(Upfront) 22-Nov-2014/(updated in ECAS) 19-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
(In process @ecas: 05-May-2015) PPR 07-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-July-2015 DECISION MADE: 22-July-2015
LANDED..........
VOH: 25-July-2015 ; LANDED: 03-Oct-2015
Hi!

Applicant from Alberta here. Just received my Advisory Reports for LPN and RN but they were "NON-COMPARABLE".

What I can conclude from the reports is that NNAS gives the largest bearing on the school documents in judging whether or not your education is comparable to the Canadian education system. I think this is the reason why some people have NON-COMPARABLE while some have SOMEWHAT COMPARABLE to in their results, regardless of their experience post grad because I was a full-time nurse in a hospital since 2011-2015.

There is also a discrepancy in the date of my last shift from my previous employer, which I believe is a typographical error on their part. My last shift actually ended on Sep 25 2015, but they wrote Sep 25 2013. The date I ended employment was Sep 30 2015, which makes sense why my last shift was on the same year. Will be calling NNAS tomorrow, and just hoping for a fast action on this. I do not think I would want to wait for another month or so just to have a clerical error on their part corrected. Hoping for the best, though. :C

PS: Just because my result was NON-COMPARABLE I will not be applying to the RB I intended to apply to. A friend of mine had the same result with her AR but: CLPNA automatically gave her a temporary license to practice and a go signal to challenge the CPNRE board within a year; and CARNA gave her two options: take SEC or do bridging.

All izzzz well. God is good. Keeping the faith here. :)

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
My over all status was READY FOR REVIEW on 01-JUNE-2016, after all the individual documents has status MEETS REQUIREMENTS ..Today on 15-July-2016 overall status is now READY FOR FINAL REVIEW.

oladelemary said:
Thanks.... What's the approximate time for issuance of advisory report after the " ready for review " status is visible

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
That's the spirit! Keep going! Nnas advisory report is not the only basis of the RB, they will consider everything. Only in NNAS that they assess or has bearing for education.

PeriwinkleNymph said:
Hi!

Applicant from Alberta here. Just received my Advisory Reports for LPN and RN but they were "NON-COMPARABLE".

What I can conclude from the reports is that NNAS gives the largest bearing on the school documents in judging whether or not your education is comparable to the Canadian education system. I think this is the reason why some people have NON-COMPARABLE while some have SOMEWHAT COMPARABLE to in their results, regardless of their experience post grad because I was a full-time nurse in a hospital since 2011-2015.

There is also a discrepancy in the date of my last shift from my previous employer, which I believe is a typographical error on their part. My last shift actually ended on Sep 25 2015, but they wrote Sep 25 2013. The date I ended employment was Sep 30 2015, which makes sense why my last shift was on the same year. Will be calling NNAS tomorrow, and just hoping for a fast action on this. I do not think I would want to wait for another month or so just to have a clerical error on their part corrected. Hoping for the best, though. :C

PS: Just because my result was NON-COMPARABLE I will not be applying to the RB I intended to apply to. A friend of mine had the same result with her AR but: CLPNA automatically gave her a temporary license to practice and a go signal to challenge the CPNRE board within a year; and CARNA gave her two options: take SEC or do bridging.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Got NNAS report on 16-JUL-2016....RPN is SOME WHAT COMPARABLE while RN is NOT COMPARABLE...

Now let me explain the report which has not been done in forum so far... This is for RPN. Will share RN report later

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Report has two part: PART A & PART B. [/size][/size]

PART A - Application Data Review.

Its all about what you have provided. It has 4 sections , namely A1:personal Information ,A2:Nursing Education Review,A3: License Review & A4: Employment. Just check out if all the details provided are correct or not. Its remains same for /RPN/LPN or RN

Part B - Nursing Education Analysis.

