Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
DAFNE said:
Hi JWZR421,

Did you also receive an email that your documents have been forwarded for assessment prior to the final results? how long after the email you
got the assessment results? Your advice is highly appreciated. Thank you.
You are talking about CARNA? If yes, it took about a month for the assessment result to come out. If your talking about CLPNA, it just took a week.

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
JWZR421 said:
You are talking about CARNA? If yes, it took about a month for the assessment result to come out. If your talking about CLPNA, it just took a week.

hey no i think DAFNE meant once you receive an email from CARNA that your file has been forwarded to a nurse consultant, after that email how long does it takes??

thanks !!

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
bandy said:
hey no i think DAFNE meant once you receive an email from CARNA that your file has been forwarded to a nurse consultant, after that email how long does it takes??

thanks !!
Oh no, mine hasn't been forwarded to one. They just emailed informing that they are processing it and after that I got my report ( a month after the email).

DAFNE

Jan 6, 2016
JWZR421 said:
Oh no, mine hasn't been forwarded to one. They just emailed informing that they are processing it and after that I got my report ( a month after the email).
Thank you for the advice. will wait for a month then, hopefully it comes soon. :)

JINS1988

Apr 29, 2016
wings said:
Hai mates.....
I am filling NNAS online application.i have a doubt regarding part C (EXAMINATION)...Part C is all about details of registration/licencing examination.As i am from india,there is no examination for licencing /registration ....so what should i do...can i leave part C (EXAMINATION SECTION) ...? OR is there anything to fill in...?

i am waiting for your valuable reply :)

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I assume you have to leave it blank. In my case I gave exam for DHA licence in Dubai & entered that. Nevertheless, I advise you to raise a question to NNAS by email. Probably, for even keeping it blank there may be some special way for it.

mingmao

Sep 7, 2015
PeriwinkleNymph said:
Hello everyone!

Im new to this thread since I just submitted my application to NNAS yesterday. I received three pdf files online, which are specifically for my employer, my school and The PRC. However I only received a blank form for the PRC form (A glitch, perhaps?). But I did send an email to nnas. Im still waiting for their reply.

I am still going to print out those documents and have zero idea as to how long those papers are going to be filled up, and how I could ask our HR or the PRC to send those documents directly to NNAS. I am also planning to enroll for an ielts review this month and take it sometime october or november...

I hope you could shed some light on this based on your experiences. Do you think I should take the ielts even before they ask for it? How was your experience with PRC's filling up of forms? How was your employer? I really hope I could find some answers here.

A big thank you in advance! God bless us all nurses!

Hi PeriwinkleNymph!

I have the same situation with regards to your registration form for the PRC, my registration form is blank as well. Did the form appear with contents after you emailed your concern to them? I already emailed them twice, they can't seem to fix the problem.

Mingmao

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Language Proficiency: Other Types of Evidence For Ontario (CNO)

If you are not able to demonstrate language proficiency through your nursing program, registration status, or your results on a language proficiency test, then the following types of evidence may also be considered by the College.

ADDITIONAL EDUCATION

If you were asked by the College to complete additional education to meet the evidence of practice requirement for registration, then you may also present that additional education as evidence of your language proficiency.

The additional education must include:

a minimum 200 hours of clinical instruction in the program in English or French
evidence the primary language used for theory and clinical instruction was English or French, and that the primary language of the educational institution was English or French
evidence that theory instruction and clinical instruction were not completed through PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition) exclusively and
evidence the program was not exclusively an online or distance education program exclusively.

COMPLETION OF ANOTHER NURSING OR NON-NURSING PROGRAM

The College will consider successful completion of another nursing or non-nursing program at a college or university as evidence of language proficiency if:

theory instruction and clinical/practicum/internship placement was provided in English or French
the primary language of the educational institution was English or French
you completed a minimum 200 hours in that clinical, practicum, or internship placement in English or French
the program was not exclusively an online or distance education program and
theory instruction and clinical/practicum/internship placement instruction was not delivered exclusively through PLAR.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE

Applicants who taught courses in nursing or another health profession at the college or university level can use their teaching experience as evidence of language proficiency if:

the profession was regulated in the jurisdiction in which the post-secondary institution was located at the time you taught
the primary language used by you for that teaching was in English or French
the primary language used for theory and clinical instruction was English or French, and the primary language of the institution was English or French
the course(s) taught by you were not delivered online or through distance education exclusively.
Note the theory course cannot be an independent reading, research, or thesis course where you taught students individually (i.e., through a one-on-one supervisory role). If this is the case, then you must provide evidence of having taught other seminar or lecture courses, or provide some other evidence of language proficiency, so that all areas of language (reading, writing, listening, speaking) can be assessed adequately.

