+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
NNAS asked me to submit a clarification letter from my college.
In the education form I didn't find a column to enter my college academic years and so I entered the staring date and completion date in a dd- mm- yyyy format.
Now they asked my college to write a letter proving the accurate academic years.

I applied for NNAS in November 2017 and it's almost 6 months...
Anyone has the same experience?
And how much time will it take to get the advisory report?
Really depressed with their process...
This is a problem that almost everyone has. NNAS takes forever and blames it on the applicant, and then they turn around and say it only takes them a few months to do the Advisory Report. Not true! Once your documents are all received and your file is ready for review it could be anywhere from 3-8 months, but most likely about 5 months. They are very slow and don't have the staff to do the assessments, since they have so many to review. And, they are not nurses who review the file. They are American, non-nurses, who are assessing how close your nursing education is to a Canadian nursing education (notice how you send all documents to Philadelphia in the USA?
It's a terrible process--you aren't alone.

Please send a complaint to the Office of the Fairness Commissioner in Ontario, or the equivalent in the province you would like to work in as a nurse.

Reactions: Winter Rose

rnaquino05

May 12, 2018
When did you send in the final documents that they requested? And, when did your status change to "ready for review"? (is this different from "ready for evaluation"?)
I paid my fee in January, sent it in February and they received on March 19th. As soon as you open your application it says in every section 'Meets requirements' before it was 'Ready for evaluation' for 6 months.
When my status changed to 'Meets requirements' the main status changed to 'Ready for review'.
I called them and they said by June 20 I should have a report. Let's see.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I paid my fee in January, sent it in February and they received on March 19th. As soon as you open your application it says in every section 'Meets requirements' before it was 'Ready for evaluation' for 6 months.
When my status changed to 'Meets requirements' the main status changed to 'Ready for review'.
I called them and they said by June 20 I should have a report. Let's see.
Please let us know if you do have it by June 20. I would be very surprised if you do, but let's see.

jj.voyageurs

Feb 6, 2018
Hi all, I recently got enrolled at McEwan university in Alberta to do online courses in order to obtain my temporary permit from CARNA but I need to do lab the part of it in August in Canada currently I'm. In U.K my question is the university do not provide acceptance letters how best do I obtain a student permit as there is also one more course I need to do but it starts in Fall without acceptance letters?
Hi Mitch

Can you please share what you saw in your online CARNA profile when you passed OSCE? Did it say “IEN Assessment Application Approved”?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello, do they normally send the OSCE report by mail? Or email?
In Ontario, Touchstone won't tell you your score. You have to wait until CNO sends you a letter and if you passed, it will say in the list of requirements that you have met the education requirement.

jj.voyageurs

Feb 6, 2018
In Ontario, Touchstone won't tell you your score. You have to wait until CNO sends you a letter and if you passed, it will say in the list of requirements that you have met the education requirement.
Will CNO send an email version of the report as well?

jj.voyageurs

Feb 6, 2018
I am with Alberta/CARNA and our online platform is different. Hoping to find someone who can share what shows in their profile when they passed OSCE.

Adenike2018

May 18, 2018
In Nigeria. 5yrs bsc and RN
Hi, I am from Nigeria too but presently in Canada. I just submitted my application this week. But I do not know how to send the nursing registration form to nursing council. Please kindly let me know how you did your and how long it took to get it sent to NNAS. Thank you.

Adenike2018

May 18, 2018
Hi, I am from nigeria but presently in Canada. I submitted my NNAS application this week. I am yet to send any form or information to them, going through peoples experience on here it is so discouraging. I am so confused weather to go ahead and continue my application or to just forfeit my 650 USD and go enrol I’m a Bachelor degree in Nursing because I have only RPN with 10months experience.

Please kindly state your honest opinions!

D.J.

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello,
As I mention before I got my NNAS report "non comparable". I applied to CNO and after almost 1.5 month i received email that they have my application. I called CNO and asked about update they said they do not have any time frame. yesterday i got e-mail for jurisprudence exam but i didn't received any letter from CNO , So I just wonder that what will be the next step in order to get my registration. CNO will ask me for any other documents ? or thats all they needed. Do I need to wright OCSE any course.

And about jurisprudence any one have any Idea about exam.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi, I am from nigeria but presently in Canada. I submitted my NNAS application this week. I am yet to send any form or information to them, going through peoples experience on here it is so discouraging. I am so confused weather to go ahead and continue my application or to just forfeit my 650 USD and go enrol I’m a Bachelor degree in Nursing because I have only RPN with 10months experience.

Please kindly state your honest opinions!
If you want to be a RN in Canada, enrol in school. Don't bother with NNAS.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,
As I mention before I got my NNAS report "non comparable". I applied to CNO and after almost 1.5 month i received email that they have my application. I called CNO and asked about update they said they do not have any time frame. yesterday i got e-mail for jurisprudence exam but i didn't received any letter from CNO , So I just wonder that what will be the next step in order to get my registration. CNO will ask me for any other documents ? or thats all they needed. Do I need to wright OCSE any course.

And about jurisprudence any one have any Idea about exam.
The jurisprudence exam is one of the requirements for registration. CNO asks everyone to take it after they have applied for registration. It's standard for everyone, regardless of whether you have met the education requirement. So being asked to take it doesn't mean anything--it doesn't mean you have met the education requirement. It doesn't mean they will eventually consider you to have met the education requirement. So applicants take it at their own risk--in the sense that they pay the fee to take the exam which will mean nothing if they don't end up meeting the education requirement. I did take the exam while I was waiting to do IENCAP, because at the time it was only $50 and I didn't want anything to hold me up if/when I passed IENCAP. But for those that don't pass IENCAP it becomes a bit of a waste, although, not that expensive compared to other exams.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Hello, do they normally send the OSCE report by mail? Or email?
If you pass then they send my email & perhaps by post as well. If you fail , then sent by post only. Report is sent by CNO stating your scores