Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
That's a considerable experience. If you think you can not get the documents signed then better you show that period as not working given that your experience minus that period is 5 years. I think there is no minimum experience requirement but not sure

purp

Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks a lot Canada11, but do you think they will at least consider my experience in Dental dept? and what "documents signed' you're pertaining to?

thanks again :)

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Hello All

I am new here but did little bit of research about IEN and NNAS. I am working as an RN in the UK but did my B.Sc. nursing (5year) from India. If someone can pls answer the following questions/doubts:

1. Since i have already done overseas nursing program and IELTS academic for UK nurse registration, do i have to sit English exam again for NNAS? Will I be put to do bridging course?
2. Since i hold British passport now, can i come to Canada do these formalities while staying there? Will I be able to apply for temp work permit or do I have to find job offer first?

An early reply will be much respected.

Thanks

DREDOTCOM

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NNAS processing = 1 year or more
Regulatory Body Assessment = 1 year too???or more???

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Waaaaaaaaaaay tooooooo loooooooooong........

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
1. Since i have already done overseas nursing program and IELTS academic for UK nurse registration, do i have to sit English exam again for NNAS? Will I be put to do bridging course?

There is Canadian educated nurse or IEN..No matter if you have completed studies or practice anywhere in world even US , you need to apply for NNAS first- no exemption.

IELTS academic should not be more that 3 years old. If yes, then give IELTS again. As you are british passport holder with education in India so I don't know if IELTS is required for you or not. You need to check directly with NNAS for that.

You will be asked to appear in Prejuderance exam by provincial nursing association & NCLEX. IF they feel you lack courses then they will ask you to go for bridging course

2. Since i hold British passport now, can i come to Canada do these formalities while staying there? Will I be able to apply for temp work permit or do I have to find job offer first?

You can do all paperwork from your current location. As a matter of fact, its preferable to be at teh current location so that you can provide all documents easily. NNAS & any provisional nursing association receive all documents by courier so your current location doesn't matter.

I have no idea about Temp work permit stream as I am PR holder. May be somebody else will help

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I dont know .. Cant comment in their acceptance on dental experience ..

After paying NNAS , several PDF forms are generated based in your data entry which are need to be singed,sealed & sent directly by employers , nursing regulatory authority where you have registered/member & nursing school

purp said:
thanks a lot Canada11, but do you think they will at least consider my experience in Dental dept? and what "documents signed' you're pertaining to?

thanks again :)

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Not exactly..Time break up can be stated as follows rougly :

NNAS = 6 months
CNO = 6 months
NCLEX exam = 5 months
prejuderance exam = 1 month
Extra buffer = 6 months

total = 24 months

DREDOTCOM said:
NNAS processing = 1 year or more
Regulatory Body Assessment = 1 year too???or more???

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Waaaaaaaaaaay tooooooo loooooooooong........

zubinmatie

Sep 11, 2015
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we are new to the NNAS program and applying for Ontario State, we were recently told about CNO.
Please correct as needed

From what we gather we need to contact CNO, who will direct us to register with NNAS
We will then based on evaluation asked to sit for OSCE and Multiple choice

If you pass you can then write for RN exam and also sit for Jurisdiction exam(open book)
OR
If you want to write for RPN then you need to write CRNE exam
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I had few more queries
1)My wife is currently working in a India in state government and she has done her Bsc Nursing. We can have some supervisor fill the NNAS form but there is no official envelope that is used in her hospital, can we use blank envelop get it Stamped and courier it, would that work.

2)Further, my wife had given her Academic IELTS while applying for US(got caught in the retrogression), can she state the results and get a waiver, its older then 3 years :(

3)She has passed her CGFNS and NCLEX already for US, would they require her to give exam again.

Also is there any guide that we can use as reference or any post that we can use as checklist

Also as part of process to get more points in FSW I had send wife's documents to WES, not sure if that helps in anyway

cvpa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
07-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
29-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
5-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
17-Apr-2016
zubinmatie said:
we are new to the NNAS program and applying for Ontario State, we were recently told about CNO.
Please correct as needed

From what we gather we need to contact CNO, who will direct us to register with NNAS

If you pass you can then write for RN exam and also sit for Jurisdiction exam(open book)
OR
Road to Nursing license in Canada

1.Apply to NNAS:
a. Set up an account and complete online application form.
b. Pay Registration fee: 650 CAD
c. Download the forms and submit the required documents to your account: degree certificates, evidence of practice, nursing license, IELTS Score for evaluation.
d. Advisory report will be sent to CNO directly.
2. Apply to CNO:
a.Set up an account in CNO from online account of NNAS.
b.Pay the initial application fee 169.50 CAD.
3. Apply for NCLEX-RN exam
a. Register and Pay the registration fee for NCLEX with Pearson VUE : 360 CAD (valid till 1 year for the time to make eligibility decision by CNO for test)
b. Will receive acknowledgement of registration email from Pearson VUE
c. CNO declares you eligible in the Pearson VUE system
d. Then receive Authorization of test( ATT) (valid for 90days)
e. Schedule an appointment to take the NCLEX (within validity dates of ATT)
f. Will receive a Confirmation of appointment email by Pearson VUE including test date,time, location with direction.(You will be offered an appointment within 30days of call)
g. Result will be sent to CNO
4. Take RN Jurisprudence examination:
Pay the jurisprudence exam fee: 40 CAD
5. Provide proof of proficiency in English < If you fulfill all the requirements then will get the nursing license to work in Ontario>
6. Additional evaluation fee: 200 CAD
Applies only if assessment of your application by CNO identifies competency gaps that requires further education.
7. Pay the initial registration and first year membership fee: 231.56 CAD
Annual membership fee for later years( 175.15 CAD)

