12 March 2015 TLU : 22 March 2015
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
22 May 2015 DM : 26 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2015
Hii to fellow nurses...
i have granted with PR visa and planning to go for shor landing during dec 2015 and planning to settle for good by 2017. i have few queries..

1. Could anyone please tell me whether i have to start the nursing council registration by now ??
2. is it required to take IELTS for NNA registration???
3. Can anyone tell me the report from NNA for Bachelor and Master degrees done from India.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
YA said:
Hi TEF,

I applied to CNO April 27th, 2015. Within a week I received a letter saying they have received my application and that the process might take up to 20 weeks. 2 weeks later I received an email authorizing me to write the Jurisprudence exam which I completed and passed successfully. Then I got another letter saying that I have met: 1) Evidence of language proficiency 2) Evidence of Canadian citizenship 3) Successful completion of the examination for registration as an RN and 4) Evidence of practice as an RN in the three year before registration.
I was really happy until I read I had outstanding documents to provide. They wanted verification of course completion and transcript from my first Bachelor Degree also completed in the US (Bachelor of Science in Health Studies with a Minor in Psychology). NNAS told me to provide them with my BS in Nursing ONLY. My NNAS report came COMPARABLE, however CNO still want to see my courses completed in my first degree. Beware Guys if you have another bachelor make sure you submit that to NNAS regardless of what NNAS said.
May 28th CNO received my entire courses syllabus/description from my previous Bachelor and since then I am still waiting. I call them periodically to ask for the status of my application and they say “It is under review”. I will let you all know the final result.
All I can say is that there is so much redundancy with this process. I hope this information helps.
Thanks YA, for sharing these details about your case. The information is of great help. If CNO is stalling a case that is as perfect and straightforward as yours, what would they do to other cases where applicants still have a long list of requirements to meet. I wish you all the best as you await the final decision after submitting that extra document (degree) they are requesting. Thanks.

xtine_bast

Jul 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 July 2014
Med's Request
30 January 2015
Med's Done....
4 February 2015/ 3rd line 14 February 2015
Passport Req..
27 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18 APril 2015
LANDED..........
soon!!
Hi,

I just want to ask how did you send your proof of identity?
snail mail? or courier (fedex or dhl)?

Thank you in advance.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
aashu241 said:
#TEF
I want to know is it necessary to submit ilets to nnas for ontario province
i am having bachelor of science in nursing 4 years
presently i am in ontario only on study visa
can nnas issue advisory report without ielts for ontario province
if nnas issue advisory report without ielts , will cno demand language proficiency test
Please Reply
Hi aashu241, I applied to ALberta and not Ontario, however, I believe CNO will ask you to meet English proficiency requirement if you submit your application/NNAS Advisory Report to CNO without this requirement (if English is not your first language). NNAS may issue advisory report without IELTS depending on your situation but it is CNO that will make the final determination whether you have met the English proficiency requirement. Hope this helps.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
aashu241 said:
# tef
Thank you for reply
Can you tell me had you submitted ielts or any language proficiency test for alberta province
Hi aashu241, Alberta determined that I have met the English Proficiency requirement because I did my studies in the US and practised as RN in the US. Which country did you do your Nursing studies?

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
YA said:
Hi TEF,

I applied to CNO April 27th, 2015. Within a week I received a letter saying they have received my application and that the process might take up to 20 weeks. 2 weeks later I received an email authorizing me to write the Jurisprudence exam which I completed and passed successfully. Then I got another letter saying that I have met: 1) Evidence of language proficiency 2) Evidence of Canadian citizenship 3) Successful completion of the examination for registration as an RN and 4) Evidence of practice as an RN in the three year before registration.
I was really happy until I read I had outstanding documents to provide. They wanted verification of course completion and transcript from my first Bachelor Degree also completed in the US (Bachelor of Science in Health Studies with a Minor in Psychology). NNAS told me to provide them with my BS in Nursing ONLY. My NNAS report came COMPARABLE, however CNO still want to see my courses completed in my first degree. Beware Guys if you have another bachelor make sure you submit that to NNAS regardless of what NNAS said.
May 28th CNO received my entire courses syllabus/description from my previous Bachelor and since then I am still waiting. I call them periodically to ask for the status of my application and they say “It is under review”. I will let you all know the final result.
All I can say is that there is so much redundancy with this process. I hope this information helps.
Hello YA, thank you for sharing your experience with your application process especially in regards to CNO. I had also applied to them as well in the pass before NNAS and has had a very difficult process with them and still has not been able to get registered. All the best to you and everyone else applying to CNO for RN registration and please keep us updated with your progress. With everyone sharing it will help others in choosing which Province to apply to in order to receive the best outcome. Thanks everyone for your input.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
nursero said:
Hi everyone,

I am waiting for my NNAS report too ;D It has been over 8 weeks now and i'm soooo ready to finally move forward with the process.I have been calling them for updates but all they tell me is:it's not ready yet....Sigh.....What a difficult,expensive process...and it's not over yet...All i can do is pray and hope for a positive report.

Good luck everyone :DHoping for good news from all of you :)
All the best to you nursero.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
aashu241 said:
# tef
I am from India and I am having Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing 4 years
But presently I am in ontario doing palliative care program in niagara college where language of instruction is English
Hi aashu241, I just looked at CNO website and below are the different ways they have stated that you can use to meet English proficiency requirement. Check it out and see if your situation qualifies. Also, feel free to call CNO customer service to ask them if the program you are studying qualifies you to be exempted from English proficiency requirement. Here in alberta, I know a lady who studied nursing in India and has been asked to provide English test results. I do not know any other details about the lady's case. Here is what I just copied and pasted from CNO website: hope it helps.

