+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

thrissur

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
I applied for CNO. I got my first attempt IELTS Score. I got my IELTS score as writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5, Reading 7.5, and listening 8. Currently I don’t have writing 7 which is the required score. But underneath the language requirements section, one sentence is mentioned as "These are the minimum benchmark scores that must be achieved and includes the standard error of measurement of 0.5". What is the meaning of the sentence? Does it means if I have 6.5 in writing, standard error of 0.5 will be accepted or do I need to write another IELTS test. I asked many people who are in nursing field but no one gave me a satisfactory answer, But I hope this form can answer me.

Last edited:

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
I applied for CNO. I got my first attempt IELTS Score. I got my IELTS score as writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5, Reading 7.5, and listening 8. Currently I don’t have writing 7 which is the required score. But underneath the language requirements section, one sentence is mentioned as "These are the minimum benchmark scores that must be achieved and includes the standard error of measurement of 0.5". What is the meaning of the sentence? Does it means if I have 6.5 in writing, standard error of 0.5 will be accepted or do I need to write another IELTS test. I asked many people who are in nursing field but no one gave me a satisfactory answer, But I hope this form can answer me.
Call CNO and ask

Reactions: RN_0001

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
@andy_J is right, the only one that can answer this is CNO. Best to call and ask.

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
You need to get 7 in writing. As already mentioned "it already includes the standard error of measurement of 0.5".

thrissur

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
You need to get 7 in writing. As already mentioned "it already includes the standard error of measurement of 0.5".
Kindly anyone provide to me the CNO Email or customer care phone number to enquire my file status. I can not find the customer care email or phone number from their 'Contac Us' Page.

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Kindly anyone provide to me the CNO Email or customer care phone number to enquire my file status. I can not find the customer care email or phone number from their 'Contac Us' Page.
Contact the College at cno@cnomail.org or by calling our Customer Service Centre at 416 928-0900, or toll-free in Canada 1 800 387-5526.
International 011 1 416 928-0900
Main fax line 416 928-6507
International fax line 011 1 416 928-6507.

MsTJ

May 2, 2017
I got ' comparable' report which was a nice surprise. I was expecting a non-comparable report sometime in August based on what I have heard.... Planning to start BC Application as soon as they receive the file.
Hi.just wondering how your application is going?

Rubzz

Jul 26, 2017
Hello am new to this group..
I am havin a query regarding NNAS registration.can I register for NNAS from my home country?

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Thanks for the reply.
What is the validity if we start with the registration from home country and am plannin to write CELBAN after I come there.
NNAS does the assessment of the academics and any previous employment experience you have and provides a report which is then forwarded to the Canadian Body like CNO. The NNAS process is very long. It might take 2 weeks for a document to be reflected on their online portal after they receive it and 6-8 weeks for the office to evaluate after all the documents are received to see if it's authentic, and to check if it meets the requirement and standard. After which an advisory report is sent to inform you regarding the next steps.

Rubzz

Jul 26, 2017
NNAS does the assessment of the academics and any previous employment experience you have and provides a report which is then forwarded to the Canadian Body like CNO. The NNAS process is very long. It might take 2 weeks for a document to be reflected on their online portal after they receive it and 6-8 weeks for the office to evaluate after all the documents are received to see if it's authentic, and to check if it meets the requirement and standard. After which an advisory report is sent to inform you regarding the next steps.
Thanks a lot.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Its says -->>> ..."and includes the standard error of measurement of 0.5" thus 6.5 is not acceptable.

Reactions: thrissur

Tborne

Mar 26, 2017
Hi.just wondering how your application is going?
The application and registration process was fairly smooth. I got the RN license to practice in BC last week, took about a month - With a comparable NNAS report, the process seems to be generally straight forward. CRNBC is very effective in processing applications and generally responded to inquiries or questions the same day. What is your NNAS status? Any update?