+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Naturalized canadian (with naturalized parents) seeking CDN citizenship for US-born kids

seattlemom

Jan 27, 2020
What are my chances for successfully applying for Canadian citizenship for my US-born (American citizenship) kids if I was naturalized Canadian (and was born myself of naturalized Canadian citizens)?

The biological father of the kids is American and consents to the application.

Would love thoughts and pointers to relevant content. Thanks!

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Or if your kids were born before your naturalization, then you need to apply for the permanent residency for your kids if they haven’t got that yet. Once they get the PR status and IF the children are still minor under 18 and not married, then you can apply for citizenship for them.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What are my chances for successfully applying for Canadian citizenship for my US-born (American citizenship) kids if I was naturalized Canadian (and was born myself of naturalized Canadian citizens)?

The biological father of the kids is American and consents to the application.

Would love thoughts and pointers to relevant content. Thanks!
Clarify. Were you naturalized in Canada or were you born to parents who were already naturalized Canadians? You can't be both. In the first case, you would have been a PR first and then become Canadian, probably at the same time as your parents. In the second case, you would have been born a Canadian; if born outside of Canada, you are a Canadian by descent.