+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
anyone here who went thru NNAS process without nursing experience for the last 5 years?

i graduated last 2009, had hospital experience until 2011. i will be arriving in Manitoba Canada this August 5. my priority is to adjust well so most probably will be trying NNAS nxt year 2017.

is it still worth to go thru NNAS next year despite my nursing experience? or any suggestion?

thank you very much

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
NNAs mainly assess your education based on your Course Description provided. It gives result on the basis of it. With reference to your experience,you already have surpassed the Safe practice period thus whatever results come from NNAS, the respective Nursing Reg body of any province will refer you to the minimum 2 years bridging course for IEN.

If I would be you, I would take admission afresh in Canada & keep my previous education & experience aside as it will just add time & frustration. NNAS minimum takes 6 months & add 6 months for Provisional Nursing Org to process your application

kimmyCRN said:
anyone here who went thru NNAS process without nursing experience for the last 5 years?

i graduated last 2009, had hospital experience until 2011. i will be arriving in Manitoba Canada this August 5. my priority is to adjust well so most probably will be trying NNAS nxt year 2017.

is it still worth to go thru NNAS next year despite my nursing experience? or any suggestion?

thank you very much

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I can't answer your question directly but you can infer it from my experience.

My school refused to give any Course description. Although they gave the forms in the sealed envelope. For Syllabus & course description, I downloaded that from School website, printed it on my own and send along with the sealed envelope in one courier package. The envelope of Syllabus description was not sealed by School. In FROM, I wrote School & Principal's name.

So I guess, you can do it on your own if you cases matches the above but that translation has to be certified.

I got my NNAS report SOME WHAT COMPARABLE for RPN & NOT COMPARABLE for RN... Major difference was perhaps education description.

liza_77 said:
Good day. I hope everybody is doing well. I applied to NNAS for assessment of my nursing education last February 2016 but until now, my school is not yet done with my nursing education forms that should be sent to NNAS. When I followed up once again, my nursing education department office is asking me if they have to send the course description and syllabus of all the subjects in my transcript of records including non-nursing subjects such as English subjects, Filipino subjects, Physical Education subjects, Science subjects so I wrote a correspondence email to NNAS and they replied that the nursing school has to send the course description and syllabus of ALL SUBJECTS that are reflected in my transcript of records. With regards to this, how about the subjects that have a course title, description and syllabus that are written in Filipino language such as "Filipino 1", "Filipino 2" subjects, who has the obligation to translate them in English language? Is it me or my nursing school?
Can you please enlighten me about this matter especially those who are through or done about the forms and have already received an advisory report. I badly need your information and idea.

Coca Pavel

May 13, 2016
iblessed said:
Thank God i just finally got my NNAS Report. Somewhat Comparable for RPN/LPN and Not comparable for RN. It would have been one year next month since my application started. I am happy to get it now.
I started my NNAS application May 10, 2015.
My file was Ready to Review on Dec 18, 2015.
After 32 weeks (over 7 months in which I contacted them by phone or email more than 14 times), I got my report today, July 26, 2016 : not-comparable for RN (I'm already working as an LPN in BC for almost 5 years).
I wonder if anyone would care to share some timelines for CRNBC application.
Thank you in advance.
God bless you!

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Hello kreystiyanpoll, i did my OSCE in 2014 but we are not allowed to share what we did in the assessment. The most i can say is that you need to know your nursing procedures in different specialties. They were not able to assess on things like care plans and some other things that they then told me that i need to complete as competence gap at a degree level which is also not available anywhere except re-doing a nursing course which i already have a BSc Hon UK England and years of RN experience. Anyway all the best.

kreystiyanpoll said:
Anyone here who's done with OSCE?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
So are u now RN?

iblessed said:
Hello kreystiyanpoll, i did my OSCE in 2014 but we are not allowed to share what we did in the assessment. The most i can say is that you need to know your nursing procedures in different specialties. They were not able to assess on things like care plans and some other things that they then told me that i need to complete as competence gap at a degree level which is also not available anywhere except re-doing a nursing course which i already have a BSc Hon UK England and years of RN experience. Anyway all the best.

anipa

Jul 27, 2016
i did write OSCE EXAM and find GAPS but i did not apply for course. i moved to manitoba and started NNAS process got advisery report NOT COMPARABLE. will CRNM do any objection over my osce gaps?

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
prep books can be bought to studying for the CPRNE exams and comes with a CD as well to practice on the computer. Hope this helps

oladelemary said:
Hello,

What exam prep books can be used towards studying for the CPRNE exams ?

pinoy_ofw86

Jan 20, 2014
Good day everyone. I started my NNAS application last JAN 2016.i just want to ask if how long does it take for an advisory report to be released once the status is "Ready for REview"? Just in case I already have an advisory report and I will not apply to CNO immediately. Will there be a problem? Does an advisory report expires? Or can i still to access my NNAS account even if it's beyond one year?

THank you very much for you help :) sorry for disturbing everyone... HAve a good day

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
YOu need to check the status of individual documents. They have to be 'Meets Requirements".After all the doc reach that status from that point READY FOR REVIEW takes on average 8 weeks to process.

You are not compelled to apply to CNO immediately but how long you can wait I don't know :)

pinoy_ofw86 said:
Good day everyone. I started my NNAS application last JAN 2016.i just want to ask if how long does it take for an advisory report to be released once the status is "Ready for REview"? Just in case I already have an advisory report and I will not apply to CNO immediately. Will there be a problem? Does an advisory report expires? Or can i still to access my NNAS account even if it's beyond one year?

THank you very much for you help :) sorry for disturbing everyone... HAve a good day

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......