+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBPNP: New Brunswick nominees 2016/2017 let's discuss where in NB you will settl

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
Hello New Brunswick nominees
The purpose of the topic to share ideas before we land and settle in New Brunswick; doing so will help all of us.
  • Where in New Brunswick are you planning to settle?
  • How did you make your choice
  • How are you planning to land
  • any recommendation when to come to temp accommodation

Please share your thoughts.

Alwin KJ

Aug 15, 2012
Hi Pascal,

Our intention is to settle either in Fredricton or Saint John as I have to consider Universities and Schools for my children. Also chances for jobs.Planning to settle in year's time. Have you decided on settling there?

Regards,

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
Alwin KJ said:
Hi Pascal,

Our intention is to settle either in Fredricton or Saint John as I have to consider Universities and Schools for my children. Also chances for jobs.Planning to settle in year's time. Have you decided on settling there?

Regards,

Hi Alwin, Thanks for your reply. After many consideration, I have decided to settle in Moncton. Being Lebanese, we feel it is the closest to our culture considering school system as well. Also my wife and I could easily find jobs there.
I will rent a place and try if not I might move to Fredericton as well

gr-ind

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Doha
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Pascal.H said:
Hello New Brunswick nominees
The purpose of the topic to share ideas before we land and settle in New Brunswick; doing so will help all of us.

Please share your thoughts.
Hi Pascal,

I've actually not come to this phase. Taking things as it comes, after the damage of waiting for nomination after 224 days.
However, would love to get inputs.

Waiting for CIC Invitation.

Regarding settling down - guess I will start looking for better job opportunity initially, as school for kids is not an issue in any part of NB. And moreover for me, I will have a 'grace' 1 year to put my kid in school. So, hopefully I will figure out.

gr-ind

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Doha
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Pascal,

Another question. Are you planning your move on, When to move? As most of them prefer moving during Spring.
As moving in December is like going from any better to -8°C. I know we have to adapt, but first move guess will matter.

Any thoughts.

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
gr-ind said:
Pascal,

Another question. Are you planning your move on, When to move? As most of them prefer moving during Spring.
As moving in December is like going from any better to -8°C. I know we have to adapt, but first move guess will matter.

Any thoughts.

Hi Gr-ind,

if things went as planned I will go in end of July. I am not coming back. i.e I will move out of UAE completely. I started looking for places to rent

Feb 16, 2017
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-07-2016
Nomination.....
24-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-03-2017
Hi! I received my nomination on January/2017 and ITA from EE in the next day.

We are planning to settle in Moncton, having Fredericton as a second option.

After some research I've found more job opportunities for my professional profile in Moncton, followed close by Fredericton, but we have friends in Sydney (NS) and Halifax, that puts Moncton closer to those friends.
We also would like to live in a city no so hilly as our home city.

How or when? ???
We are planning to land hopefully in August/2017.

We are in connection with some friends to rent a bedroom for the first month, so we will have more time to search for a good place to rent.

[/list]

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
  • Mantabodyboarder said:
    Hi! I received my nomination on January/2017 and ITA from EE in the next day.

We are planning to settle in Moncton, having Fredericton as a second option.

After some research I've found more job opportunities for my professional profile in Moncton, followed close by Fredericton, but we have friends in Sydney (NS) and Halifax, that puts Moncton closer to those friends.
    We also would like to live in a city no so hilly as our home city.

How or when? ???
    We are planning to land hopefully in August/2017.

We are in connection with some friends to rent a bedroom for the first month, so we will have more time to search for a good place to rent.

Thanks for sharing your plans :) you are going to land almost in the same time as me.. see u there

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

how much time we have after we recieve the passports with visa to land for the first time?
Also how many days/years we need to be there to get the citizenship?

i am in UAE at the moment, visited Frederiction once, lovely place to live, peaceful, small airport ( no direct flights ) but just curious after visa, how long i can still stay in UAE? Can i stay for 1 or 2 years in UAE still?

sasha2014

Jul 20, 2014
Hi pascal

Nice initiative to connect here .

We are planning to do the landing in October and then decide the move in date . However depends on the cic time frame.

Moncton , Fred are our options too , will need to check out during our landing.

Moncton seems to be having some strategy to settle new immigrants. Saw some presentations

Sam

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
sasha2014 said:
Hi pascal

Nice initiative to connect here .

We are planning to do the landing in October and then decide the move in date . However depends on the cic time frame.

Moncton , Fred are our options too , will need to check out during our landing.

Moncton seems to be having some strategy to settle new immigrants. Saw some presentations

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for taking time to reply. May I know where did you see the presentation? I have seen some videos on YouTube, but they are old.

Alwin KJ

Aug 15, 2012
Hi Pascal,

As of now, our intended destination is Fredericton; but then it all depends on where we get the opportunity. Even if I move immediately, my wife and children will have to remain in UAE till my daughters complete their Academic year in August. I believe NB also follows the same Academic time period as same of the UK curriculum in UAE.

I heard from a friend of mine, there are many opportunities in NB, I do not know whether its true. According to this friend of mine, all new immigrants target Ontario, nobody prefers to come to NB. It's really a quite and beautiful place, especially, people like us will definitely like, since here we are now in the mid of concrete jungle.After visiting my cousin in Redditch-Birmingham last year, I am completely in love with nature. :D :D

He said if you are looking for night life like Discos, night clubs etc, then NB is not the place. Otherwise, you will like it.

Regards,

Regards,

sasha2014

Jul 20, 2014
Pascal.H said:
Hi Sam,

Thanks for taking time to reply. May I know where did you see the presentation? I have seen some videos on YouTube, but they are old.

Hi Pascal
I had seen a strategy 2015 presentation by city of greater moncton and I was sort of impressed . They seem to be thinking how to retain immigrants and help them settle. It's important for their economy as many of the young folks are moving to big cities. I will search for the link and post it

Sam

sasha2014

Jul 20, 2014
Alwin KJ said:
Hi Pascal,

As of now, our intended destination is Fredericton; but then it all depends on where we get the opportunity. Even if I move immediately, my wife and children will have to remain in UAE till my daughters complete their Academic year in August. I believe NB also follows the same Academic time period as same of the UK curriculum in UAE.

I heard from a friend of mine, there are many opportunities in NB, I do not know whether its true. According to this friend of mine, all new immigrants target Ontario, nobody prefers to come to NB. It's really a quite and beautiful place, especially, people like us will definitely like, since here we are now in the mid of concrete jungle.After visiting my cousin in Redditch-Birmingham last year, I am completely in love with nature. :D :D

He said if you are looking for night life like Discos, night clubs etc, then NB is not the place. Otherwise, you will like it.

Regards,

Regards,
I have read the same things . Toronto and Vancouver are crowded by immigrants and therefore a shrink of opportunities too. I personally feel , leaving the winter chill , there is a higher probability of setting their earlier and off course add the beauty of nature

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
Alwin KJ said:
Hi Pascal,

Regards,

Regards,

Thanks for your post. We had our share of night life, now I am focusing on raising my children :) being in a quite place is where I want to be