+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NB PNP - Remote Job

1rainman

Mar 4, 2022
Hi Everyone! I hope everyone's well.
May I ask for your thoughts on my situation, please?

I got my PR under NB PNP Express Entry.
I accepted a job offer for a remote position, we have a facility in NB, but my job as IT Analyst is not directly involved in the operations of that facility. Although indirectly, we also support the operations of this facility.

My Job Offer explicitly says I will be working remotely from a home office in New Brunswick and that I will be covered by NB Employment laws. There's no mention of any other Canadian provinces. Actually that is my only demand from the company, I have to work in NB or else I will not accept the offer.
I am currently residing in NB, working form home, and trying to put down roots here. I have every intention to stay here for a very long time.

Now in my T4, it says that the province of employment is Ontario, apparently, that's where my payroll comes from.

I will be filing my taxes and declaring that I live in NB, do you think the province of employment will bring me problems with my NB PNP? I am already a PR. Thank you very much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone! I hope everyone's well.
May I ask for your thoughts on my situation, please?

I got my PR under NB PNP Express Entry.
I accepted a job offer for a remote position, we have a facility in NB, but my job as IT Analyst is not directly involved in the operations of that facility. Although indirectly, we also support the operations of this facility.

My Job Offer explicitly says I will be working remotely from a home office in New Brunswick and that I will be covered by NB Employment laws. There's no mention of any other Canadian provinces. Actually that is my only demand from the company, I have to work in NB or else I will not accept the offer.
I am currently residing in NB, working form home, and trying to put down roots here. I have every intention to stay here for a very long time.

Now in my T4, it says that the province of employment is Ontario, apparently, that's where my payroll comes from.

I will be filing my taxes and declaring that I live in NB, do you think the province of employment will bring me problems with my NB PNP? I am already a PR. Thank you very much.
You are already a PR. There won't be an issue.