+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Reposting : "Can Any one suggest the study material or books to refer for MCQs written exam preparation of OSCE/IENCAP ?"

I am giving OSCE on 31st Jan 2018.
Hey I have been looking for OSCE materials too. Seems like its a ghost because the only thing that keeps popping up is courses and stuff so im not sure either as i wanted to see what it entails.

Hope you find some soon.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
I called CNO last Friday the rep told me that they haven't even reached April of this year yet with application processing. She told me maybe within the first three months of 2018 to mid year...this process is so crazy. Every time you call its something different. But hey March is coming...

thrissur

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Okay so you just received a standard form email that everyone who applies to CNO receives. Successful completion of Jurisprudence is only "part of your application for registration". So you can complete it at any point going forward (once you activate your account).
After completing this exam you will wait for CNO to let you know what your next steps are. They will send you a letter stating that you do or do not meet the education requirement. Please be warned that the letter which you will likely receive is terrible and harsh. They usually start in bolded letters "You do NOT meet the education requirement". Incredibly unprofessional. From there, they will likely as you to provide some information about your past and/or present nursing work experience. Some documents will need to be signed and completed by your nursing employers etc. Then they will assess whether the work you have done proves that your education is equivalent to a Canadian education. If they decide no (which is likely if your only nursing work experience has been in India) then they will ask you to do the IENCAP exam. It costs $500 and consists of a whole day of testing. Half of the day is a multiple choice exam and the other half is 12 stations with patient actors and nurses who watch you assess and treat the 'patient'. It takes months to get a spot in the exam so as soon as new exam dates open up I recommend you register right away. If you pass that test then you will have met the education requirement (it takes at least 8 weeks to get the results). Then you will get a letter saying which requirements you have and have not met. Once you feel you have met them, you can apply to for your license and await their response. I will warn you that some people have waited forever. @Legentellison has been waiting forever. If you try to call CNO you will be on the phone waiting in line for up to 4 hours. It's a really rough ride so my best advice is to be sure that you want this really badly before proceeding. I wish I had known all this when I first began. I hope things get faster for you and others beginning the process.
Thank you RN_0001. Thank you for your valuable time and advice.
I have one doubt. I hope you already passed Jurisprudence exam. Can you suggest which study material/book to pass Jurisprudence exam. I have latest code of Ethics 2017. Is this enough to pass Jurisprudence exam ? Please reply.

Last edited:

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
I have one doubt. I hope you already passed Jurisprudence exam. Can you suggest which study material/book to pass Jurisprudence exam. I have latest code of Ethics 2017. Is this enough to pass Jurisprudence exam ? Please reply.
All you need is on the cno site...nothing too hard...simple readings

Reactions: RN_0001

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
All you need is on the cno site...nothing too hard...simple readings
Yes @Legentellison is right.

Just make sure you eat a huge breakfast the day of your exam. Lots of protein. They barely feed you enough to get through the day. Lunch is one slimey sandwich and one bottle of water. Also, wear a long sleeve shirt under your uniform. It's freezing in there. If you speak any language other than english at lunchtime they will yell at you. It's disgusting, really.

happy1613

Feb 5, 2016
Therapeutic communication, practice stamdards, ethics, etc,.

Jmarbach

Dec 22, 2017
Hey everyone,
I applied to the CNO coming up on two months ago, after receiving a "comparable" from the NNAS. I still have not received anything in the mail and when i call they say its still under review. How long did it take for everyone to get something in the mail from the CNO?
hey Everyone, just wanted to update everyone. I got a letter on January 3rd saying my education has met the registration requirements. I just have to prove i passed the NCLEX and have English proficiency and take the jurisprudence exam