+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Hammy25

Jan 7, 2016
Hi! Good day to all! Newbie here, I'm starting with the registration for NNAS --- but before I will proceed with the last step which is payment may I have your advise please --- I read in the Applicant's guidelines that the minimum /lowest acceptable scores for IELTS : speaking 7, listening 7.5, reading 6.5, writing 7, overall 7. I met the overall bandscore of 7 however, my listening and writing scores did not meet the required 7.5 and 7 respectively.

Do I have to retake the IELTS until I hit the required lowest scores for each area inspite of meeting the overal bandscore of 7?

Thank you so much! Goodluck to everyone!

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hammy25 said:
Hi! Good day to all! Newbie here, I'm starting with the registration for NNAS --- but before I will proceed with the last step which is payment may I have your advise please --- I read in the Applicant's guidelines that the minimum /lowest acceptable scores for IELTS : speaking 7, listening 7.5, reading 6.5, writing 7, overall 7. I met the overall bandscore of 7 however, my listening and writing scores did not meet the required 7.5 and 7 respectively.

Do I have to retake the IELTS until I hit the required lowest scores for each area inspite of meeting the overal bandscore of 7?

Thank you so much! Goodluck to everyone!
i retook mine because i wasn't able to reach the required minimum score in writing though my overall score is 7.5

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
faraz246 said:
Dear Seniors
I appeared in IELTS twice and got following scores
1st Attempt: L:8, R:7.5, S:7.5, W:6.5 (Overall: 7.5)
2nd Attempt: L:7.5, R:7, S:7, W:6.5 (Overall: 7)
Please guide what should I do? I am unable to score 7 on writing. Not sure why is that so. Will sending any of these scores be of any worth? or should I attempt again. Please guide.
did you try applying for a remark?i did and my writing score changed from 6.5 to 7. http://ieltsadvantage.com/ - this website helped me on my writing.

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ladylynism said:
Hello guys, I'm new here in Vancouver Canada (6mos) I'm planning to start NNAS next january. I only have 6 months experience as Nurse Trainee do you think they will acknowledge it as my experience?

What's better: I will take IELTS Then NNAS or NNAS first then I will take IELTS? Thanks guys! :)
NNAS then the language test.

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
amitriptyline05 said:
Hi! I recently took the ielts exam but didnt achieve the required score. :( I have added nnas as a recognized institution to receive my ielts results when I registered for the exam. So they will receive a copy of my ielts results. Does anybody know, what nnas will do to my application if They receive these ielts scores that did not meet their language requirements?
the result will be reflected on your NNAS account but they will let you know that you didnt met the minimum required language score and advise you take the exam again and get the required passing score.

Hammy25

Jan 7, 2016
mari joi said:
i retook mine because i wasn't able to reach the required minimum score in writing though my overall score is 7.5
Thanks Mari Joi, I saw from the other threads to write a waiver on the language test. Is there any specific format to that? Also, I'm an RN from the Philippines as a second courser, finished my BSN for only 5 semesters, and had less than 3 years of Work experience will that affect my application even if I would like to start as LPN?

Appreciate the reply so much! God Bless

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
So finally , NNAS has acknowledged that they have received one document from my employer. It was delivered by courier on 10-Dec-2015 and status was changed from "waiting for document" to "waiting for authentication" on 7-Jan-2016. It took good one month to get from their mail room to case desk. Their official policy is 20 working days to mark "waiting for authentication" after they receive papers. How 'FAST' :mad:

After 'Authentication' there is 'Evaluation' Step . I will update the timelines as soon as I get them.

nestingus

Nov 19, 2015
Hey guys just wanted to give you an update on my NNAS application to see if anyone else has had similar experiences. I've applied for RPN in BC. The process is very slow. They've already refused the employer forms which they've sent out again, this time with a covering letter (my company does not have their own envelopes), and my managers return address and signature on the back of the envelope. They've received my notatized ID documents but have updated saying:

'Documents were received for this particular requirement, however, a preliminary evaluation determined that required information was missing or there were questions regarding information required for your NNAS Advisory Report. Please check your correspondence for more details as to what additional documentation is required'

I have no idea what this means, but I was sure that the copies contained all the information they wanted. My biggest concern, however, is my nursing school/univeristy have refused to complete the 'Education Domain Breakdown' section as they said they were unable to do this accurately, despite me pleading with them to try. They've attached a letter explaining this saying it's a 'blended learning' course so impossible to calculate exact hours. So this probably mean they'll reject the forms, or submit a report saying I have to do a load of extra training.

