+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
i'm really curious how they come up with the result.
The way they come up with the result is not transparent at all. It's based on matching terminology found in Canadian curriculum. It's basically a fancy word search. The people who do the assessment are not nurses and are not Canadian. There is no consistency in who gets "somewhat comparable" and who doesn't, unfortunately.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
BB_keina said:
Hello! ...
1) im not sure if it will affect your immigration. Might want to check with an immigration lawyer first.
2) I think Canada only accepts NCLEX results if the exam was completed in Canada or the US.

Please please do not move your life here until you know for certain how this is going to turn out. Many people have moved here too and tried to set up a life but found out when they were already here how next to impossible it was for them to be considered comparable and able to practice. They ran out of money waiting in some cases. Just be careful to know the ins and outs of this. Before you make a huge move :)

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
RN_0001 said:
1) im not sure if it will affect your immigration. Might want to check with an immigration lawyer first.
2) I think Canada only accepts NCLEX results if the exam was completed in Canada or the US.

Please please do not move your life here until you know for certain how this is going to turn out. Many people have moved here too and tried to set up a life but found out when they were already here how next to impossible it was for them to be considered comparable and able to practice. They ran out of money waiting in some cases. Just be careful to know the ins and outs of this. Before you make a huge move :)
Thanks for the tip. I will take note of that. :)

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
needscoffee said:
anybody here pursuing nursing career from Alberta? I know there will be lots of difference if you're applying from other provinces.
present. i "needscoffee" too. lol

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
My final documents were received by NNAS a few days ago, I am also applying to Alberta.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
orichy said:
My final documents were received by NNAS a few days ago, I am also applying to Alberta.
my documents have been received in january 22nd and i am still waiting for the advisory report. i applied to CLPNA and CARNA.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
OK. Best wishes to you! Lets hope for prompt and favorable results :)

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
CNO Fair Registration Practices Report for 2016 is now available:

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/fair-registration-practices-report/

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
trxter41 said:
my documents have been received in january 22nd and i am still waiting for the advisory report. i applied to CLPNA and CARNA.
My application was "ready for review" since sept last year. Till now no changes or news. You should expect to wait longer :-[

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
SGtoCAD said:
My application was "ready for review" since sept last year. Till now no changes or news. You should expect to wait longer :-[
:eek: :eek: :eek:

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Regarding point 2... You can give RN-NCLEX outside Canada or US

For point 1 , If you in Quebec applicant I think you need to be in that province for specific period of time . Please double check.

And yes,try to do all the paper work from your current place. Do not , & I repeat, do not think that you will come here & do all the paper work. You can handle all paper work by phone, email & courier. There is no advantage of being in Canada & doing the paper work unless & until you have to give exams like OSCE, CELBAN etc. that too comes after all the paperwork.

YOu will definitely run out of money end up doing minimum wage job. Being in Canada without license is like a sitting duck.

RN_0001 said:

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I'm applying for registration in Ontario. Does this mean I must write the NCLEX-RN exam in Ontario?

No. You can write the NCLEX-RN at any Pearson VUE test centre that offers the exam. However, there is an additional fee if you write the exam outside of Canada or the U.S. See the "International Scheduling" section of the 2015 NCLEX-RN Candidate Bulletin.

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/fair-registration-practices-report/

canada11 said:

For point 1 , If you in Quebec applicant I think you need to be in that province for specific period of time . Please double check.

And yes,try to do all the paper work from your current place. Do not , & I repeat, do not think that you will come here & do all the paper work. You can handle all paper work by phone, email & courier. There is no advantage of being in Canada & doing the paper work unless & until you have to give exams like OSCE, CELBAN etc. that too comes after all the paperwork.

YOu will definitely run out of money end up doing minimum wage job. Being in Canada without license is like a sitting duck.

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
canada11 said:

Thanks for the tip. :)

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
trxter41 said:
present. i "needscoffee" too. lol
cool! good to hear that I'm not alone here from Alberta ;D please update for any changes of your application. my documents was "ready for review" since November.