+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
There are two streams in http://rncompetencies.ca/ ....It appears you can address your competencies gaps by using any one the stream rather going going for OSCE. Can any one shed some light on it ?
Yes these are legit courses pre-approved by CNO.
But, they are only for people with competency gaps in those areas listed. If you have competency gaps in other areas, OSCE is the only way to prove competency.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Yes these are legit courses pre-approved by CNO.
But, they are only for people with competency gaps in those areas listed. If you have competency gaps in other areas, OSCE is the only way to prove competency.
This is what Stream 1 is for.. I don't qualify for it... But I am still at loss what stream 2 is for ?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
This is what Stream 1 is for.. I don't qualify for it... But I am still at loss what stream 2 is for ?
It's for people who are struggling with English to the extent that they would not understand enough to know what is being asked of them in IENCAP. As well as for people for whom the culture is very different so they need to learn about how nursing and culture interact here in Canada. An example that was given to me once was: they have found that during IENCAP nurses educated in "unnamed" country were presented with a 15 year old who wanted to go on birth control. The IEN taking the exam thought it was appropriate to tell the girl's mother. That would be an automatic fail of course because it would be a breech of confidentiality. Just such a huge difference in culture that it can be hard for some IENs to work around (not that they aren't good nurses, it's just the intuitive part of Canadian culture isn't there because the nurse hasn't been here long enough for it to happen naturally). So the course is designed to ensure IENs understand the culture here in Canada.

immigration1234

Jun 24, 2017
Hello,
today i have received letter from CNO asking for job description for my current job and also to inform them about all my nursing experience since graduation. when I applied for NNAS, i haven't shown a 9 months experience that i had in the last 5th year thinking that it is negligible. Now my question is, do I have to show that experience to CNO? Whether it will be problem because i havent shown it with NNAS.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hey anyone got an email from CNO saying
Temporary delay in processing applications

Due to a major upgrade of our systems, we are unable to process applications or documents until Wednesday, July 19, 2017. As well, if you email or call the College about the status of your application, we will only be able to provide you with limited information during this time.

Thank you for your patience as we transition to the new system. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Reactions: delwin86

delwin86

May 29, 2017
Hey anyone got an email from CNO saying
Temporary delay in processing applications

Due to a major upgrade of our systems, we are unable to process applications or documents until Wednesday, July 19, 2017. As well, if you email or call the College about the status of your application, we will only be able to provide you with limited information during this time.

Thank you for your patience as we transition to the new system. We apologize for any inconvenience.
yes

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,
today i have received letter from CNO asking for job description for my current job and also to inform them about all my nursing experience since graduation. when I applied for NNAS, i haven't shown a 9 months experience that i had in the last 5th year thinking that it is negligible. Now my question is, do I have to show that experience to CNO? Whether it will be problem because i havent shown it with NNAS.
You should most definitely include any and all nursing work experience that you have had. This is your chance. This is your chance to get your license in Ontario and you need to use everything you have to try to avoid having to do the OSCE or the bridge program. To be honest it was a mistake not to include it when you submitted your information to NNAS, but, that's in the past so moving forward, include it all when you send your information to CNO. If they ask why it wasn't included, you'll have to explain. But definitely don't leave it out. If you do and you don't get the result you want from CNO, you'll always wonder whether you should have included it.

Reactions: Legentellison

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
It's for people who are struggling with English to the extent that they would not understand enough to know what is being asked of them in IENCAP. As well as for people for whom the culture is very different so they need to learn about how nursing and culture interact here in Canada. An example that was given to me once was: they have found that during IENCAP nurses educated in "unnamed" country were presented with a 15 year old who wanted to go on birth control. The IEN taking the exam thought it was appropriate to tell the girl's mother. That would be an automatic fail of course because it would be a breech of confidentiality. Just such a huge difference in culture that it can be hard for some IENs to work around (not that they aren't good nurses, it's just the intuitive part of Canadian culture isn't there because the nurse hasn't been here long enough for it to happen naturally). So the course is designed to ensure IENs understand the culture here in Canada.
So does it means it provides the soft skills required to pass the OSCE ?

immigration1234

Jun 24, 2017
You should most definitely include any and all nursing work experience that you have had. This is your chance. This is your chance to get your license in Ontario and you need to use everything you have to try to avoid having to do the OSCE or the bridge program. To be honest it was a mistake not to include it when you submitted your information to NNAS, but, that's in the past so moving forward, include it all when you send your information to CNO. If they ask why it wasn't included, you'll have to explain. But definitely don't leave it out. If you do and you don't get the result you want from CNO, you'll always wonder whether you should have included it.
thank you...

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
So does it means it provides the soft skills required to pass the OSCE ?
i'm not sure. I know the other stream is instead of the OSCE. This stream isn't OSCE prep but I suppose it could provide skills that would help in the OSCE. Last year when I was in contact with them about these courses the person I was communicating with was Ayesha. Not sure if the same person is still in this position but her email is abhatti@cou.on.ca

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
i'm not sure. I know the other stream is instead of the OSCE. This stream isn't OSCE prep but I suppose it could provide skills that would help in the OSCE. Last year when I was in contact with them about these courses the person I was communicating with was Ayesha. Not sure if the same person is still in this position but her email is abhatti@cou.on.ca
Yes exactly ..she is the same.. I sent her an email ..let me see what she says

mikey8954

Jul 16, 2016
Not sure if this is of use to anyone, but I decided to write a blog to detail some of the hurdles I went through during NNAS and with my registration at CRNNS
https://registerednurseukcanada.wordpress.com
I have just had a job offer so I'm finally feeling a little more positive about the whole experience. The job offer though is in the Yukon, a little different to the original plan but sometimes the unexpected is more exciting in the end!

Last edited:
Reactions: iblessed

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Not sure if this is of use to anyone, but I decided to write a blog to detail some of the hurdles I went through during NNAS and with my registration at CRNNS
https://registerednurseukcanada.wordpress.com
I have just had a job offer so I'm finally feeling a little more positive about the whole experience. The job offer though is in the Yukon, a little different to the original plan but sometimes the unexpected is more exciting in the end!
Read it ...good one