+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
I have and currently awaiting result from CARNA post taking OSCE. CARNA is pretty much on time. After receiving NNAS results, took them 3 mos to tell me to take OSCE. Then 2 mos to decide after they received OSCE report.
Did the regulatory body offer temporary licenses or you haven't done NCLEX yet

Mercykay

May 10, 2018
Hi All,

I am new to this forum but am happy to see people review regarding NNAS and CNO those information were deems so encouraging , l got my NNAS review yesterday and it is non comparable, before reading the review of others in this forum l was like so l have to start over but other review in this forum gives me some head up that l should not loose hope . Can any body update me what to expect from CNO ?.

jj.voyageurs

Feb 6, 2018
Anybody here can please share what was stated verbatim in their status online after taking OSCE? If it’s approved, does it say “Internationally Educated Nurse Application Approved”? Or “Denied”, or “Needs to take additional courses”? I am quite confused with the status change in my profile today. Haven’t received any email from CARNA yet.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
That is if there are addtl documents needed or there discrepancies in the documents provided. Mine came out exactly 8 weeks after it said Ready for Review. Guess I was fortunate enough.
Yes you were VERY fortunate. Even those who were educated in the US at schools that were accepted by Canadian licensing bodies have waited 4-5 months for the Advisory Report. There is a person on this forum who waited a year. But, I am glad there is someone who got theirs pretty quickly.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi All,

I am new to this forum but am happy to see people review regarding NNAS and CNO those information were deems so encouraging , l got my NNAS review yesterday and it is non comparable, before reading the review of others in this forum l was like so l have to start over but other review in this forum gives me some head up that l should not loose hope . Can any body update me what to expect from CNO ?.
CNO will ask you to submit documentation about your nursing work experience--job description information and information from your current and/or past employer(s). Don't go collecting this information now--wait until they send those instructions because they are looking for very specific info.

vennievan

May 11, 2018
Hi guys I am an IEN. I applied for evaluation of my credentials before under CNO year 2014 for RPN without undergoing through NNAS. Now, I want to be evaluated to become an RN. Will I have to undergo NNAS? Thank you in advance for the feedback.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi guys I am an IEN. I applied for evaluation of my credentials before under CNO year 2014 for RPN without undergoing through NNAS. Now, I want to be evaluated to become an RN. Will I have to undergo NNAS? Thank you in advance for the feedback.
Yes you will. There is no other choice. It's too bad you didn't get evaluated for RN in 2014. Now it is much harder and more expensive to go through the process. But, in 2014 there was no way for you to know this would happen. Back in 2014, at least CNO answered the phone.

rnaquino05

May 12, 2018
Hello, I'm new here. I just want to share my experience with NNAS.
Well, I first applied in Jan 2017 but only completed my file in July 2017. I had several problems with my documents, since the mail post office losing it, until the College of Nurse back home filling my forms wrong. Anyway, around August my status changed to Ready for Evaluation, after the 6 longest months of my life (it is hard to believe, but it is true) NNAS told me I needed to send more information. NNAS waited until my expire date was right in the corner to tell me the College of Nurse and the University in my country needed to send additional documentation. I was so hopeless after this event, and honestly even thought about the possibility of giving up and doing something else specially because I'm already in Canada and haven't worked as a nurse for a long time.
Making a long story short, I payed the fee, send the missing information and now I'm waiting for the report. My status changed to 'Ready for Review' and now just waiting.

hannah17

Mar 6, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi All,
I just want to ask if anyone of you know if electronic signature is accepted?Im planning to send my documents to my friend through email and then shes just gonna print and hand to my school. is it possible? or do I have to print the documents, sign, and then mail it?

jj.voyageurs

Feb 6, 2018
Hi All,
I just want to ask if anyone of you know if electronic signature is accepted?Im planning to send my documents to my friend through email and then shes just gonna print and hand to my school. is it possible? or do I have to print the documents, sign, and then mail it?
NNAS requires the original signature

Reactions: RN_0001

Winter Rose

Mar 14, 2017
NNAS asked me to submit a clarification letter from my college.
In the education form I didn't find a column to enter my college academic years and so I entered the staring date and completion date in a dd- mm- yyyy format.
Now they asked my college to write a letter proving the accurate academic years.

I applied for NNAS in November 2017 and it's almost 6 months...
Anyone has the same experience?
And how much time will it take to get the advisory report?
Really depressed with their process...

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello, I'm new here. I just want to share my experience with NNAS.
Well, I first applied in Jan 2017 but only completed my file in July 2017. I had several problems with my documents, since the mail post office losing it, until the College of Nurse back home filling my forms wrong. Anyway, around August my status changed to Ready for Evaluation, after the 6 longest months of my life (it is hard to believe, but it is true) NNAS told me I needed to send more information. NNAS waited until my expire date was right in the corner to tell me the College of Nurse and the University in my country needed to send additional documentation. I was so hopeless after this event, and honestly even thought about the possibility of giving up and doing something else specially because I'm already in Canada and haven't worked as a nurse for a long time.
Making a long story short, I payed the fee, send the missing information and now I'm waiting for the report. My status changed to 'Ready for Review' and now just waiting.
When did you send in the final documents that they requested? And, when did your status change to "ready for review"? (is this different from "ready for evaluation"?)