Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Thank you emmeccsweta & kreystiyanpoll....

Thus it means it takes CNO takes 5-6 months to evaluate to let you know which exam you have to take....Then further evaluation time adds from there.

After, clearing OSCE do they give RN license ?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Yes exactly 5-6 months after application, it's either they will ask you to take OSCE for RN or CAS for RPN. and once you comply with that, it's another 5 months of waiting for result. If you passed the OSCE then you will be eligible to seat for canadian NCLEX RN EXAM

canada11 said:
Thank you emmeccsweta & kreystiyanpoll....

Thus it means it takes CNO takes 5-6 months to evaluate to let you know which exam you have to take....Then further evaluation time adds from there.

After, clearing OSCE do they give RN license ?

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada11 said:
SEC is for CRNBC of British Columbia...

For CNO they will assess you on the basis of following requrmetnets mentioed at http://cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/registration-requirements/

Nevertheless, if you clear all the above requirement then you have to write RN-NCLEX or CPNRE along JurisPrudence Exam. Otherwise will ask you for IEN bridge course if they find gaps in your education.
hi. I am registering for CARNA of Alberta. They also required me to undergo SEC or the full nursing program.

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
canada11 said:
Are there anyone in forum who has got report from NNAS, (comparable/not comparable/somewhat comparable) and have later applied for CNO registration either for RPN or RN.

What is the CNO outcome?
Hows CNO experience of registration in terms of time & documents required ?

I too have been asked to sit an OSCE for CNO as I also got a non comparable assessment, If you pass you can sit the canadian nursing exam or if you fail you will be advised to do one of their bridging courses.

However places are full up to sit OSCE till January 2017 or February 2017.

I managed to get in on a cancelation in November. So looks like places do come up to sit the OSCE sooner.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Yea

I got somewhat comparable for both RN and RPN and I dont think this report from NNAS has any meaning to CNO. I don't know about the ones with comparable report .....for the rest CNO is asking OSCE exam

kreystiyanpoll said:
Somewhat comparable for RN?

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
hi there

Do you mean to say that there is no date available till FEB 2017 ?

Ceecee11 said:
I too have been asked to sit an OSCE for CNO as I also got a non comparable assessment, If you pass you can sit the canadian nursing exam or if you fail you will be advised to do one of their bridging courses.

However places are full up to sit OSCE till January 2017 or February 2017.

I managed to get in on a cancelation in November. So looks like places do come up to sit the OSCE sooner.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
hi there

there is nothing much that you can do at the moment .... CNO might ask you to sit for OSCE exam as far as I know at the moment there is no place to go for a bridging program in ONTARIO... but you can try your luck by contacting YORK university as that is the only university which is running a fast track BSN course in ONTARIO.

thressia said:
I got my LPN and RN NNAS report today it is Not Comparable, what can I do next. Will CNO tel me to take bridging course or is there any other thing

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Me too i have same report.
How about for your rpn? Did they asked u to do CAS?

emmeccsweta said:
Yea

I got somewhat comparable for both RN and RPN and I dont think this report from NNAS has any meaning to CNO. I don't know about the ones with comparable report .....for the rest CNO is asking OSCE exam

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
yea I was asked to write CAS and have submitted it already... god knows how long will they take to give its feedback ...

kreystiyanpoll said:
Me too i have same report.
How about for your rpn? Did they asked u to do CAS?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Thank you for sharing all your experiences...SO CNO's flow goes like this after NNAS report.

Scenario 1

After 6 month evaluation CNO ask for OSCE (RN) or CAS (RPN). If you pass OSCE then you are required to take RN-NCLEX exam.Eventually, after passing then you are Ontario RN. But what after passing CAS ?

Scenario 2

What if we fail OSCE or CAS? Whats the outcome then? Perhaps we need to take Bridging course

Scenario 3

What if CNO rejects your evaluation and not even ask for OSCE/CAS?

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
yes

Scenario 1
After 6 month evaluation, CNO will ask for OSCE to be an RN or CAS (RPN). If you pass OSCE then you are required to take RN-NCLEX exam.Eventually, after passing then you are Ontario RN.

But what after passing CAS ? I think if CNO likes your Competency Assessment Supplement report then, they might allow you to take an exam to be an RPN. That's is my understanding about RPN

Scenario 2

What if we fail OSCE? We need to take Bridging course as because there is no other way to be an RN

DONT know anything about CAS ... may be in that case we have to a refresher course which is an eight months course.

I have no clue about Scenario 3... I believe CNO won't do that ( Have you heard anything like that from anyone ?)

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
How did you do yours. Just thinking of it makes me crazy. My friend told me the result will be given after 5 months

emmeccsweta said:
yea I was asked to write CAS and have submitted it already... god knows how long will they take to give its feedback ...

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
If you pass the CAS, you will be eligible to gake the CPNRE.

OSCE and CAS are given for them to assess your competencies, knowledge, skill and judgement with the entry to practice competencies of RN AND RPN IN ONTARIO. These exams are given to applicants as an opportunity for them to show that they are competent and qualified as an entry to practice rn or rpn because they didn't meet the education requirements. So if you failed one of these tests, then that means you have competency gaps that you need to address theough bridging program or refresher course.

About your scenario 3, if you didn't meet the education requirements and you are out of the nursing safe practice of ontario ehich is 3 years, then they will ask you right away to go for bridging program

canada11 said:
Thank you for sharing all your experiences...SO CNO's flow goes like this after NNAS report.

Scenario 1

After 6 month evaluation CNO ask for OSCE (RN) or CAS (RPN). If you pass OSCE then you are required to take RN-NCLEX exam.Eventually, after passing then you are Ontario RN. But what after passing CAS ?

Scenario 2

What if we fail OSCE or CAS? Whats the outcome then? Perhaps we need to take Bridging course

Scenario 3

What if CNO rejects your evaluation and not even ask for OSCE/CAS?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
At times I think it's better for IEN to start fresh & take 2 to 4 years BSN degree in Canada rather than going through this uncertain, time consuming & money grabbing registration process.

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
emmeccsweta said:
hi there

Do you mean to say that there is no date available till FEB 2017 ?
yeh Wednesday Jan 18th or February 23rd 2017 are the next available dates. Registration opened on June 28th for these dates. you are referred to Touchstone institutions by CNO. You can check out their website,