REVIEW BY THE REGISTRATION COMMITTEE

Applicants also have the option to provide evidence of language proficiency that doesn’t fall under any of the categories listed above. Examples might include:

employment or volunteering as a nurse
employment or volunteering in a non-nursing role, such as a personal support worker
employment as a manager or an employee in a service environment, such as a store or restaurant.
If you choose to provide evidence of language proficiency that does not fall under one of the options outlined above (additional education, completion of another program, teaching experience), then you will have to submit a written request to the College for the Registration Committee to review your application. You can also submit a written request to the College asking that the Committee consider an extension of the two-year timeframe if your evidence falls outside the two-year timeframe.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Make sure to do this online exam when applying to CNO for registration. IT IS AN OPEN BOOK

Jurisprudence Examination

The College’s jurisprudence examination assesses an applicant’s knowledge and understanding of the laws, regulations, by-laws, practice standards and guidelines that govern the nursing profession in Ontario.

All applicants wishing to register in the General, Temporary, or Special Assignment classes must successfully pass the Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse Jurisprudence Examination.

Applicants wishing to register as Nurse Practitioners must pass the Registered Nurse (Extended Class) Jurisprudence Examination.

The Jurisprudence Examination is not part of annual renewal, and current members will not be required to take the exam unless they are applying to change their category or class.

The examination is completed online through a secure website that can only be accessed by applicants to the College. Examination results are valid for five years.
CONTENT

The jurisprudence examination assesses the applicant’s knowledge and understanding of the nursing profession in Ontario in terms of:

Nursing regulation
Scope of practice
Professional responsibility and accountability
Ethical practice
The nurse-client relationship
Laws, regulations, and standards of practice unique to NP practice in Ontario are also assessed in the RN(EC) Jurisprudence Examination.

TYPES OF QUESTIONS

Both the RN/RPN Jurisprudence Examination and RN(EC) Jurisprudence Examination consist of multiple-choice questions designed to assess an applicant’s competencies at three different levels of cognitive ability:

Knowledge and comprehension (the ability to recall and understand relevant content)
Application (the ability to apply knowledge and comprehension in a straightforward situation)
Critical thinking (the ability to apply knowledge and comprehension in complex situations through analytical problem solving)
The College has developed a sample of the types of questions you can expect to see on the jurisprudence examination.

TAKING THE TEST

The jurisprudence examinations are completed online and accessed by the applicant through a secure website. Once applicants have submitted their application form and fee, they will receive information about how to access the website.

The RN/RPN Jurisprudence Examination consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. Applicants will have 3 hours and 15 minutes to write the examination.

The RN(EC) Jurisprudence Examination consists of 175 multiple-choice questions. Applicants will have 3 hours and 45 minutes to write the examination.

The jurisprudence examinations are “open-book” exams, which means that applicants can access and use paper, electronic, or online resources (e.g., laws, regulations, the College’s practice standards) while writing the examination. However, since there is a time limit and a wide range of material covered, it is strongly recommended that applicants do a thorough review of the recommended study material before taking the examination.

The examination is intended to be written by individuals working on their own. It cannot be written together with other applicants.

EXAMINATION FEE

There is a fee of $40 (CDN), plus applicable taxes, to write the jurisprudence examination. Applicants can pay the fee through the examination website. Applicants can write the examination as many times as they need to in order to pass; however, a $40 fee applies to each attempt to take the exam.

As soon as the applicant pays the fee, the jurisprudence examination will begin. Applicants do not have the option of paying the fee and then writing the examination at a later time.

Review Frequently Asked Questions: Jurisprudence Examination for answers to questions about exam eligibility, exam preparation and writing the exam.

erin_cody

May 6, 2016
Good day everyone!

Do you have any idea what type of population in the area or unit nurse worked mean?
Im just curious about this question in nnas employment form.

Thank you for the help!

