+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

marjay

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Hi, I am new here. My name is J. I received my advisory report from NNAS which says not comparable. Does this mean I am not eligible to apply to a regulatory body? thank you

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
Thanks iblessed!

Hi J,
You can definitely apply to the regulatory body as they have the final decision in regards to your eligibility. Which province are you interested in? They will assess your documents and credentials alongside the info they get from NNAS to determine your next steps.

marjay

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
hi iblessed. i am put in my application manitoba as the regulatory body. i hope all goes well i blessed. thank you.

marjay

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
DaleJ said:
Thanks iblessed!

Hi J,
You can definitely apply to the regulatory body as they have the final decision in regards to your eligibility. Which province are you interested in? They will assess your documents and credentials alongside the info they get from NNAS to determine your next steps.
Hi Dale. I applied with crnm here in manitoba. I hope it will turn out well. thank you.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
DaleJ said:
Hi,
Sorry for the delay in updates. I did apply to CARNA and I got a package from them as well an email saying I am eligible to write the NCLEX as well apply for a temporary practice permit. TEF, when did you apply to CARNA? They took 8 weeks to compete my assessment and let me know the result. The actual package took three weeks to reach Jamaica because they send it by regular mail. I haven't applied for the practice permit yet because based on the info I got, it's best to have a job lined up first. This covers the 225 hours that you need to get fully registered with them. If you don't have a job, and the permit expires it can be difficult to get a new one because that is dependent on an employer reference.
TEF, you would have already done NcLEx, so you should just have to apply for the permit and get a job... That's my guess. For those who have links to a hospital or health centre willing to hire nurses who need the 225 hour requirement please share...
Let me know how it goes TEF.
Thanks Dale J for sharing your experience and good to hear that you were given the green light to proceed with NClex exam and to apply for practice permit. This is my 7th week since I applied to CARNA. I will therefore wait for another one week and see if they contact me with updates. You are right, I was already done with Nclex so that requirement has been met. I will let you and others know my updates once its been received. If I may ask, did they mention anything in your package about Jurisprudence requirement? Thanks, TEF.

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
TEF said:
Thanks Dale J for sharing your experience and good to hear that you were given the green light to proceed with NClex exam and to apply for practice permit. This is my 7th week since I applied to CARNA. I will therefore wait for another one week and see if they contact me with updates. You are right, I was already done with Nclex so that requirement has been met. I will let you and others know my updates once its been received. If I may ask, did they mention anything in your package about Jurisprudence requirement? Thanks, TEF.
Ok, I called them periodically to find out the updates with regards to the processing. They are pleasant and accommodating, just give them your file # and they will check for you. My letter has no mention of a jurisprudence component.

All the very best!

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
DaleJ said:
Ok, I called them periodically to find out the updates with regards to the processing. They are pleasant and accommodating, just give them your file # and they will check for you. My letter has no mention of a jurisprudence component.

All the very best!
Thanks for sharing Dale J. Your experience is very helpful. Good luck as you work on the next steps of your case.

toffboss

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 May 2015
AOR Received.
15 Jun 2015
File Transfer...
13 Jul 2015
Med's Done....
15 Apr 2015
Passport Req..
23 Jul 2015; IN PROCES: 28 Jul 2015: DM: 6 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
19 Sept 2015
PeriwinkleNymph said:
Hello everyone!

Im new to this thread since I just submitted my application to NNAS yesterday. I received three pdf files online, which are specifically for my employer, my school and The PRC. However I only received a blank form for the PRC form (A glitch, perhaps?). But I did send an email to nnas. Im still waiting for their reply.

I am still going to print out those documents and have zero idea as to how long those papers are going to be filled up, and how I could ask our HR or the PRC to send those documents directly to NNAS. I am also planning to enroll for an ielts review this month and take it sometime october or november...

I hope you could shed some light on this based on your experiences. Do you think I should take the ielts even before they ask for it? How was your experience with PRC's filling up of forms? How was your employer? I really hope I could find some answers here.

A big thank you in advance! God bless us all nurses!
Wow. Nurse ka po pala! Anyways i started my assesment din with NnAs together with my PR app. My experience with PRC is ok naman. I applied sa Baguio office. It took me less than an hour and i paid less than 200pesos. I called after few days for the tracking number. With regards to myschool i had a hard time. I went back many times. I requested fo a syllabus only to know after that they only sent the course description coz they said thats what they are sending from past request. Kinulit ko sila to send the syllabus. And i clarified woth NNAs kung ano talaga hinahanap and it was indeed a syllabus. I ask them to put my app on hold since they already received the first mail sent by my school and they are ready to evaluate it. My school will just send the syllabus this week. I started the process last April 2015. Wala pako ielts and i dont know kung kelan ako kukuha at kung san ba. Dto or sa canada na. Confusing din kasi with regards to the validity ng ielts. Will ask NNAs for clarification once i am done with the syllabus problem. Hehe. Congrats again on your visa!!

PeriwinkleNymph

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
12-Mar-2015
File Transfer...
(SA) 16-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
(Upfront) 22-Nov-2014/(updated in ECAS) 19-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
(In process @ecas: 05-May-2015) PPR 07-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-July-2015 DECISION MADE: 22-July-2015
LANDED..........
VOH: 25-July-2015 ; LANDED: 03-Oct-2015
Thank you so much toffboss!

I'll use the universal language so everyone could understand...

Just a few questions though...

Regarding prc: did the personnel just receive the form and already knew what to do with it with regards to filling it up, etc? What kind of transaction were you paying for? Did it include the shipping fee?