MEETING THE LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT

The majority of applicants to the College meet the language proficiency requirement in one of three ways:

by completing a nursing program in Ontario, Canada or another jurisdiction where:
theory and clinical instruction was provided in English or French
the primary language of the educational institution was English or French
the program was not an online or distance education program and
theory and clinical instruction was not completed exclusively through PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition)

by holding current registration with the College (or having held registration within the last two years) in the General, Temporary, Extended, or Special Assignment classes

by achieving the required benchmark scores on one of the language proficiency tests approved by the College.
Applicants who can’t demonstrate language proficiency through their nursing program, registration status, or a recent language proficiency test must provide other evidence of language proficiency.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Dear all,

I am filling out my information online and have reached up to the final column of payment.Meanwhile,I want to find the required forms in order to send to my nursing college and employment agencies for the required information but I couldn't find the link on NNAS handbook. Does it mean I should submit and make payment first to get those forms? As I am moving to Canada shortly,can it be done from Canada as well?

I am looking forward to your response.

nursero

Jul 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

So it's now been over 10 weeks and still no report from NNAS...Has anyone been in this situation?

Carmi

May 29, 2014
Hi I'm new here.
FSW 2014 applicant with PPR received early 2015.
BSN (4yrs) in Philippines, with 2 yrs experience. with active NCLEX USRN license but never worked in the USA, currently working in Middle East with another RN License also (3yrs experience). IELTS academic last June 2014.
Only now that I learned about the new process or nursing in Canada. Planning to start this month, AUgust.

My questions are:
-WES is not recognized by NNAS? so I will start with NNAS and the whole process again?
- My IELTS is 1 yr old now. If the process will be finished from NNAS by Dec 2015 (by then IELTS will be 1.6 yrs), the chance is slim or I have to
retake my IELTS just to be sure?
- the Notarized 2 IDs like Phil. passport, is it ok if not done in the Phils? Im am currently in Mid east.
- based on my data above, are the following should be verified?: school, PRC, middle east nsg license, USA license, employers?
- May I know the Employer sheet? Is a supervisor enough to sign the form?
- I didnt know about this until now, because I thought if I applied FSW last 2014, I will follow the old rule. But unluckily we have to go thru all this?
-- if I have active NCLEX USRN license, I will still go through this process and wait until it reach the nursing body to assess if I will retake or not?
- in my WES assessmnt, LPN is my equivalent. so having license in US as RN and equivalent of my education in canada as LPN is quite intriguing..

I hope I can get feedback on my queries. Thank You very much.

Prettyme01

Aug 6, 2015
Hi new here colleagues. .just wanna ask if I'm qualified to apply in NNAS..I'm a caregiver here in canada for a year not having a permanent resident yet. Planning to pursue nursing after my contract in my employer.

Will wait for your reply.God bless! Hope you can help me

YA

Feb 3, 2015
iblessed said:
Hello YA, thank you for sharing your experience with your application process especially in regards to CNO. I had also applied to them as well in the pass before NNAS and has had a very difficult process with them and still has not been able to get registered. All the best to you and everyone else applying to CNO for RN registration and please keep us updated with your progress. With everyone sharing it will help others in choosing which Province to apply to in order to receive the best outcome. Thanks everyone for your input.
Hi iblessed, You're welcome. I share my information because I know how frustrating is to wait in the dark and not having any resources available where you can find some information about the process/timeline. I read in an old post that CNO took 2.5 years to process your application, Is that correct? Do you mind sharing the details? I know everyone is different but would help to know what to expect. Did they ask you to write the Jurisprudence exam?

Because CNO ridiculous process I accepted a position as an RN across the border in the US which I have to drive over an hour twice a week. I've been working in Canada as a PSW for 2 years and I decided that I don't longer want to work as an assistance, under other RN direction when I am a nurse myself. It is ridiculous! I can imagine how frustrating would be for other applicants who can't work as an RN at this time. At least I have options. What a nightmare!!!

Please share the details of your process with CNO.

Thanks,
YA

nursero

Jul 21, 2015
Hi friends,

So after almost 15 weeks NNAS has finally issued my advisory report as NON COMPARABLE :-\
I am so dissapointed.I will however apply to CARNA and see what they tell me.I will probably have to go thru SEC examination wich is fine with me as i know i am ready for it.I am not scared of the examination itself and i am confident i will do well if i am given the chance to take it.
My biggest fear is that they will not give me a chance to.

Has anyone with a non comparable report applyed to any of the regulatory bodies and got their assessment back?Please please pease share...it would be of great help to know that altough NNAS found our curriculum to be not comparable to the Canadian one we can still get a chance to prove that we do have the knowledge,ethics and skills to practice in Canada.

Oh my God,what a "great" way to start the weekend.

Please anyone that might be able to help share your story...I already know that if you get comparable or somewhat comparable you are fine but what about the ones that get non comparable? Is this it? Is it over for us?

Respectfuly,

Nursero.

snmack

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Subash said:
Dear all,

I am filling out my information online and have reached up to the final column of payment.Meanwhile,I want to find the required forms in order to send to my nursing college and employment agencies for the required information but I couldn't find the link on NNAS handbook. Does it mean I should submit and make payment first to get those forms? As I am moving to Canada shortly,can it be done from Canada as well?

I am looking forward to your response.
Hi Subash

Yes, Payment is required. After payment system will generate PDF forms with your relevant details filled in.

Regards