+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
May i know if why are they requesting such documents? Aren't the documents submitted with NNAS enough?
I dont know that either... Since we have different educational background and experience so the evaluation might vary from person to person ... Dont know what exactly they are doing ?

DREDOTCOM

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emmeccsweta said:
Yup ... A letter asking me to submit the job description and the next one asking me to submit additional nursing practice information.

How about you? Did they ask the same thing with you? by the way how far are you with ur application?
Same here..i asked them bout the status of my app (Oct 2015) still under educ assessment..

DREDOTCOM

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emmeccsweta said:
Yup ... A letter asking me to submit the job description and the next one asking me to submit additional nursing practice information.

How about you? Did they ask the same thing with you? by the way how far are you with ur application?
I have read your previous msgs.You completed all your requirements to CNO last August 2015,right? So this month is your 5th month waiting period. I hope you get a positive evaluation. Good luck to our applications. :)

liza_77

Jan 14, 2016
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

How about applying for PR in Canada? If I am not wrong, in order to work as an RN you will definitely need work permit. (You must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or hold authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in the practice of nursing in Ontario.) The rule could be same for all province.

liza_77

Jan 14, 2016
Once again, good day to everybody. Thank you canada11 and emmeccsweta for replying to my inquiry about how will I be able to take LPN or RN licensing exam in Canada. I have read about the instructions regarding National Nursing Assessment Service(NNAS) and I wanted to try applying online which is the way it is but there are still many questions that I have in mind which are left unanswered unless I begin to register with NNAS which means filling up application and paying the required fees. But before I push through with the application, can somebody please enlighten me about some unanswered questions that I have in my mind? I need your help regarding NNAS and the Canada Nursing Regulatory Body. Here are some of my questions after citing my situation and hope somebody can provide valuable information:

I learned that NNAS requires that my employers both previous and present must fill up a form, perhaps with a seal and signature of Human Resources Head and send it directly to NNAS through a courier. This is where I find the difficulty since I have been working as a nurse for four years here in Saudi Arabia but on two different employers, the previous was in a private healthcare institution and the present is in Ministry of Health but has not violated any work contract for both. The region of my first nursing job here is very far and most of us went on exit visa after our two years contract and I know nobody there anymore. Add to that is the experience that our administration office is not so good in replying to emails or even letters so I doubt that I can prompt them to fill-up a form for me and have them send it to the United States of America where NNAS office is located. While I mention the first situation as an obstacle in NNAS application, the second employment is not exactly the same situation but is similar since I am also going on exit visa after my contract is finish this February 2016. I am not making a general statement or stereotyping about certain nationalities character or work ethics since I do believe that as a nurse, I have to be open-minded and emphatic and that everybody deserves respect but its just that its our experiences here. We find it hard to make them fill-up a form or have them send papers or documents to other countries. My questions are:

1. I can choose not to provide employment details in my application to NNAS and just fill it up as N/A (Not Applicable) since I don't know if my employment form will ever be accomplished or sent to NNAS if I include it. Would it be acceptable?

2. If I do not include my employment details in Saudi Arabia but I will include my Saudi Commission for Health Specialties Nurse License, will NNAS question me about the relationship of my Saudi Arabia Nurse License to my nursing practice?

3. If NNAS has issued my advisory report and forward it to a Nursing Regulatory Body in Canada, will my "Not Applicable (N/A)" in the Employment Form affect my application and assessment of a Canadian Nursing Regulatory Body since it involves 4 years of nursing work experience and yet it will not be indicated in the NNAS report?

Hope somebody can help me shed some light about my NNAS application issues. Thank you in advance.

Its me, Liza.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
DREDOTCOM said:
I have read your previous msgs.You completed all your requirements to CNO last August 2015,right? So this month is your 5th month waiting period. I hope you get a positive evaluation. Good luck to our applications. :)
Thank you

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
liza_77 said:
Once again, good day to everybody. Thank you canada11 and emmeccsweta for replying to my inquiry about how will I be able to take LPN or RN licensing exam in Canada. I have read about the instructions regarding National Nursing Assessment Service(NNAS) and I wanted to try applying online which is the way it is but there are still many questions that I have in mind which are left unanswered unless I begin to register with NNAS which means filling up application and paying the required fees. But before I push through with the application, can somebody please enlighten me about some unanswered questions that I have in my mind? I need your help regarding NNAS and the Canada Nursing Regulatory Body. Here are some of my questions after citing my situation and hope somebody can provide valuable information:

I learned that NNAS requires that my employers both previous and present must fill up a form, perhaps with a seal and signature of Human Resources Head and send it directly to NNAS through a courier. This is where I find the difficulty since I have been working as a nurse for four years here in Saudi Arabia but on two different employers, the previous was in a private healthcare institution and the present is in Ministry of Health but has not violated any work contract for both. The region of my first nursing job here is very far and most of us went on exit visa after our two years contract and I know nobody there anymore. Add to that is the experience that our administration office is not so good in replying to emails or even letters so I doubt that I can prompt them to fill-up a form for me and have them send it to the United States of America where NNAS office is located. While I mention the first situation as an obstacle in NNAS application, the second employment is not exactly the same situation but is similar since I am also going on exit visa after my contract is finish this February 2016. I am not making a general statement or stereotyping about certain nationalities character or work ethics since I do believe that as a nurse, I have to be open-minded and emphatic and that everybody deserves respect but its just that its our experiences here. We find it hard to make them fill-up a form or have them send papers or documents to other countries. My questions are:

1. I can choose not to provide employment details in my application to NNAS and just fill it up as N/A (Not Applicable) since I don't know if my employment form will ever be accomplished or sent to NNAS if I include it. Would it be acceptable?

