+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Tborne said:
Thanks RN_0001 - I hope that stays true - I got my RN education in the US with 7 + years of experience.
You might be one of the lucky ones then--most who have been able to get through without SEC/NCAS (IENCAP if in Ontario) have been US educated. Although, there is no guarantee, as there have been even more US educated who received "non-comparable" and were asked to do the additional examination.

What school did you attend? So far, Hunter College in NY state, a school in Michigan, and a school in Witchita have been allowed through without another examination. As well it seems from this forum, at least one who was educated at University of West Indies.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
quebecRN said:
Is this true?. I read that they will give temporary licenses....?
Requirement #6 for Ontario http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/new-applicants1/ontario/registration-requirements-for-rns-and-rpns/

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
RN_0001 said:
Requirement #6 for Ontario http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/new-applicants1/ontario/registration-requirements-for-rns-and-rpns/
This would be of help if yu are not PR or citizen of Canada

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/registration-requirements/citizenship/

quebecRN

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
canada11 said:

Thank you canada11. Thank you for your information. Actually i applied from India, I did not proceed any type of immigration paper to Canada. I am planning to study MSC Nursing after i get Canadian RN. I already completed my NCLEX RN.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
canada11 said:

Thanks for providing that link. I truly had no idea that was even possible! My apologies quebecRN, I was reading the link I posted but didn't know about this possibility.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
As from link its evident that outcome can be quite subjective.

Please note that after 2 years of Masters degree ,Canada provide 1/2 years of work visa so after doing any masters from Canada you may get licences & thus can practice nursing.

But as you want to pursue MSc only after getting license then its like you are sailing in an unchartered waters as you are nonimmigrant. I doubt anyone in the forum would be able to advice with 100% certainty.

quebecRN said:
Thank you canada11. Thank you for your information. Actually i applied from India, I did not proceed any type of immigration paper to Canada. I am planning to study MSC Nursing after i get Canadian RN. I already completed my NCLEX RN.

quebecRN

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
canada11 said:
As from link its evident that outcome can be quite subjective.

Please note that after 2 years of Masters degree ,Canada provide 1/2 years of work visa so after doing any masters from Canada you may get licences & thus can practice nursing.

But as you want to pursue MSc only after getting license then its like you are sailing in an unchartered waters as you are nonimmigrant. I doubt anyone in the forum would be able to advice with 100% certainty.
Due to my ignorance or may be it is a wrong decision. One doubt, Can i get RN Licenses , if i study MSC Nursing in Canada (Ontario or BC) through student visa ?.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I think you you can ask this question to the university where you would be applying. They would be in better position to reply.

In my opinion , I guess you have to get license as you will complete nursing in Canadian University & after doing 2 years masters you get work visa automatically. These are the main requirements for to get license

quebecRN said:
Due to my ignorance or may be it is a wrong decision. One doubt, Can i get RN Licenses , if i study MSC Nursing in Canada (Ontario or BC) through student visa ?.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
After new rule introduced by CNO in Sep 2016 that CNO will review the experience of International Applicant & on the basis of that they may skip the IENCAP/OSCE exam.

My application is under review since 20th March 2017 for an outcome that if my OSCE will be skipped or not. I wanna know who are others in the same boat & since for how long their application is under review in CNO in this regard. Please share your timelines

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
My status has been the same for more than 8 weeks. Documents waiting for authentication. I have emailed and called but keeps getting the run around. This has been a really frustrating experience.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Canada 11...how did you know they started to evaluate your documents....my documents were sent back to them should i expect a letter or i will just have to wait

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Legentellison said:
Canada 11...how did you know they started to evaluate your documents....my documents were sent back to them should i expect a letter or i will just have to wait
When CNO is looking at your work experience you wont hear anything until they are finished and you get a letter in the mail.

Melj.Maks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/11/2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR 1- 5/12/2016 Aor 2 none SA-14/12/2016
File Transfer...
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT- 17/11/2016 med. received feb. 23, 2017
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
31/03/2017 and ECAS-DM
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 20/04/2017
LANDED..........
21/04/2017
Hi Guys, im very glad i found this thread, I am having some kind of difficulties with NNAS process. I applied yesterday and now just gather all theforms needed that needs to be sent back to Philippines. it turns out that Employment request forms cant be printed,cause when i tried to download it only a blank papers with NNAS logo on it. can anyone please help me what to do please? thanks in advance

Pori

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
February 13, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
February 6, 2017
LANDED..........
March 26, 2017
Hi,

I'm currently in the process for NNAS evaluation. I have a question about the mailing address where the documents will be sent to.
On the form it was stated to send the documents to this address:

National Nursing Assessment Service

Post Office Box 8658

Philadelphia, PA 19101-8658, USA

However, I was informed by the University that they have been using this address:

NATIONAL NURSING ASSESSMENT SERVICE

3600 MARKET STREET, SUITE 400

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104-2651, USA

Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Thank you!