Section B1- Education Domain Breakdown, pertains to data you provided for theory hours & clinical hours. As a trick, Try to match these hours to Canadian requirements . I didn't do it but it mattes a lot after going through NNAS

Section B2- PN SUMMARY OF TECHNOLOGY-MEDIATED ANALYSIS OF ENTRY TO PRACTICE (ETP) REQUIREMENTS

This is I find do or die of your report so I am copy pasting it with change in percentage to retain my privacy

The nursing education assessment yields the following results at the ETP level:

ENTRY TO PRACTICE REQUIREMENTS PERCENTAGE FULFILLED

ETP 1: Professional Practice, Responsibility and Accountability 55%
ETP 2: Ethical Practice 57.00%
ETP 3: Service to the Public 40%
ETP 4: Self-regulation 18 %
ETP 5: Legal Practice 28.00%
ETP 6 : Foundations of Practice 42.00%
ETP 7: Collaborative Practice 51.00%

ETP CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS

ETP AVERAGE CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTOR

42 % Somewhat Comparable

B3- PN SUMMARY OF TECHNOLOGY-MEDIATED ANALYSIS OF DIMENSION REQUIREMENTS

This is perhaps the outcome of your syllabus but I m not sure. They find these things in your report & thus total percent comes. Try make up syllabus to meet these requirements on your own . NNAS is a marvellous organisation & they never themselves cross check with the provider organisation. If your college dont have syallbus then make it on your own and send them along with application. No seal is required. My syllabus was not sealed.

Following is the report. I have removed few percentages to retain privacy
******************************************************************************************************************
DIMENSION EVIDENCE IDENTIFIED CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTOR

ETP 1
DIM 1.1 Direction & Leadership 50% (4 of 8) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 1.2 Professional Advocacy & Respect 50% (6 of 12) Not Comparable
DIM 1.3 Professional Scope & Responsibilities 37% (7 of 19) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 1.4 Professional Behaviour & Communication 56% (15 of 27) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 1.5 Clinical Practice 65% (48 of 74) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 1.6 Theoretical Knowledge 77% (10 of 13) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 2
DIM 2.1 Ethical Interpersonal Relationships
DIM 2.2 Ethical Behaviour & Cultural Advocacy/Respect
DIM 2.3 Legal Responsibility 50% (4 of 8) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 3
DIM 3.1 Inter/Intra- Professional Interaction 33% (5 of 15) Not Comparable
DIM 3.2 Practice Environment Knowledge 46% (6 of 13) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 4
DIM 4.1 Professional Conduct/Judgment 27% (3 of 11) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 4.2 SelfAssessment/Professional Development
DIM 4.3 Healthcare Technologies & Evolution 29% (2 of 7) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 5
DIM 5.1 Documentation/Reporting and Health Information Management
DIM 5.2 Foundational Legal Knowledge 14% (1 of 7) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 6
DIM 6.1 Nursing Process 46% (11 of 24) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 6.2 Teaching & Learning
DIM 6.3 Individual Professional Practice 21% (4 of 19) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 7
DIM 7.1 Collaboration with Clients
DIM 7.2 Collaboration with the Inter/Intra-Professional Team 48% (11 of 23) Somewhat Comparable

**********************************************************************************************************

mikey8954

Jul 16, 2016
Canada11 this is great, thank you for sharing this. Every time I ask NNAS for information about how their assessment is reported so that I can start to gather further detailed post-registration experience information for my application to CRNNS I get a response that doesn't answer my question even remotely. They are not great at being open and transparent about their processes. That has been the most frustrating thing for me so far. It makes it impossible to actually understand the standards they are applying, particularly when there seem to be such glaring inconsistencies with how they manage their cases.

I have a couple of questions.
1 Were you able to find the Canadian ETP requirements on hours for there and practice anywhere? I looked online and emailed a couple of registering bodies but failed to find anything helpful so that I could get my university to provide 'the right' information.
2 Given that NNAS won't provide the applicant with information about the standards against which they assess (something I also looked for at length proper to application), do they provide you with greater detail in the final report than just percentages of compliance level?

My file has been ready for review for a couple of weeks now so there is little I can do, but knowing that everyone seems to get non-comparable as an outcome for their RN review, I want to try to ensure that I have appropriate evidence to accompany th NNAS report when I apply to CRNNS.

