Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Its not clear from your mesage that where is OSCE/IENCAP in the the work flow.
What I know that CNO will give OSCE or NCLEX for the licences exam, so we got NCLEX

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
What I know that CNO will give OSCE or NCLEX for the licences exam, so we got NCLEX
It is 'OSCE and NCLEX'....not 'OSCE or NCLEX'.Although OSCE can be skipped based on your practice & CNO evaluates its regardless of NNAS evaluation.

Moreover, IELTS is also required

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
If CNO has not asked for OSCE from then you are few of the lucky ones !!!! What about English requirement ?

We have given our all the docs to NNAS and than the report is submitted to CNO and they have emailed us that you have to pass exam Jurisprudence and NCLEX... after that do I have show my recent experience to CNO for completing registeration or the NNAS report is sufficient?

happy1613

Feb 5, 2016
You meant you dont need to take OSCE or bridging course?

That is awesome!

Dont worry about jurisprudence exam is not difficult.

How about IELTS?

We have given our all the docs to NNAS and than the report is submitted to CNO and they have emailed us that you have to pass exam Jurisprudence and NCLEX... after that do I have show my recent experience to CNO for completing registeration or the NNAS report is sufficient?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
As the NNAS is showing that she has 3 months of recent experience and she
is still working. If my wife resigns from her current Job, Will CNO ask for
her recent 1 Year experience after my wife passes both the exam?
Hi andy_J,

I think your wife should finish the year of work experience. I don't think it's worth risking it. Recent nursing work experience is a separate requirement from all other requirements for licensure on the list, so I don't think passing any exams will suffice as proof of recent nursing work experience. Passing Jurisprudence will only satisfy the Jurisprudence requirement, for example.

May I ask: in what country did your wife receive her nursing education? What did her NNAS Advisory Report say? Comparable, somewhat comparable, or non-comparable?

Thank you.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
You meant you dont need to take OSCE or bridging course?

That is awesome!

Dont worry about jurisprudence exam is not difficult.

How about IELTS?
I guess they need ielts but not at this stage..

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Hi andy_J,

I think your wife should finish the year of work experience. I don't think it's worth risking it. Recent nursing work experience is a separate requirement from all other requirements for licensure on the list, so I don't think passing any exams will suffice as proof of recent nursing work experience. Passing Jurisprudence will only satisfy the Jurisprudence requirement, for example.

May I ask: in what country did your wife receive her nursing education? What did her NNAS Advisory Report say? Comparable, somewhat comparable, or non-comparable?

Thank you.
My wife did her education in pakistan and currently she is working in pakiatan from last 5 months, but what we are thinking that if NNAS has given already the report at Somewhat comparable and the report shows that she is currently working and upon that CNO has sent us the email for NCLEX-RN, we are thinking that she can quit her job and come back to me in saudi arabia... now the confusion is this that whether she quit her job or not, will it effect the registeration requirement (Prof of Practice).

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
My wife did her education in pakistan and currently she is working in pakiatan from last 5 months, but what we are thinking that if NNAS has given already the report at Somewhat comparable and the report shows that she is currently working and upon that CNO has sent us the email for NCLEX-RN, we are thinking that she can quit her job and come back to me in saudi arabia... now the confusion is this that whether she quit her job or not, will it effect the registration requirement (Prof of Practice).
Wow, please tell your wife congratulations on receiving a "somewhat comparable" NNAS Advisory Report for RN! What university did she obtain her nursing education? It is helpful for others on the forum to know so that they can have an idea of what to expect when they apply through NNAS.

I had another look at the CNO site, and there doesn't seem to be anything that emphasizes 1 year or any other minimum length of nursing employment required. Did you read that somewhere? Otherwise, I'd say that if there isn't anything specifying that it needs to be a minimum of 1 year within the past 3 years, your wife can probably return to Saudi Arabia. I do think it's worth a call or email to CNO to ask though, because to make it this far and then make a mistake on something like this would be such a shame. If your wife hasn't worked a minimum of 400 hours though, I certainly wouldn't quit yet, because 400 hours is the minimum of what they ask applicants to complete if they have not practiced within the past 3 years. I hope this is helpful.

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Wow, please tell your wife congratulations on receiving a "somewhat comparable" NNAS Advisory Report for RN! What university did she obtain her nursing education? It is helpful for others on the forum to know so that they can have an idea of what to expect when they apply through NNAS.

I had another look at the CNO site, and there doesn't seem to be anything that emphasizes 1 year or any other minimum length of nursing employment required. Did you read that somewhere? Otherwise, I'd say that if there isn't anything specifying that it needs to be a minimum of 1 year within the past 3 years, your wife can probably return to Saudi Arabia. I do think it's worth a call or email to CNO to ask though, because to make it this far and then make a mistake on something like this would be such a shame. If your wife hasn't worked a minimum of 400 hours though, I certainly wouldn't quit yet, because 400 hours is the minimum of what they ask applicants to complete if they have not practiced within the past 3 years. I hope this is helpful.
My wife did her BScN from Aga Khan University Karachi...

So 400 hrs means 2 months? My wife has recent experience of 5 months, will this is enough and yes I saw the CNO website again there is nothing mention there and I am afraid to call CNO as if the will put some negative comments on the file it will be hell for us

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
My wife did her BScN from Aga Khan University Karachi...

So 400 hrs means 2 months? My wife has recent experience of 5 months, will this is enough and yes I saw the CNO website again there is nothing mention there and I am afraid to call CNO as if the will put some negative comments on the file it will be hell for us
Thanks andy_J It's good to know, hopefully others who graduated from Aga Khan can expect similar results as well.

For the hours...I guess it depends on how long her shifts are. If they are 12 hour shifts it would only take 2 months, you're right. I think she could ask her employer how many hours they have her recorded for, since after all, that is what CNO would be asking for--the record from her employer. If she does quit at some point, it's probably best that she states that her reason for quitting is "family reunification" (which is actually true since she would be moving back to Saudi Arabia to be with you). This way, that is on her record of employment and CNO will know that the reason she quit had nothing to do with her job performance.

I think it's okay to call CNO to ask. I wouldn't say she is only working as a nurse for the purpose of meeting the CNO requirements, but just ask in general, if there are a certain number of hours that they required as evidence of practice. You don't even have to give her name. It just makes me a bit nervous making such a big decision without asking first, that's all. But I agree with you, there is nothing on their website indicating it must be 1 year or anything.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I guess they need ielts but not at this stage..
Yes , you are correct about IELTS but I am concerned about the OSCE/IENCAP requirement which is the major stumbling block for all applicants.

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Yes , you are correct about IELTS but I am concerned about the OSCE/IENCAP requirement which is the major stumbling block for all applicants.
What i heard that previously they were giving OSCE/IENCAP but now they are giving NCLX-RN