+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
There are not many active Alberta applicants currently on this forum. I am finalizing with the NNAS so once I receive my repor I will be sure to share my experiences. I have noted however, that applications are handled on an individual basis and is influenced by factors such as work experience. Hope the experts here can further add.
I'm from Alberta. CARNA gave me two choices: ARNAP or Bridging Program.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Do you know if anybody file a lawsuit against NNAS or something like that?

They are so incompetent!
They sent me a email in February asking for a written permission to proceed with a short descriptions that my school had sent. They received my letter in April 07th but they just confirmed receiving on July 3rd because I wrote a email asking about it. And today they sent me exactly the same february email asking for a written permission that they have received 4 days ago. It was completely clear!

That is only one of the many problems that I have been through the last 2 years with NNAS. They treat me like nothing and it seems that they don't know what they are doing sometimes. I feel useless, I don't know where to complain or how to make something about it. I am justing wasting money and time!

Is it only with me? Is someone feeling the same?
It's not just you. It's all of us. NNAS is a scam and provincial licensing bodies know it. But they claim that since it is a separate company, there is nothing they can do. That is untrue because they have essentially created NNAS and guaranteed them a contract to be the only company to assess IENs. It's completely insane. Are you applying to Ontario? If so, I recommend you write to the Office of the Fairness Commissioner. Also, email CNO and copy RNAO in the email so that CNO sees that you included RNAO.

Also, I'd recommend asking to speak to a manager at NNAS. Tell them you will not let it go until you speak to a manager. The only way to get anywhere is to call incessantly. So many people on this forum and others had situations like yours where NNAS basically forgot about them until they called. Clearly they don't have enough staff the handle the volume of applicants. That is their problem, not the customer's. Because that's what we all are, customers.

ps: you are not useless, NNAS is.

Reactions: enfcarolina

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I'm from Alberta. CARNA gave me two choices: ARNAP or Bridging Program.
Seems like Alberta hasn't caught up to Ontario yet, where they offer the option of submitting job descriptions for them to assess before you have to do the OSCE or bridging program. Seems that many people are being saved from having to do OSCE because their job description proves they have met the education requirement. I think it would be labour intensive for the licensing body though. The whole point of NNAS was to eliminate their need to do the assessment, but in Ontario CNO is ending up doing the assessment themselves anyway by reviewing the job descriptions because most people are not "comparable", so CNO is still spending time doing that and Ontario applicants are still spending $650 USD for nothing.

AlternativeConn

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Are you a nurse who was educated and worked outside of Canada?

If you live in Toronto and are currently exploring other ways to remain connected to the healthcare industry while pursuing accreditation or have selected not to pursue your licensure at this point in time, you would benefit from the Alternative Connections program offered by ACCES Employment.

It is designed to guide Internationally Educated Healthcare Professionals (IEHPs) in a regulated healthcare profession who possess healthcare expertise that they wish to transfer to one of four alternative career options: Healthcare Supply Chain; Sales of Pharmaceuticals or Medical Supplies; Clinical Office Administration; and Self-Employment (in a healthcare context).

This program is FREE-OF-CHARGE and is funded by Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Program Benefit:
  • Develop Canadian workplace communications skills that pertain to the healthcare profession in Canada
  • Develop a BioTalent Canada portfolio that will assist career planning by identifying transferable skills
  • Receive ‘BioReady™’ recognition and gain access to ‘BioSkills Match’, a national database of BioReady talent
  • Receive ONE-TO-ONE EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT featuring, job search strategies, business start-up coaching and/or employment placement
  • CONNECT WITH EMPLOYER who are recruiting and hiring from ACCES Employment’s programs

For more information or to register, please message me by "clicking my user ID and Start a Conversation" or provide me with your email address and we will contact you accordingly.

Thanks,
ACCES Employment

Reactions: D.J.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
can anyone here help me do my competency assessment supplement. It is too hard to do that with only the information from cno. is there any other book or resources that i can make use of to write my cas. Thank you in advance.

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Seems like Alberta hasn't caught up to Ontario yet, where they offer the option of submitting job descriptions for them to assess before you have to do the OSCE or bridging program. Seems that many people are being saved from having to do OSCE because their job description proves they have met the education requirement. I think it would be labour intensive for the licensing body though. The whole point of NNAS was to eliminate their need to do the assessment, but in Ontario CNO is ending up doing the assessment themselves anyway by reviewing the job descriptions because most people are not "comparable", so CNO is still spending time doing that and Ontario applicants are still spending $650 USD for nothing.
I also applied in CLPNA and they recognize my education and experiences. I just have to take jurisprudence exam and cpnre. but they already issued me a temporary permit

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
Do you remember when the survey was sent to you? At what point during the process did they send it?
They sent me a survey after I phoned customer service. I think they only send out surveys for good calls and don't send out surveys if the caller sounds irate or not satisfied. I was not happy with them 7 out of the 10 times that I called them.

Reactions: RN_0001

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
They sent me a survey after I phoned customer service. I think they only send out surveys for good calls and don't send out surveys if the caller sounds irate or not satisfied. I was not happy with them 7 out of the 10 times that I called them.
So they didn't send it to you after you were finished with their service. They only sent it when they knew the conversation ended on a positive note. Thanks for letting me know. I'm just so appalled that government dollars went into the creation of NNAS and now there is zero accountability, plus slimey methods for measuring their success. They won't even answer the phone at Headquarters in Toronto. As a Canadian, I'm embarrassed.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
There are two streams in http://rncompetencies.ca/ ....It appears you can address your competencies gaps by using any one the stream rather going going for OSCE. Can any one shed some light on it ?

Reactions: iblessed

happy1613

Feb 5, 2016
Wow.....i called NNAS more tha 5 times becauae i was so upset and angry!!! But they didnt send me the survey!

Reactions: RN_0001

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
There are two streams in http://rncompetencies.ca/ ....It appears you can address your competencies gaps by using any one the stream rather going going for OSCE. Can any one shed some light on it ?
I did the OSCE in 2014. my application for RN started in March 2012 and when i found this stream last year, i thought i would use it to address my Competency Gaps but i don't qualify because i fall in the group listed below.

Applicants with competency gaps in the areas of specialized body of knowledge, knowledge based practice, and competent application of knowledge are not eligible to apply for this stream.

delwin86

May 29, 2017
I did the OSCE in 2014. my application for RN started in March 2012 and when i found this stream last year, i thought i would use it to address my Competency Gaps but i don't qualify because i fall in the group listed below.

Applicants with competency gaps in the areas of specialized body of knowledge, knowledge based practice, and competent application of knowledge are not eligible to apply for this stream.
Hi, but you can study in Athabasca university courses