So far a very demoralising experience :( One thing I would say I though, if you need to speak to NNAS, contact them by phone. They're much more helpful this way and you don't need to wait 48 hours for the email response.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
It says ' Please check your correspondence for more details as to what additional documentation is required'

You need to log in to NNAS account & click Correspondence from the left menu and check what message you have get. And please don't forget to share what they are saying :)

nestingus said:
Hey guys just wanted to give you an update on my NNAS application to see if anyone else has had similar experiences. I've applied for RPN in BC. The process is very slow. They've already refused the employer forms which they've sent out again, this time with a covering letter (my company does not have their own envelopes), and my managers return address and signature on the back of the envelope. They've received my notatized ID documents but have updated saying:

'Documents were received for this particular requirement, however, a preliminary evaluation determined that required information was missing or there were questions regarding information required for your NNAS Advisory Report. Please check your correspondence for more details as to what additional documentation is required'

I have no idea what this means, but I was sure that the copies contained all the information they wanted. My biggest concern, however, is my nursing school/univeristy have refused to complete the 'Education Domain Breakdown' section as they said they were unable to do this accurately, despite me pleading with them to try. They've attached a letter explaining this saying it's a 'blended learning' course so impossible to calculate exact hours. So this probably mean they'll reject the forms, or submit a report saying I have to do a load of extra training.

So far a very demoralising experience :( One thing I would say I though, if you need to speak to NNAS, contact them by phone. They're much more helpful this way and you don't need to wait 48 hours for the email response.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hello again

has anyone heard lately from College of Nurses of Ontario?

Please do share your experiences about CNO.

Thanks in advance

nestingus

Nov 19, 2015
canada11 said:
It says ' Please check your correspondence for more details as to what additional documentation is required'

You need to log in to NNAS account & click Correspondence from the left menu and check what message you have get. And please don't forget to share what they are saying :)
Hey thanks, but I checked, and nothing. They should say whether they've received my employer and education forms soon, at which point I'll probably chase them up on the phone again. I've read a lot of stories about people getting 'non-comparable' reports. It really is a difficult process. Keep me updated on your progress too!

hopeful08

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-7-2014
AOR Received.
10-7-2015
File Transfer...
12-8-2015 Manila
Med's Request
19-8-2015
Med's Done....
08-9-2015
Passport Req..
19-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-9-2015
LANDED..........
Hi! How do I add another nursing group in my application? Main is RN and want to add LPN as well

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
hopeful08 said:
Hi! How do I add another nursing group in my application? Main is RN and want to add LPN as well
Have you paid for your application? Once you will pay and start the application than just below the raw of category for application you will see an option saying add another category. You just have to click there.

jibinseb

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Hi
Can anyone help me to clarify my doubt?
I am an international nurse from India , I know that One of the criteria for CNO for eligibility is one year work experience as RN or RPN in India , but I have one yr experience as a teacher in a nursing college . Does CNO accept the experience or do they need hopital experience ? Does any one have gone through this stage ?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I can not answer your question directly. Although, i can inform you that there is one thing called 'safe practice requirement' i.e you should not be out of practice for more than 3 years otherwise you are not able to get registered and thus has to get admission in 2 year bridging course.

In your case, you don't even have a practice thus I INFER that you can not get registered.

jibinseb said:
Hi
Can anyone help me to clarify my doubt?
I am an international nurse from India , I know that One of the criteria for CNO for eligibility is one year work experience as RN or RPN in India , but I have one yr experience as a teacher in a nursing college . Does CNO accept the experience or do they need hopital experience ? Does any one have gone through this stage ?