+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
kreystiyanpoll said:
If you pass the CAS, you will be eligible to gake the CPNRE.

OSCE and CAS are given for them to assess your competencies, knowledge, skill and judgement with the entry to practice competencies of RN AND RPN IN ONTARIO. These exams are given to applicants as an opportunity for them to show that they are competent and qualified as an entry to practice rn or rpn because they didn't meet the education requirements. So if you failed one of these tests, then that means you have competency gaps that you need to address theough bridging program or refresher course.

About your scenario 3, if you didn't meet the education requirements and you are out of the nursing safe practice of ontario ehich is 3 years, then they will ask you right away to go for bridging program

Can you please tell us what you have to do for CAS? Is it similar to an OSCE?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
CAS or Competency Assessment Supplement is an essay addressing your competency gaps identified bu the CNO. You need to answer it based on your past nursing experiences.

Ceecee11 said:
Can you please tell us what you have to do for CAS? Is it similar to an OSCE?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Thus in short, what I infer is that ....

CAS = Pre-CPNRE for RPN in Ontario
OSCE = Pre-NCLEX for RN in Ontario

In addition to above you have to give Jurisprudence Examination which you can give online & is open book.To the best of my knowledge, It comes first.

So, IEN has to give total 3 exams that are Jurisprudence Exam, CAS/OSCE & CPNRE/NCLEX...

And yes don't forget the IELTS, 7 in all or CELBAN. Do CNO requires it in order process application in the beginning itself?

kreystiyanpoll said:
CAS or Competency Assessment Supplement is an essay addressing your competency gaps identified bu the CNO. You need to answer it based on your past nursing experiences.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
canada11 said:
At times I think it's better for IEN to start fresh & take 2 to 4 years BSN degree in Canada rather than going through this uncertain, time consuming & money grabbing registration process.

If you can afford the expenses and not have to have a full time job.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
At what point CNO requires IELTS/CELBAN it in order process application? Is this the pre-prequisite to start CNO application or can be submitted anytime in between ?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
They will usually require it at the end. But you can submit it anytime if you got one. I just submitted mine.

canada11 said:
At what point CNO requires IELTS/CELBAN it in order process application? Is this the pre-prequisite to start CNO application or can be submitted anytime in between ?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Thats nice..It means IELTS is not the prerequisite to process application by CNO .. You need later before getting lievense ?

kreystiyanpoll said:
They will usually require it at the end. But you can submit it anytime if you got one. I just submitted mine.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Its more than a month that my status is Ready for Review but still waiting :(

NoobSaibot said:
Wow. 2 weeks after Ready for Review status and I finally received my Advisory Report. :D

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Exactly. It would be one of the last requirement for registration. However, it would be your choice if you want to submit early. Just like in my case, i already have a valid language profiency result so i already submitted it

canada11 said:
Thats nice..It means IELTS is not the prerequisite to process application by CNO .. You need later before getting lievense ?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Thank you kreystiyanpoll for this valuable info

kreystiyanpoll said:
Exactly. It would be one of the last requirement for registration. However, it would be your choice if you want to submit early. Just like in my case, i already have a valid language profiency result so i already submitted it

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
kreystiyanpoll said:

Thank you Kreystianpoll and others for your valuable information. This forum is great to gather all information in, least we have idea of what is ahead of us to come. I have now received another letter from the College of Ontario for LPNs for additional information of what my duties are as a Registered Nurse were. I haven't got time to do this now as I would have to go to them in London as My Manager wouldn't do it without me. So Just be careful guys and try and get this done beforehand. They will just assess without it otherwise.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
SO, Ceecee11...They are processing your application for LPN & asking for your duties as RN... Is this what I read?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I believe they are asking you for a detailed job description right? And they are asking you if there is anything else (nursing experience aside from what you have declared and submitted with NNAS) that you want to declare and you want the college to consider?