NDVO interview experience December 2017

Jasse

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
British Columbia, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-Jan-2017 Originally filed April 2015 but after receiving notes we had to withdraw and submit again :(
Doc's Request.
Feb 1 2017 uploaded schedule A
AOR Received.
11-Jan-2017 AOR2 11-Apr-2017
File Transfer...
01-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
Medicals received
Interview........
13-11-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
Hello! On October 9, 2017 we received an interview request via email. In the summer I ordered notes and found out we were in queue May 2017.

Less then a month before the interview letter I was dealing with the unexpected death of my mom. I decided to go to india to be with my husband while I grieve. The letter said to accompany your spouse if you are in india or be available to talk on the phone if you are in Canada at the time of the interview.

We had to submit any type of technology before entering. I took a picture of my mom with my husband and I on our wedding day. Our interview time was 10:30am, we were actually late by 15minutes!!! I was so scared they would turn us away for being late but all was good, it seems lots of couples had the same time. We waited for about half an hour. They officer was an english lady with a European accent. She was so sweet and friendly. She asked my husband if he needed an interpreter, but my husband said no. She spoke to my husband first for about 25minutes, when he came out he gave me big smile and a thumbs up and I gave a big sigh of relief. Then she talked to me for about 15minutes. She basically went over the same questions she asked my husband. She only focused on our relationship. The first thing she asked was about the wonderful relative that set us up. She asked me how everything started with us. Then she continued to ask about how our relationship progressed. It was all very comfortable. I was emotional when I spoke about my mom. The officer was so kind, she recommended a book for me to read to help with my grieving. She told me our pictures were loving and we looked like a cute couple. She said she could see we were genuine when she saw our pictures but our file was a bit complicated so they had to schedule the interview.

We had actually submitted our application twice. The first time we found out that my husband had applied for a visitors visa to Canada in 2013 and it was refused. An agent filled out this application without my husbands knowledge! When we found out we consulted with a lawyer who told us to withdraw and submit again. I asked the officer and she told me we could have just sent a letter to immigration at that time explaining what had happened, withdrawing and submitting again took us another year, we waisted a lot of time.

at the end of my interview, the officer asked me to call my husband back into the room. She said we passed and that we were able to prove that we are a genuine couple :) She said my husbands medical expired so we would have to do that again and we should hear something within a few weeks regarding our visa :)

It was a great experience!

Reactions: konaath