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
cvpa Kudo +1 for you...Adding, updating & correcting some minor details for NNAS a bit

1.Apply to NNAS:

a. Set up an account and complete online application form.
b. Pay Registration fee: US $ 650 - Add US$ 220 for adding nursing group Like RPN,RN if you wanna apply for both.
c. Advice is - if you applying for RN then also for apply for RPN as well so at least you will get some comparable report in any one
d. Enter your details online. Be Careful in adding employer, university, regulatory names. Once added cannot edit or delete them.
e. On the basis of your entries in online form, pdf forms are generated, download them (available only after payment) and submit the required documents to your account: degree certificates, evidence of practice, nursing license, IELTS Score for evaluation.
e. You can postponed IELTS if applying for CNO by saying you want NNAS report without IELTS. Send the letter by snail mail/courier. IELTS should not be more that 3 years old
f. Advisory report will be sent to CNO directly.

NNAS is damn slow. They acknowledge of the receipt of each document in online system after 20 working days(approx 1 month) receiving date.Add another one month for authentication & then evaluation for each document.

2. Apply to CNO:
a.Set up an account in CNO from online account of NNAS.
b.Pay the initial application fee 169.50 CAD.
3. Apply for NCLEX-RN exam
a. Register and Pay the registration fee for NCLEX with Pearson VUE : 360 CAD (valid till 1 year for the time to make eligibility decision by CNO for test)
b. Will receive acknowledgement of registration email from Pearson VUE
c. CNO declares you eligible in the Pearson VUE system
d. Then receive Authorization of test( ATT) (valid for 90days)
e. Schedule an appointment to take the NCLEX (within validity dates of ATT)
f. Will receive a Confirmation of appointment email by Pearson VUE including test date,time, location with direction.(You will be offered an appointment within 30days of call)
g. Result will be sent to CNO
4. Take RN Jurisprudence examination:
Pay the jurisprudence exam fee: 40 CAD
5. Provide proof of proficiency in English < If you fulfill all the requirements then will get the nursing license to work in Ontario>
6. Additional evaluation fee: 200 CAD
Applies only if assessment of your application by CNO identifies competency gaps that requires further education.
7. Pay the initial registration and first year membership fee: 231.56 CAD
Annual membership fee for later years( 175.15 CAD)

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Yes you can send with supervisor signature & seal. Official envelope is required. Nevertheless, I sent me educational docs sealed but without official printed envelope as they had none. They put the seal everywhere on envelope. Yet to get result on that . Will update as soon I will get from NNAS.

For WES make sure number of clinical & theory hours are written on Transcript. They will not accept it without it. Its my personal experience.

zubinmatie said:
Please correct as needed

OR
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I had few more queries
1)My wife is currently working in a India in state government and she has done her Bsc Nursing. We can have some supervisor fill the NNAS form but there is no official envelope that is used in her hospital, can we use blank envelop get it Stamped and courier it, would that work.

2)Further, my wife had given her Academic IELTS while applying for US(got caught in the retrogression), can she state the results and get a waiver, its older then 3 years :(

3)She has passed her CGFNS and NCLEX already for US, would they require her to give exam again.

Also is there any guide that we can use as reference or any post that we can use as checklist

Also as part of process to get more points in FSW I had send wife's documents to WES, not sure if that helps in anyway

zubinmatie

Sep 11, 2015
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the replies

For filing for NNAS evaluation you have advised that we can go for NNAS report without the need to have the IELTS academic score.

Wife tells me that her hospital does not have envelope and nor is there any letter head, can we get a affidavit signed by her supervisor

Also as my wife has cleared NCLEX-RN already does she need to give it again.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Printed form will be provided by NNAS.. you need to get it filled & stamp by direct manager or HR manager.NO need for letter head or affidavit
If they don't have the printed envelope then order the printed envelope & donate to hospital ;D

ALREADY WRITTEN THE NCLEX-RN?

If you've already written and passed the NCLEX-RN exam, you may not need to write it again. However, you must still meet all of the other requirements for registration in Ontario. Contact the College for more information.
http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/entry-to-practice-examinations/nclex-rn/exam-writers/

zubinmatie said:
Thanks for the replies

For filing for NNAS evaluation you have advised that we can go for NNAS report without the need to have the IELTS academic score.

Wife tells me that her hospital does not have envelope and nor is there any letter head, can we get a affidavit signed by her supervisor

Also as my wife has cleared NCLEX-RN already does she need to give it again.