Finally, can i assume that as your visa office was London that you are UK trained RN?

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Congratulations Canada11, you have the same results as i have. I have submitted my online application to CNO but i had to wait 4 working days after the report was issued for the link to be activated. so i will wait for their letter to arrive with further instructions, i already passed my Jurisprudence exam in 2014. All the best on your remaining process.

canada11 said:
Got NNAS report on 16-JUL-2016....RPN is SOME WHAT COMPARABLE while RN is NOT COMPARABLE...

Now let me explain the report which has not been done in forum so far... This is for RPN. Will share RN report later

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Report has two part: PART A & PART B. [/size][/size]

PART A - Application Data Review.

Its all about what you have provided. It has 4 sections , namely A1:personal Information ,A2:Nursing Education Review,A3: License Review & A4: Employment. Just check out if all the details provided are correct or not. Its remains same for /RPN/LPN or RN

Part B - Nursing Education Analysis.

Section B1- Education Domain Breakdown, pertains to data you provided for theory hours & clinical hours. As a trick, Try to match these hours to Canadian requirements . I didn't do it but it mattes a lot after going through NNAS

Section B2- PN SUMMARY OF TECHNOLOGY-MEDIATED ANALYSIS OF ENTRY TO PRACTICE (ETP) REQUIREMENTS

This is I find do or die of your report so I am copy pasting it with change in percentage to retain my privacy

The nursing education assessment yields the following results at the ETP level:

ENTRY TO PRACTICE REQUIREMENTS PERCENTAGE FULFILLED

ETP 1: Professional Practice, Responsibility and Accountability 55%
ETP 2: Ethical Practice 57.00%
ETP 3: Service to the Public 40%
ETP 4: Self-regulation 18 %
ETP 5: Legal Practice 28.00%
ETP 6 : Foundations of Practice 42.00%
ETP 7: Collaborative Practice 51.00%

ETP CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS

ETP AVERAGE CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTOR

42 % Somewhat Comparable

B3- PN SUMMARY OF TECHNOLOGY-MEDIATED ANALYSIS OF DIMENSION REQUIREMENTS

This is perhaps the outcome of your syllabus but I m not sure. They find these things in your report & thus total percent comes. Try make up syllabus to meet these requirements on your own . NNAS is a marvellous organisation & they never themselves cross check with the provider organisation. If your college dont have syallbus then make it on your own and send them along with application. No seal is required. My syllabus was not sealed.

Following is the report. I have removed few percentages to retain privacy
******************************************************************************************************************
DIMENSION EVIDENCE IDENTIFIED CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTOR

ETP 1
DIM 1.1 Direction & Leadership 50% (4 of 8) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 1.2 Professional Advocacy & Respect 50% (6 of 12) Not Comparable
DIM 1.3 Professional Scope & Responsibilities 37% (7 of 19) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 1.4 Professional Behaviour & Communication 56% (15 of 27) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 1.5 Clinical Practice 65% (48 of 74) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 1.6 Theoretical Knowledge 77% (10 of 13) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 2
DIM 2.1 Ethical Interpersonal Relationships
DIM 2.2 Ethical Behaviour & Cultural Advocacy/Respect
DIM 2.3 Legal Responsibility 50% (4 of 8) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 3
DIM 3.1 Inter/Intra- Professional Interaction 33% (5 of 15) Not Comparable
DIM 3.2 Practice Environment Knowledge 46% (6 of 13) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 4
DIM 4.1 Professional Conduct/Judgment 27% (3 of 11) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 4.2 SelfAssessment/Professional Development
DIM 4.3 Healthcare Technologies & Evolution 29% (2 of 7) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 5
DIM 5.1 Documentation/Reporting and Health Information Management
DIM 5.2 Foundational Legal Knowledge 14% (1 of 7) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 6
DIM 6.1 Nursing Process 46% (11 of 24) Somewhat Comparable
DIM 6.2 Teaching & Learning
DIM 6.3 Individual Professional Practice 21% (4 of 19) Somewhat Comparable

ETP 7
DIM 7.1 Collaboration with Clients
DIM 7.2 Collaboration with the Inter/Intra-Professional Team 48% (11 of 23) Somewhat Comparable

**********************************************************************************************************

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Apply to the Nursing board anyway they make the final decisions.