Regarding employer: who filled up your form? Was it your head nurse or your supervisor?

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Ps: thank you for congratulating me on my visa! I hope you get yours too in a few days! :) yey!

toffboss

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 May 2015
AOR Received.
15 Jun 2015
File Transfer...
13 Jul 2015
Med's Done....
15 Apr 2015
Passport Req..
23 Jul 2015; IN PROCES: 28 Jul 2015: DM: 6 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
19 Sept 2015
PeriwinkleNymph said:
Thank you so much toffboss!

I'll use the universal language so everyone could understand...

Just a few questions though...

Regarding prc: did the personnel just receive the form and already knew what to do with it with regards to filling it up, etc? What kind of transaction were you paying for? Did it include the shipping fee?

Regarding employer: who filled up your form? Was it your head nurse or your supervisor?

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Ps: thank you for congratulating me on my visa! I hope you get yours too in a few days! :) yey!
this is my PRC experience. I went to PRC baguio. I presented the form to the guard and he directed me to window 1or 2 i think. I gave the form to the lady assigned in window 2 and she gave me a payment slip. I paid 75each for the board certifixation and board rating certification. I went to the cashier and paid 150pesos. Then i went to the lady at the photocopy machine regarding mailing. I opted for the registered mail with tracking number. I paid 167pesos (i forgot i didnt mentioned this in my first post). Then i went back to window 2 and she directed me to a certain officer. Then i signed inbtheir log book.the officer then told me that they will contact me after they send it. .(they didnt call. I called after 3 days to ask for the tracking number). I tracked it online and it was delivered after a week.

For the employer part. I asked the supervisor to signed it as the chief nurse was out of town during that time. Head nurse will do too. I have two employer in my 5 years .in my other employer, i asked my head nurse to signed who is also the supervisor now. Hehe.

PeriwinkleNymph

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
12-Mar-2015
File Transfer...
(SA) 16-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
(Upfront) 22-Nov-2014/(updated in ECAS) 19-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
(In process @ecas: 05-May-2015) PPR 07-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-July-2015 DECISION MADE: 22-July-2015
LANDED..........
VOH: 25-July-2015 ; LANDED: 03-Oct-2015
toffboss said:
this is my PRC experience. I went to PRC baguio. I presented the form to the guard and he directed me to window 1or 2 i think. I gave the form to the lady assigned in window 2 and she gave me a payment slip. I paid 75each for the board certifixation and board rating certification. I went to the cashier and paid 150pesos. Then i went to the lady at the photocopy machine regarding mailing. I opted for the registered mail with tracking number. I paid 167pesos (i forgot i didnt mentioned this in my first post). Then i went back to window 2 and she directed me to a certain officer. Then i signed inbtheir log book.the officer then told me that they will contact me after they send it. .(they didnt call. I called after 3 days to ask for the tracking number). I tracked it online and it was delivered after a week.

For the employer part. I asked the supervisor to signed it as the chief nurse was out of town during that time. Head nurse will do too. I have two employer in my 5 years .in my other employer, i asked my head nurse to signed who is also the supervisor now. Hehe.
Salamat! thank you! Will give you an update once I have submitted my docs! Yey!:)

YA

Feb 3, 2015
TEF said:
Hello, Is there anyone in this forum who applied to their provincial board (CARNA, CNO,...etc) after receiving NNAS advisory report and has received a response regarding the next steps in the assessment process, especially those who had either comparable or somewhat comparable report. Could you share your experience please. Ya, and Dale J, if you have had progress in your case could you share with us. US educated RNs please share. I am still waiting for my own response from CARNA and have not been told what to expect after assessment. Thanks, TEF.
Hi TEF,

I applied to CNO April 27th, 2015. Within a week I received a letter saying they have received my application and that the process might take up to 20 weeks. 2 weeks later I received an email authorizing me to write the Jurisprudence exam which I completed and passed successfully. Then I got another letter saying that I have met: 1) Evidence of language proficiency 2) Evidence of Canadian citizenship 3) Successful completion of the examination for registration as an RN and 4) Evidence of practice as an RN in the three year before registration.
I was really happy until I read I had outstanding documents to provide. They wanted verification of course completion and transcript from my first Bachelor Degree also completed in the US (Bachelor of Science in Health Studies with a Minor in Psychology). NNAS told me to provide them with my BS in Nursing ONLY. My NNAS report came COMPARABLE, however CNO still want to see my courses completed in my first degree. Beware Guys if you have another bachelor make sure you submit that to NNAS regardless of what NNAS said.
May 28th CNO received my entire courses syllabus/description from my previous Bachelor and since then I am still waiting. I call them periodically to ask for the status of my application and they say “It is under review”. I will let you all know the final result.
All I can say is that there is so much redundancy with this process. I hope this information helps.

nursero

Jul 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am waiting for my NNAS report too ;D It has been over 8 weeks now and i'm soooo ready to finally move forward with the process.I have been calling them for updates but all they tell me is:it's not ready yet....Sigh.....What a difficult,expensive process...and it's not over yet...All i can do is pray and hope for a positive report.

Good luck everyone :DHoping for good news from all of you :)

xtine_bast

Jul 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 July 2014
Med's Request
30 January 2015
Med's Done....
4 February 2015/ 3rd line 14 February 2015
Passport Req..
27 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18 APril 2015
LANDED..........
soon!!
Hi to all,

For those that already submitted their proof of identity. What documents did you submit?

Please share. Thank you in advance.