New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Hi, i have questions for candidates who got comparable or somewhat comparable in alberta. are they giving bridging course just for RN? i applied for both but still have some confusion. i thought they are giving bridging course for both so applied for CNO licence but i am still in alberta.
There are not many active Alberta applicants currently on this forum. I am finalizing with the NNAS so once I receive my repor I will be sure to share my experiences. I have noted however, that applications are handled on an individual basis and is influenced by factors such as work experience. Hope the experts here can further add.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
If I were you I would ask to speak to a manager at NNAS and confirm that even though you have been actively seeking out the documents and communicating with NNAS, your file would expire in four weeks. Due to circumstances beyond your control (school not releasing documents) you require extra time to submit the documents however your file is far from inactive, since you have been communicating with NNAS and working on the file. I would hope that the 1 year rule is to ensure that those who have abandoned their application but not notified NNAS are no longer in the que. Once you get their word, ask for their name and title, and write down the date, so that you have it in writing.
Speaking to a manager makes a big difference at NNAS.
The school has decided to provide a more detailed syllabus. They have saved the documents to a CD and it was to be sent by DHL this evening. I will call in the morning to get the tracking information. Only time will tell how 'detailed' this document will be. I agree with you though on calling to follow up and will do so.

Reactions: RN_0001

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am in the middle of my process with NNAS to Ontario. I have already sent all documents and everything but I haven't got my Advisory report yet. I just moved to BC and I don't know if I should wait for my advisory report and then apply to BC or I should apply right away?
Everything is so complicated with NNAS that I don't know what to do.
I agree with @Tborne
In Ontario, you are not able to apply to CNO until you have been through NNAS and have your advisory report.

Reactions: enfcarolina

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
As a matter of NNAS policy, they never verify document from school or contact school. Just to clarify it doesn't mean I advocate to send syllabus on your own but rather as matter of last of resort.

BTW why schools already having thousand of students give a damn what world think about them.
NNAS does contact schools to verify documents. They don't do it for every case, but they have the option and have done so in the past. This is in fact one of the purposes of NNAS. See the 2nd bullet point from the NNAS website:
  • A single national web portal
  • A common approach to initial document collections, authentication, validation and fraud screening
  • A consistent competency based assessment of the IEN application file
  • A consistent format advisory reports to regulatory bodies to inform eligibility assessments
  • A bilingual customer care centre for IEN applicants
  • A national IEN database providing enhanced reporting and analysis capabilities
I know what you mean about last resort. But I just don't think it's worth it.

Reactions: orichy

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
As a matter of NNAS policy, they never verify document from school or contact school. Just to clarify it doesn't mean I advocate to send syllabus on your own but rather as matter of last of resort.

BTW why schools already having thousand of students give a damn what world think about them.
I agree with you!!! What is even more strange some of these institutions have their curriculum online and even share with students in their 'student handbooks' a very detailed syllabus. So I dont understand why the 'big secret' when it comes to sending to the NNAS.

In some instances though, the NNAS does verify with the school, although the applicant is never made aware. I know this because I happen to work at a nursing institution. They send what they refer to as an RFA (Request for Assistance). Its basically a form which has to be completed by the authorized person who completed the documents for NNAS. After verifying the authentication of the documents, this authorized person is required to sign several times then stamp in a place provided. The document is then scanned and sent back to the NNAS via email. Part of the reason for this form is not only for authentication purposes, but to ensure that the signature of the person who completed the forms are legit. The interesting thing though, the NNAS does not indicate that they are verifying documents for which applicant- but it can easily be figured out once you know who have submitted from the institution.
Also, when my file was on hold for a while I called to inquire of my status and the agent divulged that they were awaiting an RFA from my school. When I contacted the institution, the secretary confirmed that they had received it (although no connection to me was indicated on the form but because I was the only applicant at the time and also because the RFA was sent to the schools office email we knew it was for me). My account was updated 24 hrs after this document was submitted by the school.

Reactions: D.J. and RN_0001

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
I am continuing to seek information on the NNAS Satisfaction Survey. So please if anyone has received the survey from NNAS asking if they were satisfied with the service, please let me know. So far there has only been one person who did receive it, and she received it after she submitted her documents (not at the end of the whole process). Please indicate whether you did or did not receive it, at what point you received it, and where you are in the process. NNAS says 92.5% are satisfied and I don't believe them one bit.
i filled out something like this. at first I was happy, and afterwards things started to spiral from there. NNAS sucks in General.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
There are not many active Alberta applicants currently on this forum. I am finalizing with the NNAS so once I receive my repor I will be sure to share my experiences. I have noted however, that applications are handled on an individual basis and is influenced by factors such as work experience. Hope the experts here can further add.
I'm from Alberta. They asked me to do the ARNAP.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I agree with you!!! What is even more strange some of these institutions have their curriculum online and even share with students in their 'student handbooks' a very detailed syllabus. So I dont understand why the 'big secret' when it comes to sending to the NNAS.

In some instances though, the NNAS does verify with the school, although the applicant is never made aware. I know this because I happen to work at a nursing institution. They send what they refer to as an RFA (Request for Assistance). Its basically a form which has to be completed by the authorized person who completed the documents for NNAS. After verifying the authentication of the documents, this authorized person is required to sign several times then stamp in a place provided. The document is then scanned and sent back to the NNAS via email. Part of the reason for this form is not only for authentication purposes, but to ensure that the signature of the person who completed the forms are legit. The interesting thing though, the NNAS does not indicate that they are verifying documents for which applicant- but it can easily be figured out once you know who have submitted from the institution.
Also, when my file was on hold for a while I called to inquire of my status and the agent divulged that they were awaiting an RFA from my school. When I contacted the institution, the secretary confirmed that they had received it (although no connection to me was indicated on the form but because I was the only applicant at the time and also because the RFA was sent to the schools office email we knew it was for me). My account was updated 24 hrs after this document was submitted by the school.

Thank you for the update

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
I applied for NNAS I need some help pls let me know if anyone can
what exactly do you need assistance with? Can you specify please.

D.J.

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
they asked about proof of identity so in that only notarized documents I need to send or along with letter ? If letter is need can u pls send me any sample

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
they asked about proof of identity so in that only notarized documents I need to send or along with letter ? If letter is need can u pls send me any sample
You are only required to send notarized copies. No letter is required. Send also a cover sheet with your NNAS ID and application number so they will know who's file the information is for.

Reactions: RN_0001 and D.J.

enfcarolina

Jul 4, 2017
Do you know if anybody file a lawsuit against NNAS or something like that?

They are so incompetent!
They sent me a email in February asking for a written permission to proceed with a short descriptions that my school had sent. They received my letter in April 07th but they just confirmed receiving on July 3rd because I wrote a email asking about it. And today they sent me exactly the same february email asking for a written permission that they have received 4 days ago. It was completely clear!

That is only one of the many problems that I have been through the last 2 years with NNAS. They treat me like nothing and it seems that they don't know what they are doing sometimes. I feel useless, I don't know where to complain or how to make something about it. I am justing wasting money and time!

Is it only with me? Is someone feeling the same?