+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Necessary to submit education docs for Visa???

adityakulkarni1990

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hi All,

Is it necessary to submit educational documents as letter of explanation for online study Visa application??? I haven't uploaded these docs in CIC website since its not mandatory. I have paid visa fees now. Please help.

dino_choc

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Technically, you have submitted what was asked. However, it's mentioned in the Study Permit Guide that you need to submit previous Mark sheets while submitting paper based applications. Now, it's not clear it holds same for Online applications. So, just wait and watch. If they need further documentation they change the status to additional docs required. And, then you can upload them.

lauryb26

Jan 30, 2013
Wolfpmd3 said:
not at all.... just stick to what you are asked for....
Please can you help me with all the requerired docs to need to apply online for a studente visa. I am very confused as some people send academic records, payment of tuition, ielts etc etc but none of those are required when you fill tje online application

debrupdutta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
lauryb26 said:
Please can you help me with all the requerired docs to need to apply online for a studente visa. I am very confused as some people send academic records, payment of tuition, ielts etc etc but none of those are required when you fill tje online application

please specify about which type of document(visa app. forms, financial proof, medical, etc) you want to know and I guess this forum can help...

I had recently applied all by myself and I can share that info with you... applied on 12th June..received a passport request on 16th June. :) .. so I guess
I made the correct choices when submitting the documents.. ::) ::) .... please write in here ..and we/I can reply...

lauryb26

Jan 30, 2013
debrupdutta said:
please specify about which type of document(visa app. forms, financial proof, medical, etc) you want to know and I guess this forum can help...

I had recently applied all by myself and I can share that info with you... applied on 12th June..received a passport request on 16th June. :) .. so I guess
I made the correct choices when submitting the documents.. ::) ::) .... please write in here ..and we/I can reply...
Thanks in advance for your help:

My application contains:

Proof of finacial support ( bank statement) and letter from my sponsor.
LOA and payment of one year tuition
SOP and Recommendation letters of employer and volunteer work related to the program I want to study
forms, passport, marriage certificate.

do I need something else? Please advise me as my first attemp was rejected due to lack of proof of work related.

debrupdutta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
lauryb26 said:
Thanks in advance for your help:

My application contains:

Proof of finacial support ( bank statement) and letter from my sponsor.
LOA and payment of one year tuition
SOP and Recommendation letters of employer and volunteer work related to the program I want to study
forms, passport, marriage certificate.

do I need something else? Please advise me as my first attemp was rejected due to lack of proof of work related.

I am extremely sorry..I have no idea about how/what to produce for work related documents.. i have no job experience..m a student who is going for master after completing my bachelors... m pretty sure someone will soon step in here and help you..why dont you try to talk and take advice from vfs centre at your place??? they will provide you the best assistance if your case is genuine... go and talk...do not rely on others as time is very short now if you are going for sept classes...

p.s. list of documents i had submitted:-

1>IMM 1294... (student visa application form)
2>IMM 5645... (family info)
3>Letter of Acceptance
4>Passport
5>Photo
6>Financial Proof (note: your tuition fees comes under financial proof itself)
7>Medical Certificate (done in advance)

NOW UNDER OPTIONAL:

8>IMM 5257 (temporary resident visa)
9>Letter of Explanation (I also attached my bachelor's degree certificate, toefl score card and CV along with the letter of Explanation word file under this section.. they are not mandatory.. I just thought of submitting them all to be on a safer side)

lauryb26

Jan 30, 2013
debrupdutta said:
I am extremely sorry..I have no idea about how/what to produce for work related documents.. i have no job experience..m a student who is going for master after completing my bachelors... m pretty sure someone will soon step in here and help you..why dont you try to talk and take advice from vfs centre at your place??? they will provide you the best assistance if your case is genuine... go and talk...do not rely on others as time is very short now if you are going for sept classes...

p.s. list of documents i had submitted:-

3>Letter of Acceptance
4>Passport
5>Photo

NOW UNDER OPTIONAL:

9>Letter of Explanation (I also attached my bachelor's degree certificate, toefl score card and CV along with the letter of Explanation word file under this section.. they are not mandatory.. I just thought of submitting them all to be on a safer side)
Thanks for your help anyway. We dont have vfs centre at my country as we are visitor visa exempt country.

adityakulkarni1990

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Thanks all for the information. I have received mail from CIC to submit original passport so I hope my application has reached final decision without educational documents. I will keep you all posted the updates.

dino_choc

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Thanks all for the information. I have received mail from CIC to submit original passport so I hope my application has reached final decision without educational documents. I will keep you all posted the updates.
Can you please share your profile and let me know which docs you submitted for Proof of financial support? Also, did you submit your IELTS score and SOP?

SUMIT1075

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2015
File Transfer...
23/06/2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2015
LANDED..........
soon
aditya @ frm which country u r

adityakulkarni1990

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
I am from India

I am going to pursue MBA+MSc from VIU.

For financial documents, I have submitted gic, ITR of all family members. Show your liquid cash plus lic(maturity amount)fd etc etc figure in CAD on application form. Don't submit the proof.

Tuition for 1st sem is paid.

I have not uploaded sop, ielts score but I strongly suggest you to submit it along with all else marksheets, degree certificate etc.

Case may vary by visa officer.

debrupdutta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
got my visa(student) approved today... :) :) :) ... I am writing the list of documents i had submitted (again):-

3>Letter of Acceptance
4>Passport
5>Photo

NOW UNDER OPTIONAL: