+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBI Clearance from Philippines

JeanA

Sep 19, 2019
Hello everyone.

Need advice regarding my NBI Clearance. I authorized my brother to get my NBI certificate in the Philippines cause I won’t be able to do it since I’m here in Canada. Luckily, he got it after a week and sent it to me. That’s the last requirement I need actually. After gathering all the documents, I uploaded them and submit them to cic. After 2 weeks, I got a letter from them that I need to re-send my NBI clearance because the one that I provided is cut off. What does that mean? I need to scan like the whole thing, NBI clearance original copy and personal copy? I also noticed that my thumbprint and signature wasn’t there. What should I do? :(

markreyes1283

Oct 4, 2019
Hi Jean,

It just means that you did not scan the whole document that's why CIC received a cut-off copy. Just re-scan the NBI clearance and make sure all the information is shown.

ange1o

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi all. The NBI clearance form is confusing for married women. It asks for family name and husband's surname. Not sure what to put in the surname box. Whether the married surname or the maiden last name.