Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Hi Canada11 thanks for your reply ,
So you are saying that to meet safe practice requirement ,one should be clinical experience not teaching role as RN or clinical instructor role with in 3yrs?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
This link addresses http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/registration-requirements/evidence-of-practice/ your questions directly. They require practice unless you are graduated from approved colleges http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/approved-nursing-programs/

jibinseb said:
Hi Canada11 thanks for your reply ,
So you are saying that to meet safe practice requirement ,one should be clinical experience not teaching role as RN or clinical instructor role with in 3yrs?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
So far out of several documents, NNAS acknowledged one document from EMPLOYER and has provided with the following status after one month of delivery of courier.

A document has been received for this particular requirement and now must be authenticated. Once authenticated this document will be forwarded for evaluation. Please note that if a document fails authentication NNAS will need to correspond with the source of the document to verify authenticity of the seals, signatures and content before accepting the document for further evaluation. Please note that NNAS will correspond with the source of the document and no further action is required on the part of the NNAS applicant at this time.

Will update more once i get from this lazy centre

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
kath88 said:
What was the report you received from NNAS? How's your assessment results from CNO? I think all IEN from our country will get the same report since all nursing curriculum in the Phil are somehow similar.
I didn't undergo NNAS for my RPN application. I was allowed to take the CPNRE after CNO received my academic amd registration documents sans employment papers.

liza_77

Jan 14, 2016
Hello and good day to everybody. I am a filipino RN and midwife currently practicing as a nurse here in Saudi Arabia. I am interested to be assessed by NNAS but I still cannot understand how I will be able to take any licensing exam whether as RN or LPN in Canada since I do not have any relative to invite me even on a tourist visa and I learned that IEN can only take the registration exam inside Canada.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
KMLRN said:
I didn't undergo NNAS for my RPN application. I was allowed to take the CPNRE after CNO received my academic amd registration documents sans employment papers.
When you went to CNO ? Because our understanding is that now from Aug 2014, IENs first point of contact is NNAS..they give result stating comparable or non comparable with which you apply to CNO or any provisional nursing association

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
canada11 said:
When you went to CNO ? Because our understanding is that now from Aug 2014, IENs first point of contact is NNAS..they give result stating comparable or non comparable with which you apply to CNO or any provisional nursing association
HI there

If I am not wrong may be the application was submitted before Aug 2014 that's why the application was processed directly by CNO. But now the first point of contact is NNAS.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
liza_77 said:
Hello and good day to everybody. I am a filipino RN and midwife currently practicing as a nurse here in Saudi Arabia. I am interested to be assessed by NNAS but I still cannot understand how I will be able to take any licensing exam whether as RN or LPN in Canada since I do not have any relative to invite me even on a tourist visa and I learned that IEN can only take the registration exam inside Canada.
Hi there

How about applying for PR in Canada? If I am not wrong, in order to work as an RN you will definitely need work permit. (You must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or hold authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in the practice of nursing in Ontario.) The rule could be same for all province.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
emmeccsweta said:
HI there

If I am not wrong may be the application was submitted before Aug 2014 that's why the application was processed directly by CNO. But now the first point of contact is NNAS.
Can you please share your timeline ... Like when you submitted to CNO then how long they took to process the application after reviewing all documents, dates of any required examination you took, time CNO took to reply back after examination.

It will be great help for us to plan

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
liza_77 said:
YOu don't need a relative to get visit visa for canada. You may get visa requirement from here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
canada11 said:
Can you please share your timeline ... Like when you submitted to CNO then how long they took to process the application after reviewing all documents, dates of any required examination you took, time CNO took to reply back after examination.

It will be great help for us to plan
Hi there

I don't know how things worked before as I didn't apply to CNO.

In my case, I applied to NNAS and my school and employer took pretty long time to send them the form and the document they want. Once NNAS received my first set of document they asked me extra document with my university as they were not satisfied with my course curriculum. So, my university send them another document explaining them as much as they could.

Once NNAS received all my document they asked for, they took 18 weeks to give my advisory report although it was suppose to be issued in 8-12 weeks. Now my document is with CNO since August 18, 2015, although 16-22 weeks is their working time but I haven't heard from them yet. So, from my point of view, it is long and frustrating process .....

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
It means ...person has to keep 4- 6 months for NNAS receive all required documents, plus 4-6 months for CNO...Total its 1 year project. They are lazier than snail indeed.

emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

In my case, I applied to NNAS and my school and employer took pretty long time to send them the form and the document they want. Once NNAS received my first set of document they asked me extra document with my university as they were not satisfied with my course curriculum. So, my university send them another document explaining them as much as they could.

Once NNAS received all my document they asked for, they took 18 weeks to give my advisory report although it was suppose to be issued in 8-12 weeks. Now my document is with CNO since August 18, 2015, although 16-22 weeks is their working time but I haven't heard from them yet. So, from my point of view, it is long and frustrating process .....

DREDOTCOM

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

Have you received regular mail from CNO re:eek:utstanding requirement after they acknowledge your NNAS document?

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
DREDOTCOM said:
Have you received regular mail from CNO re:eek:utstanding requirement after they acknowledge your NNAS document?
Yup ... A letter asking me to submit the job description and the next one asking me to submit additional nursing practice information.

How about you? Did they ask the same thing with you? by the way how far are you with ur application?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
emmeccsweta said:
Yup ... A letter asking me to submit the job description and the next one asking me to submit additional nursing practice information.

How about you? Did they ask the same thing with you? by the way how far are you with ur application?
May i know if why are they requesting such documents? Aren't the documents submitted with NNAS enough?