PeriwinkleNymph said:
Hi!

NoobSaibot

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Hello!

I passed the NCLEX-RN way back in 2008, but was unable to get a license since I didn't have a Social Security number at the time. (It was a requirement for those who registered in the State of California)

I was, however, able to register my NCLEX-RN test result to get a Visa Screen with CGFNS before my application for a license expired. Unfortunately, my Visa Screen Certificate has already expired as well.

Will the College of Registered Nurses in Canada still honor my NCLEX-RN even if I don't have a license? Rather, I'm not (officially) a Registered Nurse in the US?

I'm just worried if they will still ask me to take it again :(

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I came to know ETP from the report itself. Like to share so that people would not apply to NNAS point blank. Now I have personally no interest to google & find out how can we map our course study details to that ETP as I am already done :).

This is what all I got from NNAS. So this can be taken as the most detail available.

As your file is ready for review, so I really doubt that you can do anything right now as all your individual documents would be now MEET REQUIREMENt. This is my personal opinion.

I am UAE based nurse with all studies from Pakistan & thus visa office is London.

The most remarkable thing is that my TOTAL ETP AVERAGE SCORE was less the 42% in RPN & I got somewhat comparable although for RN my score was above 40% but less than 41% and got not comparable.

mikey8954 said:
Canada11 this is great, thank you for sharing this. Every time I ask NNAS for information about how their assessment is reported so that I can start to gather further detailed post-registration experience information for my application to CRNNS I get a response that doesn't answer my question even remotely. They are not great at being open and transparent about their processes. That has been the most frustrating thing for me so far. It makes it impossible to actually understand the standards they are applying, particularly when there seem to be such glaring inconsistencies with how they manage their cases.

I have a couple of questions.
1 Were you able to find the Canadian ETP requirements on hours for there and practice anywhere? I looked online and emailed a couple of registering bodies but failed to find anything helpful so that I could get my university to provide 'the right' information.
2 Given that NNAS won't provide the applicant with information about the standards against which they assess (something I also looked for at length proper to application), do they provide you with greater detail in the final report than just percentages of compliance level?

My file has been ready for review for a couple of weeks now so there is little I can do, but knowing that everyone seems to get non-comparable as an outcome for their RN review, I want to try to ensure that I have appropriate evidence to accompany th NNAS report when I apply to CRNNS.

Finally, can i assume that as your visa office was London that you are UK trained RN?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Wonderfull..Yes my CNO link is not active as of now.. Please keep posting your experience. Can you share your Jurisprudence exam preparation ?

iblessed said:
Congratulations Canada11, you have the same results as i have. I have submitted my online application to CNO but i had to wait 4 working days after the report was issued for the link to be activated. so i will wait for their letter to arrive with further instructions, i already passed my Jurisprudence exam in 2014. All the best on your remaining process.

oladelemary

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
canada11 said:
My over all status was READY FOR REVIEW on 01-JUNE-2016, after all the individual documents has status MEETS REQUIREMENTS ..Today on 15-July-2016 overall status is now READY FOR FINAL REVIEW.
So I will have to wait for each document status to change to " meets requirements " before the overall status changes to ready for review.......... That's interesting. Most of the documents are still in " ready for evaluation for almost 3 weeks now. Not sure about the time its gonna take to proceed to " meets requirement " status.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Usually about a month or so.

oladelemary said:
So I will have to wait for each document status to change to " meets requirements " before the overall status changes to ready for review.......... That's interesting. Most of the documents are still in " ready for evaluation for almost 3 weeks now. Not sure about the time its gonna take to proceed to " meets requirement " status.