+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Believe08

Sep 13, 2018
Hi friend, Thank you for your kind response. I managed to talk to them after 2hours of long waiting. Now they asked me to submit Job description . Is there any chance will they allow me to sit for exam? Is there any specific format for job description. Thank you in advance.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hi friend, Thank you for your kind response. I managed to talk to them after 2hours of long waiting. Now they asked me to submit Job description . Is there any chance will they allow me to sit for exam? Is there any specific format for job description. Thank you in advance.
There is no specific format just ensure it is as detailed as possible....every single thing you did you ensure its on the job description.....verrrrrrrry detailed...i cant stress that enough

Reactions: RN_0001

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
I am in same boat as you are. I am currently working as RN in USA but due to longer delays in application processing by CNO I am applying for both RPN and RN.

For my RPN application so far I have received following communication in messages from them:

1) Jurisprudence exam link
2) Message stating I am eligible for CPRNE
3) Job Description document required from my employer. In the message it was also mentioned currently they are processing application in queue as of April 2018.

Therefore, I am assuming that it will take 6 months to get to my file.

My next steps would be to see what they say for my RN application as I have already taken NCLEX-RN. If the steps they provide me to do has similar timeline as RPN i will try to fulfill RN steps first before registering myself for CPRNE

cetrine

Sep 27, 2018
Hi everyone,
If I'm going back to school and take practical nursing for internationally educated student. Do I still need to apply NNAS for the assessment or apply to CNO right away? I inquired one of the college here in Toronto and they need a letter from CNO. please help I really don't know what to do,

HighriverRN

Sep 27, 2018
I submitted my application and as per january 29 aplication is ready for review. Waiting for my advisory report? anyone got it please let us know about the process/time/etc...
I am in the process too. I got the advisory report for Alberta province . Which province have you applied to ?

HighriverRN

Sep 27, 2018
Hello, I have heard from a couple of people that its much easier, faster, and less complicated to apply and be granted registration in Ontario than in provinces like British Columbia and Alberta. Does anyone have an idea why this is the case if its true and can you explain to us? Thanks. TEF.
I am not aware as to why Alberta is more difficult that Ontario. But it is true . All my friends in Alberta , did apply through CNO and the process was faster . Whereas, I applied in Alberta and I am still stuck in the process. Also , I have heard that the passing rate for OSCE in CNO is higher compared to the passing rate in CARNA

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I am not aware as to why Alberta is more difficult that Ontario. But it is true . All my friends in Alberta , did apply through CNO and the process was faster . Whereas, I applied in Alberta and I am still stuck in the process. Also , I have heard that the passing rate for OSCE in CNO is higher compared to the passing rate in CARNA
The OSCE in Ontario and Alberta is the exact same exam. Different name but same exam run by the same group, Touchstone Institute. Do they have a free 1-day prep class for the OSCE in Alberta?

aruvemp

Mar 17, 2013
Hi all, has anyone here applied or know someone who applied for NNAS without work experience as a nurse who graduated like 9-10yrs ago? Any answer will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, is still worth to apply? Any advise will be much appreciated
i am on the same boat. Can you check your conversation. i sent a Private message.

code_blue

Aug 26, 2014
Hi all, has anyone here applied or know someone who applied for NNAS without work experience as a nurse who graduated like 9-10yrs ago? Any answer will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
I recommend you just enroll for a Nursing course in Canada. If you do not have any nursing experience then applying for NNAS would be a waste of time and money.

Reactions: RN_0001

gops

Oct 4, 2015
I passed cpnre and send all the documents they needed for evaluation, but still my evidence of practice is outstanding.. I don't know what CNO need now.. is there anyone who's still waiting for license or in the same situations???

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I passed cpnre and send all the documents they needed for evaluation, but still my evidence of practice is outstanding.. I don't know what CNO need now.. is there anyone who's still waiting for license or in the same situations???
you need to submit the paperwork that shows you practiced as a Practical Nurse elsewhere.

HighriverRN

Sep 27, 2018
The OSCE in Ontario and Alberta is the exact same exam. Different name but same exam run by the same group, Touchstone Institute. Do they have a free 1-day prep class for the OSCE in Alberta?
I am not sure about courses for 1 day . But I guess there are courses for 1 week .