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I think you are talking about this part of form. I selected Surgery in it

Name of the practice setting area or unit in which this nurse worked - Choose the formal name of nursing area or unit of
practice where this nurse worked from the following list: ____ Medicine____ Surgery ____ Obstetrics ____ Psychiatry-Mental
Health ____ Paediatrics/Children ____ Geriatrics ____ Community ____ Other, (explain): _______________________

erin_cody said:
Good day everyone!

Do you have any idea what type of population in the area or unit nurse worked mean?
Im just curious about this question in nnas employment form.

Thank you for the help!

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
This is the Employment form of NNAS. PDF is generated based on the details you enter

Nursing Practice / Employment Form

The following information from your application identifies you to the nursing organization/employer in the jurisdiction
where you have been employed over the past [1-5] years.
Please ensure that the information is correct, and sign and date each copy of this form. All forms (one for each
nursing organization/employer in the jurisdiction where you have been employed) must be mailed directly to NNAS.

Part A: PERSONAL INFORMATION

NNAS ID number: 111111 Application number: 2222

First/Given name Middle name Last/Family name
John Doe
· Your other names:
Mailing Address

Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

· Date of Birth: 00/0/1900
· Name of the facility or organization where employed: ******* Hospital
Address of Employer

Dubai
United Arab Emirates

· Name of supervisor: John Fon
· Title/Position of supervisor: OT Manager

I hereby give my consent to you to provide the information requested in Part B of this form related to my Nursing
Employment with this organization directly to NNAS at the following address:
NNAS
P. O Box 8658
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8658
USA
Your signature: __________________________________________________ Current date: _______________
(Please sign your name) (Provide date in DD-MM-YYYY format)

Part B: EMPLOYER INFORMATION

Please provide the following information (in English) concerning the nursing practice/employment of this
nurse. Please mail this form directly to NNAS at the provided address.

Job title or position held by this nurse: __________________________________________________________
(Provide the complete title of the job or the position held by this nurse)
Job status - Choose from the following list: ____ Full-time ____ Part-time ____ Casual ____ Other, (explain): ___________
Name of the practice setting area or unit in which this nurse worked - Choose the formal name of nursing area or unit of
practice where this nurse worked from the following list: ____ Medicine____ Surgery ____ Obstetrics ____ Psychiatry-Mental
Health ____ Paediatrics/Children ____ Geriatrics ____ Community ____ Other, (explain): _______________________
Type of patient population in the area or unit nurse worked: ________________________________________
Number of total nursing practice hours for each of the last five years worked (as applicable): _________ Year 1,
_________Year 2, __________ Year 3, __________Year 4, and __________ Year 5
Date when this nurse started employment: _______________
Date when nurse ended his/her last shift of employment: ______________
Date when this nurse ended employment: ________________
Employment category/type: Choose from the flowing list: _____ Licensed Practical Nurse, _____ Enrolled Nurse, _____
Registered Psychiatric Nurse, _____ Registered Mental Health Nurse, _____ Registered Nurse, _____ other (explain):
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Has this nurse ever been disciplined or allowed to resign: Choose _____ Yes, or _____ No
What is the primary language used in this nurse's practice setting: ______________________________________
What is the primary language of the patient population for which this nurse provided nursing services: ____
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part C: IDENTIFICATION OF EMPLOYER SUPERVISOR

Please provide the following information for the official/supervisor authorized to provide the employment information
on this nurse.
Your printed name: __________________________________________________________________________
(Please print your complete name)
Your title: __________________________________________________________________________________
(Please indicate your official title)
Your signature: ___________________________________________________ Current date: ______________
(Please sign your name) (Provide date in DD-MM-YYYY format)
Phone number: ________________________________________ Alternate phone number: ______________
(Provide your number in format: 123-456-7890 and country code if outside Canada.) (Provide an alternate number where you c
an be reached, if necessary)
E-mail address: ______________________________________________________________________________
(Please provide your personal e-mail address where you can be reached if there are questions about this information.)
All information added to this form, or attached to this form is confidential.

mingmao

Sep 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

I already made the payment. I downloaded the registration form and it appeared blank. Is this some kind of a glitch? What should I do about it?
Please help me with this.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Probably you have not entered any data in the online forms

mingmao said:
Hi everyone,

I already made the payment. I downloaded the registration form and it appeared blank. Is this some kind of a glitch? What should I do about it?
Please help me with this.