+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
That is quite surprising as they assessed my JDs in May 2017 within 2 months & refer me to give OSCE.
That is exactly the problem @Legentellison is having. So many people who applied after him even, have already received either their license or direction and every time he tries to call or contact them, he does not get any information (and sometimes not even able to get any person to respond). The process is unfair, to process some people quicker than others. Usually once a job description is asked for, it's only a few months for them to review and then decide if your job description shows you meet requirements, or that more proof is needed through OSCE. He just wants direction either way at this point, even if it is OSCE, so that he can sign up for an IENCAP date. There is no accountability on CNO to make sure the process is fair, nobody watching over them, so they don't have to do anything to ensure anything. So people like him will give up on all their hard work, just because CNO has no accountability. It is true they don't really need nurses here, only in very northern parts of Canada. There are recruiters who lie about this to people from other countries. Although, the recruiters are not the fault of the Canadian government, to be fair.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
That is exactly the problem @Legentellison is having. So many people who applied after him even, have already received either their license or direction and every time he tries to call or contact them, he does not get any information (and sometimes not even able to get any person to respond). The process is unfair, to process some people quicker than others. Usually once a job description is asked for, it's only a few months for them to review and then decide if your job description shows you meet requirements, or that more proof is needed through OSCE. He just wants direction either way at this point, even if it is OSCE, so that he can sign up for an IENCAP date. There is no accountability on CNO to make sure the process is fair, nobody watching over them, so they don't have to do anything to ensure anything. So people like him will give up on all their hard work, just because CNO has no accountability. It is true they don't really need nurses here, only in very northern parts of Canada. There are recruiters who lie about this to people from other countries. Although, the recruiters are not the fault of the Canadian government, to be fair.
This is very much insane indeed... Are they really unable to comprehend his JD ? :D

Reactions: RN_0001

NURSEJam

Apr 8, 2015
@Legentellison I've read through this thread...all 151 pages in one day and I'm particularly interested in your journey. I'm a RN from Jamaica, but I currently work in the usa in the intensive care setting. I started the process re canada a long time ago then abandoned it. Now I'm picking it up again. I saw your last post re not being able to get the next steps re your license and I hope CNO clears the clutter and give you your license to practice. I have a friend also from Jamaica she applied to ALBERTA directly from Jamaica and she got somewhat comparable and received a temporary license to practice until she got around 250 hours of Canadian nursing practice hours. She was able to do that with ease with the first job that was offered to her and soon after got her permanent license. I know all provinces are different but keep the faith re the whole process.

Reactions: Legentellison

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
@Legentellison I've read through this thread...all 151 pages in one day and I'm particularly interested in your journey. I'm a RN from Jamaica, but I currently work in the usa in the intensive care setting. I started the process re canada a long time ago then abandoned it. Now I'm picking it up again. I saw your last post re not being able to get the next steps re your license and I hope CNO clears the clutter and give you your license to practice. I have a friend also from Jamaica she applied to ALBERTA directly from Jamaica and she got somewhat comparable and received a temporary license to practice until she got around 250 hours of Canadian nursing practice hours. She was able to do that with ease with the first job that was offered to her and soon after got her permanent license. I know all provinces are different but keep the faith re the whole process.
Thank you...the process is just too drawn out. If i had known i would have applied to another province first then transfer here...but lets see....thank you for the encouragement

NURSEJam

Apr 8, 2015
@Legentellison I think based on your outcome it has been fruitful. To be able to get non comparable and get approval for licensure is great. You just need that letter saying *congratulations* i am really puzzled as to why that would be held up.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
So after waiting 2hrs i spoke to CNO customer Rep, only to be told the usual under review. I asked about my NCLEX result which was sent here from JUNE only to be told its not on my file. I was in shock, I double checked with the US nursing board to see if it was sent. It was shipped and the address was correct too so im at odds as to what happened.

So seems i wont be licensed for this year...

Tick Tock...March is coming

NURSEJam

Apr 8, 2015
So after waiting 2hrs i spoke to CNO customer Rep, only to be told the usual under review. I asked about my NCLEX result which was sent here from JUNE only to be told its not on my file. I was in shock, I double checked with the US nursing board to see if it was sent. It was shipped and the address was correct too so im at odds as to what happened.

So seems i wont be licensed for this year...

Tick Tock...March is coming
Ohhh so they thought that you still haven't done the nclex because there is no result in file. Have your board of nursing that you did nclex with send a copy of the official results. I believe after they get that you will have a congratulatory letter soon enough in hand with license number authorizing you to practice..your name will be on their online verification system. December is here already so January will be victorious...

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Ohhh so they thought that you still haven't done the nclex because there is no result in file. Have your board of nursing that you did nclex with send a copy of the official results. I believe after they get that you will have a congratulatory letter soon enough in hand with license number authorizing you to practice..your name will be on their online verification system. December is here already so January will be victorious...
Well i hope so.. But the lady said my file is still under review so we'll see

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Well i hope so.. But the lady said my file is still under review so we'll see
I am telling you, your job description is way complicated for them to understand. :p

Reactions: Legentellison

calebfomunung

Jan 18, 2016
Hi there. Has anyone tried applying for NNAS? National Nursing assessment Centre? lets talk :)
I have started the application already and has submitted all the Docs - We have a Whatsapp group for NNAS applicants, drop your contact for addition, so you can share experience and advise others
Thanks

R@MANDEEP

Dec 5, 2017
Hi guys ,
I am from India and yet to immigrate to canada .
My question is about ; to fill the NNAS-IEN Application ''part C -Examination'' and there are two options given : For canadian nursing examination 'or ' For nursing examination outside of canada .
I have completed my B.SC. (N) from INDIA. Can I fill this 'part c - examination' . If I put option for nursing examination outside of canada then there are other 5-6 questions opened and I cannot understand what I write in those questions .

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi guys ,
I am from India and yet to immigrate to canada .
My question is about ; to fill the NNAS-IEN Application ''part C -Examination'' and there are two options given : For canadian nursing examination 'or ' For nursing examination outside of canada .
I have completed my B.SC. (N) from INDIA. Can I fill this 'part c - examination' . If I put option for nursing examination outside of canada then there are other 5-6 questions opened and I cannot understand what I write in those questions .
answer the questions according to the exam that you wrote in India which allowed you to become a licensed nurse. Probably the exam approved by the Indian Board of Nursing or something like that.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning Everyone,

Need some help please with below questions
Question 1 :
If the jurisdiction or country of your initial nursing program does not issue a license, does your diploma give you the right to practice?
I am from Punjab(India) , I am not sure if the BSC nursing degree would allow to practice, however we do get a license from PNRC

So should I answer Yes or NO
?

Question 2
Did you obtain registration in the jurisdiction where you completed your initial nursing program?
Yes or no ..not sure ?

Question 3
Enter the complete and formal name of the nursing registration/licensing examination you have completed
Would it be BSC nursing or PNRC

Anyone from Punjab who's application is under process or has completed the NNAS assessment ,please help me to answer these questions.

Thanks in advance.

sehri

Nov 22, 2017
Hello there,
I will apply to NNAS next year but I have some problems.
1. My GPA: 2,42(Is this sufficient?)
2. I have Hepatitis B carrier. does this situation affect the application?

I look forward to hearing from you.