more than 400 you have chance - if less, not great chances

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
we were almost at the same boat - it looks like you will not have enough points for express entry because of the age - after 30 years old they start decrease points for every year and because of not very high english, so two other options:
1. find the job in Canada and ask them to make you work permit - not sure how realistic it is
2. one of you come as student another will receive open work permit - very realistic as soon as you have enough money at least for first semester before you find the job

still just in case check out your case through calculator
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

whether you have chances for Express entry PR - if your score at least a little bit more than 400 you have chance - if less, not great chances
1. Next to impossible to do. Employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA and most employers aren't willing to go through the effort / expense.
2. Best option is to take at least a 2 year program so that a person qualifies for a 3 year PGWP