2. If I do not include my employment details in Saudi Arabia but I will include my Saudi Commission for Health Specialties Nurse License, will NNAS question me about the relationship of my Saudi Arabia Nurse License to my nursing practice?

3. If NNAS has issued my advisory report and forward it to a Nursing Regulatory Body in Canada, will my "Not Applicable (N/A)" in the Employment Form affect my application and assessment of a Canadian Nursing Regulatory Body since it involves 4 years of nursing work experience and yet it will not be indicated in the NNAS report?

Hope somebody can help me shed some light about my NNAS application issues. Thank you in advance.

Its me, Liza.
Hi Liza

I can't say much but I would like to ask you to read the web page of CNO as most of information is written there.

I guess without a valid work experience NNAS might not accept your application. According to CNO,"You must show that you have recent experience practising as a nurse. Most Ontario applicants automatically meet this requirement by completing a nursing program approved by the College within the past three years."

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015

See answer of 3

Dont know but may be they will ask that if you have not work there then why you had the licence

As your experience is of 4 years , & if you do not mention it then you will not full fill the 3 years safe practice requirement & thus CNO will not approve your application & will direct you to complete IEN bridging course. But as you are also not the PR holder or canadian citizen so I doubt you can even apply for IEN bridging course.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
It is not necessary that NNAS form to be send by HR dept. You can fill up the form from your immediate supervisor or manager having hospital stamp.

Most of the time, no one bothers to fill up the form. Simple fill up the form yourself and give them to sign and give the hospital envelope and seal the envelope.

Many are not bothered by sending the envelope on their own. You can courier your self, but put signee name on FROM.

liza_77 said:

Its me, Liza.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
canada11 said:
It means ...person has to keep 4- 6 months for NNAS receive all required documents, plus 4-6 months for CNO...Total its 1 year project. They are lazier than snail indeed.
Yup they are... How far are you with your paper work??

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
Hello everyone, I'm new here :D... just starting to process my NNAS. My PRC docs was sent to NNAS last December and as i've checked from the tracking number they already received it. I'm just wondering how fast/ long it takes for them to change the status because my dashboard says that initial docs was not received yet. I'm still giving them time to update before sending them a letter regarding this. Thanks

liza_77

Jan 14, 2016
Thank you for the replies emmeccsweta and canada11. Your ideas are greatly appreciated especially canada11's reply. I don't know if I can ever accomplish getting a signature and seal from my previous employer just by sending them the filled-up form. And even if they sign the form, I doubt if they will send it by courier to the USA. I have been with them for two years so I have come to observe them and that is why I have this doubt. I can't even travel by plane to reach them because it is really far from where I am now. And here in KSA, a woman like me is not allowed to travel alone. So if I have to go there to get a signature and a seal, I have to plead with my colleague to arrange a two days off for her and me too, book a round-trip ticket for two and travel to Southern region of Saudi Arabia. But the hard part is, we have to travel by car or a taxi driven by a male stranger for two and a half hours from the airport there passing barren desert and rocks. Heaven knows how hard it will be and I know my colleague will never approve of it. It is dangerous literally and figuratively. No woman here even if accompanied by another woman travels with a driver who is a complete stranger. Will I ever complete the document requirement of NNAS? Oh......Good Heaven :(

DREDOTCOM

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc_geh said:
Hello everyone, I'm new here :D... just starting to process my NNAS. My PRC docs was sent to NNAS last December and as i've checked from the tracking number they already received it. I'm just wondering how fast/ long it takes for them to change the status because my dashboard says that initial docs was not received yet. I'm still giving them time to update before sending them a letter regarding this. Thanks
Give them 4-6weeks..

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
DREDOTCOM said:
Give them 4-6weeks..
oh i see... thank you so much ;)

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Reply I got from NNAS currently

Dear Applicant Thank you for contacting NNAS We need a tracking number to be able to verify if we got your mail but without a tracking number, I cannot see them. For all mail however, there is currently 20 business day processing time before the documents that have actually arrived in the mailroom are authenticated and verified and entered in your online Application, where you can see them under Status. Without a tracking number, you would need to estimate the mailing time And then allow the processing time here before you can see your documents reflected online. Regards. NNAS Customer Care

mc_geh said:
oh i see... thank you so much ;)